Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: KTP in early May
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:28 pm 

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a fantistic Monday :dance:

My gf and I are trying to plan a bit of a last minute trip to KTP in May, which i'm super excited about. I've wanted to go to KTP for a few years, and now seems like the right time. The only problem is that there is very limited accommodation showing, particularly for Nossob, which is where we'd like to spend at least 3 nights. We will be camping during this time.

I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were to the possibility of campsites becoming available between now and May? We plan to be in the park from May 2nd for 8 nights. Currently, Nossob have no campsites available during that time. Do we risk it and book our flights, with the hope places become available, or do we think about going somewhere else? I've been to Kruger a few times, and i know with accommodation there, places that were fully booked seem to be available a day later. But i'm assuming things might be a bit different in the KTP as campsites are both fewer and smaller.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

Post subject: Re: KTP in early May
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:28 am 

Ceejay, with the Sanparks condition that full payment must be made 60 days before arrival date, the chances are good that some accommodation will become available towards end of this month / beginning March.

I cannot advise you on whether to take the risk and do your flight bookings unless you can get a full refind for your flights if you cancel say beginning March if nothing is available in KTP.

Blackie

Post subject: Re: KTP in early May
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:58 am 

Hi Ceejay.
My advice to you would be to book whatever campsites are available at the moment for the duration of your planned trip.
Then watch the availability in the camp of your choice like a hawk and adjust your bookings as cancellations appear.

Have you considered Rooiputs and particularly Polentswa as options to Nossob?