Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld

Moderator: hilda

Kgalagadi Guru
Guru
Guru

Re: Kgalagadi: Twee Rivieren Camp

Unread postby Kgalagadi Guru » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 am

@pedro maia,

It would be impossible to say now if there will be bats or not, although being on the cold side the chances are that there might not be. Bats just form part of the Ecosystem and here we just have to live with it, they do keep the mozzies away.
KG
Head: Field Guiding
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
jan.kriel@sanparks.org

pedro maia

Unread postby pedro maia » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Kgalagadi Guru wrote:@pedro maia,

It would be impossible to say now if there will be bats or not, although being on the cold side the chances are that there might not be. Bats just form part of the Ecosystem and here we just have to live with it, they do keep the mozzies away.
KG

Thanks, I know it´s not possible to say what will happen, I only wanted to check the odds.

I also understand bats form part of the ecosystem and I like bats, but not inside :wink:

Jo
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Jo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Pedro

We stayed at Twee Rivieren in Aug 2012 and didnt have any bats in our chalet which was a FA4 chalet. We did have bats in the kitchen at Kielikrankie, but we just closed the kitchen door and we didnt have any problems. We did find that with the colder temperatures the bats seemed to be less "energetic"......dont know if this is a proven fact or that the bats we have encountered in the winter months have just been more relaxed. :hmz:

anne-marie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)

Unread postby anne-marie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 pm

the Bats, here in Europe, hibernate, in winter (about November to April)
what about these in Kgalagadi :hmz:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye
Le Petit Prince

planing KTP janv/fev.2016

pedro maia

Unread postby pedro maia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 pm

Jo wrote:Pedro

We stayed at Twee Rivieren in Aug 2012 and didnt have any bats in our chalet which was a FA4 chalet. We did have bats in the kitchen at Kielikrankie, but we just closed the kitchen door and we didnt have any problems. We did find that with the colder temperatures the bats seemed to be less "energetic"......dont know if this is a proven fact or that the bats we have encountered in the winter months have just been more relaxed. :hmz:

It´s good to know that :) .

Return to “Arid Parks”