Tony Park's books

See what other forumites recommend you should read

Moderator: hilda

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Tony Park's books

Unread postby Hippotragus » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:11 pm

I can now answer my own question! I bought African Dawn the other day at Estoril Books, Fourways Mall. I'm on my way to KNP for 10 days and looking forward to a good read while there (when not seeing spectacular game).
KTP May 2015

ils

Unread postby ils » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:02 am

Me And SO is addicted to Tony's book!!
Lov the way that he creates the exact picture in your mind of the surroundings in the book!
Stiffnecks member
Missing Kruger.......

18 April - Skukuza
19 April - Lower Sabie
20 April - Croc Bridge

Tony Park

Unread postby Tony Park » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:30 am

Been off the forum for a while - busy writing - but thanks, Ils, for the comment, and yes, Threedogs, Bev Harper's books are great. I never met her, but know her son well and have corresponded with her husband - good people.

threedogs
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby threedogs » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:04 am

Just finished reading' Dark Heart'.

I have to say that after reading Tony's first three or so books and initially really enjoying them, I had some disappointment in the next one or two. I can't remember which title was the catalyst but I spat the dummy and said 'nope, not reading any more of these'. I thought the characters got a bit flakey, the storey line silly or the plot predictable and the breathless women annoyed me no end.
Then I gave things another go with African Dawn and I loved it. Read it in a lodge in Bilene in Mozambique and left it with the manager there! So my SO gave me Dark Heart for Christmas. About two or three chapters in with the first 'breathless' scene I had to put the book down in a fit of pique and decide whether to go on or not. (From a woman's perspective I think male authors are hopeless at writing sex scenes - men might think they're good but in my book shop the female readers agree that they are so obvious, literal and clunky) Anyhoo, I got past my impatience with that and pretty soon I was engrossed in the book. Finished it this afternoon and the verdict is: well worth reading - IMHO. :thumbs_up:
NO TO TRADE IN RHINO HORN!

mlommies

Safari by Tony Park

Unread postby mlommies » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:25 pm

hi Mites

if you have not read this book, do yourself a favour and get it

The writer basically in detail describe all my favourite camps in the KNP. Cannot help but feel the nostalgia when reading the novel. Also covers poaching and is just overal a good read. When ever you miss the KNP, read the book it will help

:dance:
In the Kruger I feel at home, thats why my real home is only 30 min away from the Kruger

angiek

Re: Safari by Tony Park

Unread postby angiek » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Will definitely keep a lookout for this book. Tony is a great lover of KNP and SA. Actually owns a house bordering Kruger Gate (Sabie Park). Not bad for a Aussie :D

mlommies

Re: Safari by Tony Park

Unread postby mlommies » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:47 am

moobox wrote:I must take a read of this. I'd like to see if it is available electronically.

I've enjoyed all the Aussies whom I have met. I like Mitchell Johnson! No hysterical vein busting fist pumping issues.

you can buy this from www.kalahari.com

E book is available
In the Kruger I feel at home, thats why my real home is only 30 min away from the Kruger

Tony Park

Unread postby Tony Park » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:29 am

Hello all, just checking back in after a busy quite-a-while. Hope all is well and I'm very much looking forward to getting back to RSA very soon, with visits to Kruger, Kgalagadi and other parks planned for this year.

Tony Park

Unread postby Tony Park » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 am

Thanks all! I've been off busy writing and editing. Just going through final edits on the 11th one, due out this October/November. Heading back to SA in May to write another one.

RichardJ
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby RichardJ » Sat May 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Tony's books are available from Google Books @R39.51

Or Amazon Kindle Books US$5.99
co-authored books US$11.99

All his books are listed on his site:

http://www.tonypark.net/books/

ekoppen
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby ekoppen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:57 pm

Tony Park wrote:Thanks all! I've been off busy writing and editing. Just going through final edits on the 11th one, due out this October/November. Heading back to SA in May to write another one.

Hi Tony
We go to Kruger each year in Oct/ Nov for a month plus. We load our Kindles up with everything we can find about Africa. There's nothing like reading about Africa while sitting in a bush camp in Africa. Due to the length of our stays space is everything. It would really be nice to see more of your material available in the Kindle format :clap: :dance:

*****2015*****
Skukuza Oct 30,31 Nov 1,2
Orpen Nov 3
Letaba Nov 6,7,8
Oliphants Nov 9,10
Satara Nov 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27
Lower Sabi Nov 27,28,29
Crocodile Bridge Nov 30 Dec 1

leervis
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby leervis » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:28 am

I have just looked and there are lots, if not all of Tony's books available on Amazon.
26 - 29 August Balule
30 August - 1 September Sirheni
2 - 5 September Tsendze

iLoveMeerkats!

Unread postby iLoveMeerkats! » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:38 am

leervis,
There are lots of Tony's books, but they are not available for the Kindle - I think ekoppen was requesting Kindle editions. We have found that having books on the Kindle (and/or ipad) saves tons of weight in the luggage.

Timepilot
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Timepilot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:40 am

iLoveMeerkats! wrote:leervis,
There are lots of Tony's books, but they are not available for the Kindle - I think ekoppen was requesting Kindle editions. We have found that having books on the Kindle (and/or ipad) saves tons of weight in the luggage.

I have all of Tony's books on my Android tablet - and I bought these through Amazon US not Aus.
“ Every year elephants were becoming scarcer and wilder south of the Zambezi, so that it had become impossible to make a living by hunting at all. ” FC Selous 1881

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Can't wait to read Tony Park's latest book - The Hunter. I've asked Father Christmas to bring it to me.
KTP May 2015

Return to “Bookshelf”