Skip to Content

Don't Look Behind You

See what other forumites recommend you should read

Moderator: hilda

Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Don't Look Behind You

Unread postby Tom124 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:28 am

Hi all, great to "see" you all after a short battle with illness. I've had a lot of spare time and picked up a great book - Don't Look Behind You by Peter Allison. It's a fantastic group of anecdotes from a safari guide, ranging from hilarious to truly shocking.
Back from beautiful Botswana - a long time to wait, but KNP and KTP planned for 2016!

Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Re: Don't Look Behind You

Unread postby Kamadejo » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:24 am

Hey Tom, great to see you around again. I hope you haven't been serious ill. :pray:

It is a great book and easy to read. Peter Allison wrote another book called "Whatever you do don't run" and this is also lovely. :thumbs_up:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former. Einstein

Kamadejo returns to KNP after 7 years
Balm for the Soul

Unread postby sandy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi Tom, glad to see you are " up and about" - if you enjoyed this book then you have to get his other book,

DONT RUN WHATEVER YOU DO. Very entertaining... :lol:

Unread postby iNgisi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:05 pm

I bought both books mid Dec with the intention to read them flying down to SA in March. I made the mistake of reading a little to check if they came up to the expectation given by the reviews I had read. The result is that I read both and must now find something else for my flight.

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Don't look behind you. Peter Allison

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:31 pm

I have looked through the threads in "recommended reading" and not found a review. This rather suprises me, as it is a good yarn filled with humour and moments of poignancy.

Peter Allison seems to share my lack of any sense of direction, distracted driving habits and a deep love for all animals. A sense of direction and competency in a vehicle are 2 good requisites for a ranger. This is a book that will bring laughter and tears. Anyone who has any experience of the bush will relish the tales well told.
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Son godin
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Don't look behind you. Peter Allison

Unread postby Son godin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 pm

I read his other book - "Don't Run whatever you do" and also found it full of humor with a few sad stories. The best one for me was the lion that nearly killed him and the Japanese tourist asking him to repeat because his video camera was not one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then I must get his other book as well. :thumbs_up:
Trip Reports - Painted, spotted and striped animals of the Koppies, TT of Three Arid Parks near Namibia in April 2015

Return to “Bookshelf”