Kgalagadi: Kalahari Tented Camp

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld
Kgalagadi Guru
Guru
Guru

Re: Kgalagadi: Kalahari Tented Camp

Unread postby Kgalagadi Guru » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 am

@White Rhino.

Unfortunately we cannot pre-book a unit although nothing stops you from forwarding a request and then it can be submitted and see if they can allocate the requested units.

KG
Head: Field Guiding
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
jan.kriel@sanparks.org

White Rhino

Unread postby White Rhino » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks KG, just happy that I was able to make the booking - was outside the Sanparks reservation house at 05:30 on 1st November. Couldn't sleep - brings back memories of waiting for christmas as a kid.

geraas
Location: My hart le in die rooi duine van die Kalahari. Jozi...Ex.Nelspruit

Unread postby geraas » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:54 pm

328 days to go until.....Projek Rooiduin.... :wall:

Reflecting on a past visit to KTC Sept '10 we witnessed several (>12) jackal take down a fully grown springbok near the waterhole in the evening. What amazed me was how efficient these small predators are, also how quickly and quietly they finished off their prize.

"Rant on"
Maybe a bit OT but reading previous posts it really irks me when a handfull of tourists keep on breaking the laws by feeding animals in our National Parks, the idea that these animals will eventually be destroyed as they become habituated to humans leaves a true feeling of sadness and to a certain extent helplesness :cry:
"Rant off"

lindah

Unread postby lindah » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi
Going to be in Kalahari for 4 nights in March just booked so lucky to get in. I'm trying to find any info on electricity in tents for charging batteries. Anyone know?
Also can change 2 nights to Mata Mata but not sure which is best camp as it's our first time here, usually go to KNP.
The only camps I could get are 1st night Mata Mata 2nd & 3rd nights Twee then 4 nights Kalahari.
Thanks for any help.

lion queen
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby lion queen » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi Lindah,

No electricity in any of the wilderness camps. Lights and fans are solar powered.

You'll need either a battery system in your vehicle ( those used for the camping fridges) or you'll have to get an inverter to use in your vehicle while driving to charge batteries.

If all these fail ask the attendant whether he knows of any one in camp that would be so nice and charge your batteries for you.
SANParks Online Fans..........Where passion is pride!

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough - Mae West

lindah

Unread postby lindah » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Thanks Lion Queen
Just another probably silly but somewhat relevant question that popped into my head in the middle of the night. How do you get to the swimming pool without becoming a predators dinner?

judik

Unread postby judik » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:51 am

Just another probably silly but somewhat relevant question that popped into my head in the middle of the night.

That happens to me all the time!
Linda-you can drive and then park next to the pool if you are worried
The carpark is enclosed at your tent by a fence and gate
My husband and I drove the car because we were in the honeymoon tent and it is furthest away from reception and the pool
Some accommodations are very close to the pool
It is a very nice pool btw
5/8 Satara
5/9 Skukuza
5/10 Biyamiti
5/11 Biyamiti
5/12 Lower Sabie
5/13 Biyamiti
5/18-5/21 Mpila Camp

Return to “Arid Parks”