Skip to Content

Thanksgiving for Table Mountain

Use this forum for general postings not related to any specific park or special interest, but RELATED to Conservation in South(ern) Africa

Moderator: Crested Val

inyanga 1
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thanksgiving for Table Mountain

Unread postby inyanga 1 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:45 pm

I asked Hilda whether this might be an interesting question; she suggested that I posted it here:-

If Table Mountain wasn't where it is, where would you like it to be (for a short time) ?

.... 1 somewhere else in Africa
.... 2 somewhere else in SA
.... 3 somewhere in an other Continent
.... 4 some where off-world
.... 5 where it is now?

If not 5 then where?

Please either post your ideas, or preferably PM me, and I will summarise or better still use them after Kaapsedraai leaves Table Mountain for his well earned holiday in December...

You might ask what's the ***** is this all about.

Well, about this time last year, Kaapsedraai went to the Kruger, letting a few know that he was going to be 'off Forum' and so couldn't update his TM topic ( a very much liked one :clap: :clap: ).

Isinkwe was one of those and so said that, whilst Kaapsedraai was away, perhaps the Gauteng Mine Dumps could be swopped for TM, as he wouldn't notice. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:redface: :redface: I helped :naughty:

so if you missed that sequence of Insinkwe and Inyanga1
Image and Image
versus the Cape Town 'mites read from here :-

Recent TM posts have noticed the opportunity of Kaapsedraai's forthcoming holiday and potential relocation of TM by I&I; read these:-

Now I and I are looking for feedback as to where TM might VIRTUALLY go over the festive season.

Hence the questions above.

If you have a really brill idea a PM is best :whistle: :whistle:

I Image and IImage
Launch page for 2015 Cape to Namibia trip reports ..
WYSIWIT - Photos aren't photoshop'd except for mono, sepia & cropping

Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Re: Thanksgiving for Table Mountain

Unread postby hilda » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:00 am

The secret of life is not to do what you like, but to like what you do. - Unknown.

Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hugh » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:54 pm

I need the mountain right here in Cape Town My two beeeg grandie boys are visiting and their wish is to climb the mountain What would I tell them if it wasn't here ..... But you can take it where you wish after they have been My daughter would love it in the grand place in Brussels and my beeg son n a game reserve in Zambia and the leetle son how about in Disney World in the USA ( he is taking his kids there over Christmas and it would be a special treat for his wifey as its her favourite Rock )
"Grandmothers are antique little girls"

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Kaapsedraai » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:36 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: .....I Image and IImage

Current - Table Mountain's mood today
Future - Dec'15: Mokala (7th), Kruger (10-24th), Golden Gate (25th) & Karoo (26th)
Finished - Bontebok NP 23-25 Sep'15, Agulhas NP Jul'15; West Coast NP Aug'15, Kruger Dec'14

Return to “Chit-Chat”