Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Kgalagadi booking advice sought
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:30 pm 

We encountered the same situation on 2nd October. Almost all the SanParks chalets were booked up and we had to re-arrange our planned itenary very quickly to be able to get some sort of logical itenary. We'll be travelling with friends so to find 2 chalets available on the same nights was even more difficult. I also heard that people were queing at SanParks offices up-country for hours before opening time.
As for our Botswana bookings at Mabua and Polentswa trails...they do not answer the phone at Gaberone and then the line stays engaged. I emailed our requested reservations several times (and faxed it as well) :evil: between 30/9 and now and they eventually booked only our friends' reservations for Mabua camping and ignored the rest of our bookings at Mabua camping and Mabua and Polentsw trails! I'm still I'm waiting to hear from them re a provisional booking for the above and still no answer at Gaberone office.
Help!!

Post subject: Re: Kgalagadi booking advice sought
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:33 pm 

The tel no. I have for Botswana DWNP in Gaberone is 00267 3180 774. I have tried numerous times to call this no. to confirm my email/faxed reservation request, but it either stays unanswered or engaged. I see above there is another no. mentioned ie 00267 397 1405, which is the Maun office if I have it correct. Can the Guru or anyone in the know please advise whether the first no. (Gaberone) is operational at all.