Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 5504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341 ... 367  Next
 Post subject: Re: Varsity Student Formites
Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
I hated accounting :(
I put in as little effort as possible! I was basically forced to take the subject because of the combinations of my subject choices in grade 10. My most valuable subject in high school going in to varsity was History .... we had to write tons of essays in history and they were majorly strict on the building of a solid argument where every element of the essay builds towards a conclusion. My other subject I chose was Science ... I loved physics! They didn't allow me the combination to do business economics, so I had to do accounting :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: And it literally sucked the life from my soul!! So I put in as little effort as your students in accounting :lol:

But I have many opinions on the youth of today :hmz: :whistle:

One positive I can say for the youth between 17-19 here in Joburg ... they are much more responsible with drinking than we were at that age ... we were getting drunk and driving as soon as it was possible :slap: So there is one positive :thumbs_up: Almost all my friends smoked when we were around 18, but I mainly see a trend against smoking by the youth now :hmz:

I think the youth are largely slack and think they deserve everything without putting in the hard yards. There is my gripe with the youth

16-23 August - Lower Sabi!!!!

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:25 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

That Cake is awesome! Such a lucky brother to have gotten a cake like that, and I'm sure it must have been delicious as well :thumbs_up:

Congrats on your friend cheetah :dance:

Now now, cheetah accounting can't be that bad :roll: to be honest accounting was not my favorite subject at school, mine was geography because I loved learning about the earth and mountains, rivers etc... But I have this weird connection with accounting, like its in my blood :wink: hence I am studying it....now that I am studying it I really do enjoy it and I do believe it is the correct path for me.... But good luck with the marking heksie :)

Tomorrow is my last day of vacation, haha and I will be working sp pretty much my last day was Friday... On Friday the Sharks played in our little stadium in Pietermaritzburg, and was sooooo great to see my team in out town :dance: we played the leopards :)

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:40 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Good Afternoon V's

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend.

Heksie, I am great with my accounts academically and I always get Distinctions in my accounting units, but that does not remove my hatred for it. I dislike it to bitz, especially because I hate looking at a page full of figures, and all the other stuff linked with accounts.

The youth of today love making excuses regarding everything possible :slap: , if you say why you did that, they will give you a 2 hour story which actually makes sense :hmz: , only if they used that knowledge to do their work which they dont want to for some reason :wall:

:congrats: to your friend Cheetah. I will say what most elderly people tell me during weddings, yours is close by :lol:

Enjoy your last day of holiday Meerkitty

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:13 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hey Every one :D

I hope you all had an awesome weekend :mrgreen:

We had our extended family round for a family get toghether yesterday, lots of work but well worth it :thumbs_up:

Also I am off to Kruger next week, my dad is taking to of his German Colleagues for the week end and he asked if I want to Come with :dance: We are staying at Orpen for 2 nights cannot wait!

Bro & Sis Road Trip V2 in September

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:37 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Good Morning V's :hello:

Another Monday has arrived, with more challenges.

Great to hear you going to Krugs Spargish. Orppen is a wonderful Camp. I have had very special sightings there, and I mean VERY SPECIAL.

My TR has been updated

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:12 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Hi Julle :D

Back to work ey Kittsy 8) I hope it is a great year for you :D

Another Kruger trip Spargs :dance: :dance: :dance: I love the Orpen - Satara area!! Enjoy man

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:16 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Guys I got a new job :dance: :dance: :dance:
Its an awesome job too! Its a position doing offline editing on AVID Nitris for a big studio :dance: :dance: :dance:
They have huge clients like Deloitte, FNB, Makro, and all the big names you could want to do corperate vidz and adds for :D

They also have their own Audio suite where I can learn more about sound engeneering, and their own studios where filming takes place, and can learn about lighting and camera :D

Thanks for all the well wishing from you guys :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Congrats Cheetah!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Oh yay a trip to Kruger for Spargs, awesome :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:13 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :hands: :bcool:

CONGRATS once again Cheetah. Really Happy for you. Looks like next time you'll go Kruger, you'll take pics like a pro 8)

For 2nyt, I am going to share my Laptop Wallpaper with you all, and du know how they say that everyone thinks differently, and have their own different views regarding a picture. Such as an Artist might make a painting thinking of something but than everyone else has different opinions on it.

