Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 5523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346 ... 369  Next
 Post subject: Re: Varsity Student Formites
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 am 

Well this stattement ist not scintific verfied. But Esspecially from foreign visitors I can imagine, that this could a correaltion from both. Meaning misjudging Distance and the fear to miss something out. As I said just a guess :think: :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:19 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
wildflowergirl wrote:
cheetah2111 wrote:
the speedsters we are talking about did not misjudge distance ... they just speed from one cat sighting to the next. Sad, but true

and miss all the special sightings and beauty of nature in between. Those poor souls.

It is true. But still the cat chasers we need in Kruger as well. The 50km/hour lion chaser with the aircon on and going to the restaurants with ipad on, might well be the conservationist of tomorrow. We need to give everyone the opportunity to fall in love with the bush :D The Kruger is for all ... from lion chasers to the Dendrologist admiring the trees :D

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 am 
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
cheetah2111 wrote:
Hippopot 8)
This Kruger trip :mrgreen: Tell us about it!! Where shall you be staying and who you going with??

Well... Since you asked so nicely.. 8)

On Wednesday, 1 May, we (myself, my parents, aunt, uncle and cousin) will be travelling from the east of Johannesburg heading North. We will be travelling in two cars, one 4x4 and one 4x2, both proudly sporting Rhinoses :mrgreen: a roofrack (for diesel etc.) and an offroad caravan.

We'll be stopping over in Tzaneen for one night to visit Modjadjiskloof and the rest of the area.
On day two we will be heading in to Kruger at Phalaborwa, camping two nights at Letaba (and hoping to catch a wildlife film whilst we're there).
Next stop will be Punda Maria for four nights. We were hoping to visit the Pafuri picnic site and Crook's Corner, but the flood hampered those plans a bit.. :(

On Wednesday we'll be heading out at Pafuri (we hope that's possible..) with a pit stop at the majestic baobab at Sagole, heading towards Mussina and then Mapungubwe. This will be our first visit to MNP and we will be camping at Mazhou for four nights. We hope to see as much as possible, but apparently the Den Staat road is closed as well as the tree top walk, which is a pity. But we'll make do with what we have. :)

And then on Sunday the 12th of May we'll be tackling the long road (6hours) home just to be back in the city for work on Monday. :(

But we are VERY excited, seeing as we last visited Kruger in 2011. Hopefully the weather will be in our favour and the Big 5 won't be shy. :) I promise to post photos when we get back. :mrgreen:

Does anyone else have any plans for a SANParks trip soon?

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:28 am 

Maybe I´m a hardliner in that case, but I do question myself, do we need this Person as a Conservationist, when they are in the Park with I pad and what ever technikal support? I don´t think so. What I have realised in Germany, we completly forgott about the Power of nature. The Power can be positiv and negativ. With every Technikal support, this feeling to be connected to Nature will be destroyed. On the other Hand you are correct we should give them time, as long they are leaving me alone. I guess you understand my Point of view :roll:

Hi Hippo.

No Don´t have the time and money, I´m a poor Masterstudent :twisted: But I´m jealps to everybody who will go to SANP or South Afrika. I haven been there since 2008. It´s gonna be time... . who is sponsoring me :tongue: :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:35 am 

FAC Member (2013)
A full itinerary I see :dance: :dance: :dance:
Sounds marvelous!!! :dance: :dance:
Not camps for big 5 hunting ... but peace and pristine Kruger shall not evade you 8) I would highly recommend a detour past the tropic of Capricorn loop on your way up to Punda! The road code is S143 and in case you have not been there, it is like the serengeti of Kruger :D High animal traffic, with good chances of rare antelope such as tsessebi, Eland and Roan 8) The famous artificial waterhole there is tops! Called Tihangonyeni. :thumbs_up:

The Phalabrowa wild dog pack has been seen today on the H14 tar road between Phala and Mopani, but close to the Phala side :D Keep tabs on their movements and your luck at finding them might increase :D

Punda is home ground of a Vmite Kallis ... I wish he would come online :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Just saying hello to my friend Cheetah :hello:

Hanging here with the young crowd and not conversing with us boring oldsters much...... :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 am 

FAC Member (2013)
Malealea wrote:
Maybe I´m a hardliner in that case, but I do question myself, do we need this Person as a Conservationist, when they are in the Park with I pad and what ever technikal support? I don´t think so

People change. I was a lion chaser ... and I grew to love and appreciate much more. We need to give people the chance to be exposed to nature, for it to grow on their heart. At first, we only care for the big 5 and other predators, later we appreciate more. I would encourage new visitors to come to Kruger and enjoy it however they wish ... some people will try it once and never again, others will grow into influential supporters of conservation. Give everyone the chance to fall in love with the bush :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:43 am 

FAC Member (2013)
threedogs wrote:

Hanging here with the young crowd and not conversing with us boring oldsters much...... :tongue:

You our guest here 301dogs :dance: :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:46 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

cheetah2111 wrote:
threedogs wrote:

You our guest here 301dogs :dance: :dance: :dance:
[quote="cheetah2111"][quote="threedogs"]Just saying hello to my friend Cheetah :hello:

8)

Honorary guest maybe..........I like. :hmz: After all, I only graduated in 2010. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am 

FAC Member (2013)
9 Dogs!!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

2010 is like yesterday 8) Spring chicken!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Yeah I wish. :roll: Nobody mention mature age student.... :lol:

Luvs those doggies :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:45 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

cheetah2111 wrote:
Malealea wrote:
Maybe I´m a hardliner in that case, but I do question myself, do we need this Person as a Conservationist, when they are in the Park with I pad and what ever technikal support? I don´t think so

People change. I was a lion chaser ... and I grew to love and appreciate much more. We need to give people the chance to be exposed to nature, for it to grow on their heart. At first, we only care for the big 5 and other predators, later we appreciate more. I would encourage new visitors to come to Kruger and enjoy it however they wish ... some people will try it once and never again, others will grow into influential supporters of conservation. Give everyone the chance to fall in love with the bush :D

I was just about to ask how can the speedster with the ipod/ipad iwhatever and blaring music and who knows what become a conservationist, but it is very true what you say that people do change.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:32 pm 

First of all I had my concernce as well, But Cheetah are telling the truth. When I remembered back I was always keen to see the big five, afterwards I was and I am actually intrested in Predatorial Movements. I defeantly can see a development by myself, Therefor Cheetahs Comment is quite good. :hmz: . Phalaboraw and Wild Dogs? Dif I miss something out? When I was the last time in Kruger (2003 :whistle: They told me the Pack of Wild Dogs are in the south). Now I´ßm dazed and confussed.

Best Regards

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Malealea wrote:
Phalaboraw and Wild Dogs? Dif I miss something out? When I was the last time in Kruger (2003 They told me the Pack of Wild Dogs are in the south). Now I´ßm dazed and confussed.

dazed and confused Image

It is true ... your best chances of wild dogs is in the South 8) 5 packs down there.
In central Kruger there is the Orpen pack of 30 dogs 8)
In the North you have wild dog packs as well (3 if I'm not mistaken?Phalaborwa, Shangoni and Puna packs I know of) .

:thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:37 pm 

Haven´t known that bit. But well it´s greta to hear. So far I never had the luck to sopt them... . Damm it. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Do you have any suggestions for the next time?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5523 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 340, 341, 342, 343, 344, 345, 346 ... 369  Next