Skip to Content

Karoo national Park- No water holes ?

Addo, Camdeboo, Karoo, Mountain Zebra
JohanBarnard

Karoo national Park- No water holes ?

Unread postby JohanBarnard » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Good Day

Can anybody please explain to me why there are no waterholes in Karoo National Park. I mean something similar as the Kgalagadi, where you can sit and watch animals drinking water and the interaction.
The closest 1 can get is about 300 meter away with the crip behind the dam.

Do they not want tourist to enjoy the park animals ?
Our website : http://www.images-at-bridgena.com
Facebook: Bridgena-Johan Barnard

Leanawel
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Karoo national Park- No water holes ?

Unread postby Leanawel » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi there Jumbo :D Exactly my thoughts for a long time now. There is a little hole opposite the restaurant (almost invisible from the patio) which they fill from time to time, resulting in some activity - which is really great :dance: . A nice big one will be nice, especially with the lions here :huh:

okie
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Karoo national Park- No water holes ?

Unread postby okie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Yah well , it does sound very nice to sit ( drink- in- hand ) and watch animals to come to the water :whistle: But remember , this is an arid park , and artificial waterholes certainly does not fit in with it :hmz: And even in Kruger , those artificial watering places are being stopped , and no pumping takes place anymore .
Besides , desert animals are quite adapted to go long periods without water . Springboks and Gemsbok hardly ever drink water at all , receiving moisture requirements from desert plants they eat :doh:
Tread softly , and let your departure not be spoiled by the damage of your arrival

Next :
3 - 6 Sept 2013 - Punda.
7 - 10 Sept 2013 -Shingwedzi .
11 - 13 Sept 2013 - Balule .
14 - 17 Sept 2013 - Satara .

Return to “Frontier Parks”