Today will be the first time I will post this Laptop on the forums, and before you all, nobody in the world has seen it, and I mean it, since no body is allowed to touch my laptop, but am curious because today in Marketing we learnt that everyone see's things differently, so give me your opinion on what you see in this Wallpaper, and at the end, I'll tell you all what made me create this Wallpaper, and what I was thinking at the time of making it.

Here is the wallpaper everyone..

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

cheetah2111 wrote:
Guys I got a new job :dance: :dance: :dance:
Its an awesome job too! Its a position doing offline editing on AVID Nitris for a big studio :dance: :dance: :dance:
They have huge clients like Deloitte, FNB, Makro, and all the big names you could want to do corperate vidz and adds for :D

They also have their own Audio suite where I can learn more about sound engeneering, and their own studios where filming takes place, and can learn about lighting and camera :D

Thanks for all the well wishing from you guys :thumbs_up:

Congrats Cheetah, Sounds Awesome :thumbs_up: I know you will do Great :tongue:

I also love the Orpen Satara area, Wild Dog sighting have been pumping around Orpen over the past couple days so I am Holding thumbs :whistle:
I think it will be quiter around Orpen since Maroela and Tamboti are still closed.

Nice Wildlife on the Wallpaper Kallis. A Spottie, a prancing stalion and a stunning Bird :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:51 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Good Afternoon V's

Really Rubbish weather today, and it is snowing. I hate the SNOW.

Besides that hope everyone is well, and enjoying themselves. I got an exam on Friday, and than got a week off next week :dance: :dance: :dance:

WOW Spargs, The Wildlife you mentioned is true but I only noticed once you told me :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Sleepyowl, that is the best cake ever!!! :thumbs_up: :D

Cheetah, congrats on your friend's wedding. :D Special times. :D

It's my brother's bday today. I hope his wife made him a lovely cake, I'll just a little too far away to make him something other than send him a happy bday message. I remember with sweet memories he made me a cake one year for my birthday, I was about 5, (can't remember the exact year but I was very young like 5 or 6) and he made me a cake that looked like a cat.

Hope everyone's days are super. we're getting closer to the weekend. :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi WFG

Wish your Bro Happy Birthday on my behalf. The weekend is far far away from where I see it since I got this exam on Friday. making the weekend look far away.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:53 pm 

hey v's :yaya: ! hope everyone's well and PESETAing to survive the heat!!!

Thanks for all the cake compliments :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: my brother loved it :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Cheets congrats on the new job!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs_up: What a great opportunity!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: When do you start?

Kallis I love the snow!!!! You're sooooo lucky!!!!

WFG happiest of birthdays to your bro may he have many happy returns of the day :D

Spargs so lucky to be going to KNP again :) :) !!

Heksie it's true that the state of today's children is sad especially in terms of respect and the willingness to work hard, but I believe we can't blame them alone. They didn't make themselves that way. Between the stuff they watch on tv (that their parents should be controlling but don't care about or are too busy to see to) and the spoon feeding of work brought upon by teacher's and a government who care more about results than an actual understanding of the work, they've become too used to having their way and getting by with minimal effort. There are many other factors involved not excluding the kids themselves who often can't be bothered or are just too lazy and a combination of all of this makes for a scholastic nightmare.

Life's hectic at the moment :roll: UNISA's giving me trouble with my registration and it looks like I'll be taking a gap year this year :hmz: :hmz:

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Support the anti rhino poaching Brownie Project

KNP TR Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Join the No-Kudu Horns Quiz

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hey every one

I hope you are being spoiled if you have a valentine :mrgreen:

Have you heard the Oscar Story, It is desperately sad :cry: :cry: :cry: made me numb this morning

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5504 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341 ... 367  Next