Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Happy 8th Birthday to the forum :)
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:02 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Happy, happy 8th Birthday!!! So many new faces and over the last "how many years I have been part of it, cant remember" I met awesome ppl! It started with the webcams and then discovering the forums as you could not post a comment without registering! Im sad about the ones who left and was a big part of my life, but they played a huge part in my decision to go to Kruger for a Loooonnngg time....I still miss you and although Im not very active on the forum now...I still read it often....and it will never go away!!!.....Love to all who started it and those who kept it going!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:06 pm 

Happy Birthday dear Forum Image

Thank you, Nedret and Danie and E-biz team :gflower:
You have reason to be very proud of your brainchild :clap:

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:17 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Happy Birthday, Forum! :clap: :clap:

So many memories...

...me as a bright-eyed newcomer, asking a bunch of questions and getting stellar advice for my first trip to KNP. I couldn't have done it without my fellow forumites. :dance:

...making so many friends :thumbs_up: (and a few foes :twisted:) along the way, which resulted in me meeting my "Best SA Friend" in the flesh my recent trip and learning so much more about other friends via facebook, pm, email, etc. :dance:

...watching the cams in the Arizona evening as the sun just started to rise over KNP. Magical.

...being asked to represent the forum as a FAC member.

...assisting new members with their questions. In particular, I loved introducing SANParks to my fellow countrymen.

...watching the forum grow, mature, and evolve. Yes there have been a few steps back for every leap forward, but the forum heart is bigger than any mod, mite, or entity. We're a community. :gflower:

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday forum :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I stalked the forum for a long time before I joined :redface: Reading the Travel Tales and eventually joining in the fun! I'm now writing my ninth travel tale on the forum, and still enjoying everyone else's :dance:
I've only been a member for two years ... but I have been a busy member for those two years :whistle: :lol:

The forum is a great place. Thanks to Nedret and the founders :clap: Thanks to Sanparks personnel :clap: Thanks to the Mods who do a flippin brilliant job!! And thanks to the Mites. You have become my family :D

To many more forum years!! Image

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Happy Birthday Forum. :bdaysmile:
Thank you all for such a great place.
Hope there are a lot more years to come.

Table With A View, West Coast Adventures

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2013)
:dance: :dance: :dance: Happy Birthday Sanparks Forum :dance: :dance: :dance:

:hands: Nedret and team, The Mods and also to all the mites who share and offer their knowledge, advice, photographs, humour, help, stories and so much more, here on the Forums. Without you we would not be celebrating this 8th year of success. :hands:

Thank you all :k :k :gflower:

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:15 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:big_eyes: :big_eyes: 8 years old already! WOW! It does not seem that long..... Feels like yesterday that I just had to register and join in the fun. :twisted:

Congratulations to SANParks, Nedret, the Mods (over the years) and, off course, the members that makes this Forum such a great asset to SANParks. :clap: :clap: :clap:

There has been many ups and downs over the years. Fortunately more ups than downs.
I have many fond memories of the forum, made some wonderful friends here.

Yes, lately I have been quiet, but the forum still holds a special place for me.

To every one involved with the forum KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Here is to the next 8 years of the SANParks Forum!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:11 am 

Location: Swaziland. The smallest country of the S. Hemisphere
Happy belated Birthday to the forum, and a huge congratulations to Nedret for giving birth to this wonderful place we all have.

If you want to list your Park Dates in the YR Thread then please PM me.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:57 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Stark wrote:

...watching the forum grow, mature, and evolve. Yes there have been a few steps back for every leap forward, but the forum heart is bigger than any mod, mite, or entity. We're a community. :gflower:

You got it right there, Stark. :clap:

The forum I joined on Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:42 pm when I asked Danie (still at Skukuza then) what bird was at the waterhole, doesn't exist anymore. Nor the one where I made a fool of myself over the Springbokkies (that I do on Facebook now! :lol: ). And it's not a bad thing. We've all moved on.

I've been very active again the past few months because it's the ONLY place on the Internet besides Facebook, where I could find reliable info on Augrabies and KTP. I tried them all, joined new forums, left them all. The most successful part of the forums at the moment are the Trip Reports and daily or almost daily reports from the staff in the Parks themselves. Augrabies Guru, Kgalagadi Guru, Lourens, etc etc. THEY are the ones that deserve the :clap: and congratulations. As are the forumites who actually take the time to answer questions.

Yes the mods keep things in order and the guys in Groenkloof allow the forums to continue, but they're not the heart of the forums. The forumites are. So a Thank you to all of YOU and many more years of sharing your information and experiences. 8)

I just found pics of a Meet I organised in Magaliesburg in 2005. Never knew I still had them. I remember a very disgusted Wildtuinman phoning me to find out where the heck we were as he was on his way to Rustenburg by then. :lol: That was the first time I met Wild @ Heart as well. Nedret was the official SanParks representative at that one.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:29 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Guinea Pig wrote:
I just found pics of a Meet I organised in Magaliesburg in 2005. Never knew I still had them. I remember a very disgusted Wildtuinman phoning me to find out where the heck we were as he was on his way to Rustenburg by then. :lol: That was the first time I met Wild @ Heart as well. Nedret was the official SanParks representative at that one.

I am sure you can safely share those pics here as none of us looks even remotely the same any more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:36 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:lol: That's for sure, Jaco V. I forgot that's where I met you guys for the first time as well!

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:40 pm 

Are you better at finding your way around nowadays Jaco V?

A roaring lion does not catch any prey - African Proverb

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:09 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Jaco V wrote:

I am sure you can safely share those pics here as none of us looks even remotely the same any more :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had a good look again, Jaco V. You'll be surprised how we all still look the same, just older. :lol: That meet was on 29 May 2005 to be exact.
I also have a whole collection of photo's from a meet I had to arrange for us to meet up with Jose on 2 November 2005. Some interesting pics of some mites between all these. 8)