Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:17 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Cute pic with the little curly bow! :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:01 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Besides 2 labradors, I've got a few hundred fancy pigeons that are used for genetical colour experiments and for showing. My avatar is of a recent showwinner.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:03 pm 

Unfortunately I know hardly English, therefore pictures of our cats and the dog of my mother. More pictures on our HP. Love of greetings Geli

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:09 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

this is Cloud aka albino Garfield :wink: ..and an opportunity to test Gwen's pic posting advice :lol:

check the snail on the pole that sneaked into the photo :wink:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:52 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Yvonne B. wrote:
Number three is a 5 year old male, mix of Dutch sheepdog and Tibetan terrier. Always happy and ready to play. He makes his own rules, and has an identityproblem. He is the smallest, but he still feels like he is a Dane.

We have a Tibertian Terrier too! Only it's not a mix, but they look much on each other. Maybe it's far far family :)

Post subject: The story of frog (Do you have a pet?)
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:32 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

I had a Rottweiler who died a year ago when I was on a six month project in Cape Town. She was like a daughter, and after ten years of being a constant companion, except for trips to wildlife areas, I decided it will take me lifetime to mourn her passing away.

BUT...a new addition to our household came to stay. An Olive Toad. My daughter and I gently removed her/him? the first time it hopped in, but a day later, it was back inside. It's been inside the house for three months now. Late at night, when all's quiet, we get entertained by our jumping minstrel. And we have tried to find it, but to no avail.

I have started to get things ready for the Kruger trip over the weekend, and found it in the flask basket. I think it's telling me something....

What do you say, should frog stay or should frog go? :evil:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:34 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The dog I am now talking about is not exactly ours but she belongs to very close relatives (I hope this counts as well )
During the few moments of sunshine yesterday I was on an Easter stroll with our relatives and their dog.
Her name is Goldi.
She is just gorgeous.A very friendly little doggi.
She was born November last year and moved in around Christmas.
Goldi is a Jack-Russell-Mix with unbelievable power.
On this pic (which was quite hard to take as she was running around at high speed all the time) you can see her (the brown little sweety in the foreground)with a new acquaintance in the park.
He just cam out of the water and gave her a little shower.

Katy

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:25 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

We have a cat called Molly who came from a rescue sanctuary after our last much loved cat jimpy was put to sleep aged 18 years. couldnt bear the thought of her being put to sleep in a stange place so paid the vet to come round and put her to sleep in our garden. Anyway after being mistreated and abandoned, Molly is now a much pampered pet... We also have an Argentinian horned frog that lives in a tank in the house, and is called georgina. :shock:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:48 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

We have two greyhounds. They are retired racing dogs and can still run very fast when we allow them off the lead which isn't very often because they don't come back when we call them. Hilda is 10 years old and Whiz the white one is now 5 years old. They are very good in the house, make lovely pets and keep the cats out of the garden! (sorry cat lovers!)

They love going to the coast and walking in the sea!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:49 am 

Here's a pic of my three critters at home... Not sure if any one will mind me posting this pic (Nothing to do with SanParks). hope not, but if i must remove it, no problem :D

It's a male and female ringneck, and a Jendae Connure (Looks like a traffic light :lol: ).. now you know where i got my profile pic from :wink:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:19 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Location: Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life
We have four dogs, two beagles Snoopy & Shandy, a bearded collie puppy Sherri, and the terrorist, a west highland terrier named Snowy. They own the garden and the pool. The house is owned by a uppity cat called Sox. Furthermore there are two budgies named Sugar and Spice. As you will note my SO has a thing about all the names starting with a S.
At present I am so worried as Snoopy has developed kidney failure (at the age of 5 ??? ) and we will only have the results of the biopsy on Saturday.

Tamboti 10,11,12 May 2014
Lower Sabie 13 & 14 May 2014
Olifants 15,16,17 May 2014

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:01 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Location: Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life
Pets live here !

Rules for non-pet owners entering this property.

1. They live here. You don't!
2. If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
3. I like my pet a lot better than I like most people.
4. To you, it's an animal. To me he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
5. Dogs and cats are better than kids. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college and if they get pregnant, you can sell the results.

Tamboti 10,11,12 May 2014
Lower Sabie 13 & 14 May 2014
Olifants 15,16,17 May 2014

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:05 am 

I have to angels (and I mean that in both ways!) Who are cats named maggie and twinkle. My parents gave them to me when the family cat died, because I can't live without animals in my house :) Twinkle is a chubbly little girl with no tail and Maggies is a skinny little girl with a long tail.. theyre pretty much opposites of eachother... but there everything I need on a bad day. :wink: :D :wink:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:33 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

A house without a pet is not a home.

I have a dog named Bella (it means beautiful). I got her from the SPCA when she was a tiny puppy who could sit in one hand (although she was such an active, wriggly puppy that she never sat still for long enough!).

Bella was a cruelty case - she and her mom were abandoned in a yard without food or water when their previous owner got arrested for fraud. It's hard to believe that he didn't make ask someone to look after them!

Bella's most amusing habit is her love of chasing shadows and sparkles while barking loudly. Candlelit dinner parties are very entertaining (and not at all romantic).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:07 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Let me Start by stating that I have no pets.
I am, however, the designated human provider of food, shelter, lap and pets for the following felines of the family: Marco (the Smart Siamese); Haffu (the cute-cuddly one); Macy Grey (the mother of ) Smudge, Smore, Smokey, & Seldom; Fu (brother of Haffu – he got the whole mustache); Charcoal (Alpha Male in back yard); Shadow and her kitten Coal.
There is also Eddie and Teddy the half-grown possums. Refusing to name the skunk as we don’t see eye-to-eye.

All are foundlings and most are wild to some degree except Marco (who is named after Marco Pantani as he came to me the day 'Il Pirata' won atop Courchevel in the 2000 Tour) and Haffu, who is in fact a Princess inhabiting a cats body.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 97  Next