View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Rooiputs and Polentswa HELP
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:20 pm 

Elize de Klerk wrote:
PRWIN wrote:
Elize de Klerk wrote:
When next year?

One vehicle is safe. Polentswa no 1 is the best. A frame. And if you buy a small tent you can pitchnit under the A frame. Polentswa is not so far from Nossob. So, it is possible to buy all your food and drinks at Nossob.

Rooiputs is only 20 kilos from Twee Rivieren, easy drive to bath every day at Twee Rivieren , buy all your food there and easy for only 1 vehicle. I love camping spot 3 but no 5 and 6 looks over the new lodge/waterhole.

If you send me your email adres i can sent you some fotos.

But it is possible to buy yourself camping equipment and sell it afterwards.

By the way, witch airport you lamd?

You are not allowed to use Nossob or Twee Rivierens camping facilities to bath or wash if staying at Rooiputs or Polentswa. If spotted you will be reported, :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: You must be self sufficient in all aspects :)

By the way, you advertise your busines in your signature........and no problem.

:? :?

And after spending 12 nights at the camps ( expensive ones). What is the problem to use some water?

I must ask to ranger in advance the permit to make a day trip in those camps ?
Could I write them in advance by mail ?

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:22 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi giova,

The cost of camping at Rooiputs and Polentswa are far below the SANParks camps that cost ~ R300 for 3 people vs BWP 94 (~ R112) and due to fewer campsites Rooiputs and Polentswa are very attractive to camp in. The problem however is that you might not have usuable ablution facilities and need to take you own washing water along. It is also unfence and makes the risk of scorpions much lower compare to lions walking pass your tent, but no fatalities or attacks reported so far.

The problem is that those camps are in Botswana outside SANParks and therefore visitors to those sections or any day visitor are not allowed the camping facilities at Nossob, Twee rivieren and Mata-Mata. The same goes for SANParks visitors who arte not allowed to travel on the Botswana roads towards Rooiputs and Polentswa.

I am sure when we all book at a specific camp you do not want outside visitors to invade your area that you paid 3 - 10 times more. The set-up at KTP however allows for day visitors to stop at the day visitor areas in camps, where there will be toilets, but you not allowed to enter the campsite.

Nossob camp is build in the road and you need to enter and exit to Polentswa, so you will not require a permit from SANParks, but one from Botswana's DWNP. If you are uncertain you can contact the Sectional Ranger at Nossob to explain to you why there are issues about the usage of SANParks facilities by Botswana visitors. Maybe a moderator can help with the contact details of Nossob's Ranger.

Last year during both school holidays the camp ran dry leaving all visitors without water. Its not only the water but also the privacy of other campers at stake. I've even heard of people entering wilderness camps on SA side without permission. If we all stick to the area where you have booked it will not cause any friction and the park is large enough for all to enjoy.

Son godin wrote:
Hi Joubie,

The info I got specify max 8 people per site and max 3 vehicles per site. The cost will be as follows:

ENTRANCE: BWP 20.00 per person per day
CAMPING: BWP 30.00 per person per day
VEHICLE: BWP 4.00 per vehicle per day

You will be required to pay the entrance fee even if you have a Wild card and will not enter or exit through Botswana.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:51 pm 

Son godin wrote:
Hi giova,

The cost of camping at Rooiputs and Polentswa are far below the SANParks camps that cost ~ R300 for 3 people vs BWP 94 (~ R112) and due to fewer campsites Rooiputs and Polentswa are very attractive to camp in. The problem however is that you might not have usuable ablution facilities and need to take you own washing water along. It is also unfence and makes the risk of scorpions much lower compare to lions walking pass your tent, but no fatalities or attacks reported so far.

The problem is that those camps are in Botswana outside SANParks and therefore visitors to those sections or any day visitor are not allowed the camping facilities at Nossob, Twee rivieren and Mata-Mata. The same goes for SANParks visitors who arte not allowed to travel on the Botswana roads towards Rooiputs and Polentswa.

I am sure when we all book at a specific camp you do not want outside visitors to invade your area that you paid 3 - 10 times more. The set-up at KTP however allows for day visitors to stop at the day visitor areas in camps, where there will be toilets, but you not allowed to enter the campsite.

Nossob camp is build in the road and you need to enter and exit to Polentswa, so you will not require a permit from SANParks, but one from Botswana's DWNP. If you are uncertain you can contact the Sectional Ranger at Nossob to explain to you why there are issues about the usage of SANParks facilities by Botswana visitors. Maybe a moderator can help with the contact details of Nossob's Ranger.

Last year during both school holidays the camp ran dry leaving all visitors without water. Its not only the water but also the privacy of other campers at stake. I've even heard of people entering wilderness camps on SA side without permission. If we all stick to the area where you have booked it will not cause any friction and the park is large enough for all to enjoy.

Son godin wrote:
Hi Joubie,

The info I got specify max 8 people per site and max 3 vehicles per site. The cost will be as follows:

ENTRANCE: BWP 20.00 per person per day
CAMPING: BWP 30.00 per person per day
VEHICLE: BWP 4.00 per vehicle per day

You will be required to pay the entrance fee even if you have a Wild card and will not enter or exit through Botswana.

Off course you are right.
I will try to find a 4wd with roof tent no expensive but it is very difficult from Italy!
Second option , if also no the same, I will try to contact the Nossob's ranger to know how I could go there to see the zone and the wildlife (I like it ..no problem...off course I no like give problem inside the camp!)
Ciao
Gio

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:50 pm 

Gio,

Not sure if you have already answered, but will you enter the park from South Africa or Namibia. Namibia can be a good option and less traveling time than from Johannesburg.

I can PM you some places to rent 4x4, but I have no experience renting myself. Another lady from Italy (Silvia.n) did this trip a year ago and I will link her TT below. She will be able to help you more than me from experience.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=59161