Skip to Content

Kgalagadi: Nossob Camp

Augrabies, Kgalagadi, Mokala, Namaqua, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld

Moderator: hilda

Re: Nossob river side

Unread postby Div » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Except for the Giraffe which stay on the Auob side near Mata Mata, you will have the chance to see all the animals on both sides of the rivers.

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Son godin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Hi Panekoek,

I was a bit disappointed in the Auob site this July when we stayed at Mata-Mata. In Dec we only stayed in Nossob and had lots of predator sightings, so for me Nossob is the best. The secret is to stay for at least 5 days and try to include Grootkolk / Polentswa so that you don't have to do a day trip up to Unions end, but also visit that area.

The Auob river is at most place to as wide as Nossob and the road follow the river much closer than the road along the Nossob, therefore you might get better close-up sighting there. During our Dec trip nearly all our sightings of lions was in the road and some stayed there for 4 - 8 hours. It was only the cheetah we did not get too close and we were also surprised by Brown hyena crossing the road in front of us twice.

You going to enjoy this trip and no matter where, but my vote goes for NOSSOB :thumbs_up:
Trip Reports - Painted, spotted and striped animals of the Koppies, TT of Three Arid Parks near Namibia in April 2015

Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby GavinW » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Both sides are good.t's all about being at the right place at the right time, and NOT chasing sightings

See our latest Trip report here :D

See our trip reports:

Christmas Trees in the Kalahari May 2012
Winner of Travel Tale of the year 2012
See here:

Wannabe Larnies in the KTP December/Jan 2015

Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: Kgalagadi: Nossob Camp

Unread postby forestgump » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:31 pm

All taken from Nossob hide , December 2012.

Nossob a great camp ! :thumbs_up:
No to speeding in Sanparks.

Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Re: Kgalagadi: Nossob Camp

Unread postby DuQues » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 pm

Sharifa wrote:Hey, forestgump I know those two under the hide!!!! :lol: :thumbs_up:

We only saw the female, and missed the cheetahs. :( They were flat cats, and thus invisible.
But we did get the female guarding the kill:
Not posting much here anymore, but the photo's you can follow here There is plenty there.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Return to “Arid Parks”