Skip to Content

Addo stay and pictures

Addo, Camdeboo, Karoo, Mountain Zebra

Moderator: lion queen

Addo stay and pictures

Unread postby Gary-sp » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Mandy and I stayed at Addo for 4 nights in May of this year. Have only just got round to posting as it's taken this long to sort the 4000 (!) photos we took whilst visiting.

Addo was the last of our park stays after stopping at Mokala and Mountain Zebra on route. We stayed in chalet 48. Of the three parks the accommodation at Addo was by far the most basic. There was a distinct shortage of kitchen utensils. Ok there were two of everything but this left nothing over for preparation. There was also no small bowl in which to microwave food. The braii was round the corner from the table and chairs which were then up a set of steps. Because this was not ideal we ate in the restaurant after the first night. The restaurant served excellent food at very reasonable prices but the service was dependant on the staff present. It ranged from superb to total disinterest! All other staff we encountered - our chalet cleaner, the shop staff, the reception staff, the centre staff, the gate staff and the garage staff offered a very friendly welcome and excellent service. Extra special thanks to the garage staff who sorted out a wheel change after we suffered a puncture.

However the deficiencies in the accommodation and restaurant service were more than compensated for by the amazing animal sightings we had during our stay. From mice to elephants and an abundance of birds the viewing blew us away! We even saw a caracal for the first time ever in four visits to Africa. Alas we were unable to photograph the caracal as it rapidly crossed the road a few yards in front of us but the 5 second glimpse will never be forgotten!

Just need some cheap flights to appear and we will begin planning our next trip!

Pics (lots of them) are here:

Re: Addo stay and pictures

Unread postby FrontierPR » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:41 am

Hi Gary

Glad to hear that you had a most memorable trip. Thank you for the kind words - they will be passed on to the relevant departments and individuals. Your concerns have been noted and they too will be passed on to my colleagues in question. We apologise for any inconvenience and disappointment caused.

We look forward to seeing you again as soon as those cheap flights make their appearance!

Fayroush Ludick
Regional Communications
Fayroush Ludick
Regional Communications

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Re: Addo stay and pictures

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:31 am

Gary, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, despite some problems.

I had a look at your pictures and what lovely sightings. Your little mice were too sweet.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Return to “Frontier Parks”