Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Do you have a pet?
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Hi Hilda, Gal still responds to the whistling but not all the time, but it is helping to calm her for which I'm very greatfull.

Thanks for the :pray: I really appreciate it :k

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:39 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Hi fellow pet lovers! :)

OWN I hope Billy continues to get better, it is a ongoing process when one takes on a dog like that isn't it?
carolg, glad that Gal seems okay; no worsening of symptoms? It is all about learning to manage the issue, hey, and find what helps and what doesn't?

Dog issues at our place are continuing to resolve themselves slowly, slowly. Almost ready to start leaving the four dogs locked outside together whilst I am at work (on the nice weather days lol).

I gave my home sick son two beautiful budgies to put in the aviary at his rental house. They are called Mordecai and Rigby (after cartoon characters!!) His girl friend has started a little worm farm. Guess its easier than having a dog! :lol:

Hope all other pets and people are happy and healthy! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Award: Quiz Whiz of the Year (2013)
Award: Musketeer of the Year, Quiz Whiz of the Year (2012)
Thank you so much MM, Carol, Hilda, 3D, for the ongoing wishes and thoughts. You all are genuine animal lovers. :k
Yes, Carol and Hilda, Hills - although a bit more expensive - is a wonderfully integrated and balanced food. We give our dogs the lite version; less in calories, and so don't overfeed them. In fact, all three of them are on ideal weight.
3D, yes it is an ongoing process as we don't know the damage that happened before we acquired him. We don't even know for sure what breeds he is mixed between, nor how old he is (anywhere between 3-6 years). But, we believe that every dog you find is one that was meant for you. We feel that way with all of our canine buddies.
Yesterday, actually, was the very first time since we got Billy a year and a half back that his stools were perfectly formed and the right colour! A landmark day as it means that the meds and new food is working. we will keep him on the meds for a while, then reduce to a level that is preventative of this problem re-arising.

TR: PRIMEVAL PLEASURE

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:51 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
threedogs wrote:
Dog issues at our place are continuing to resolve themselves slowly, slowly. Almost ready to start leaving the four dogs locked outside together whilst I am at work (on the nice weather days lol).

onewithnature wrote:
Yesterday, actually, was the very first time since we got Billy a year and a half back that his stools were perfectly formed and the right colour! A landmark day as it means that the meds and new food is working.

That is good news Threedogs and Onewithnature! I am so glad for both of you! :dance: :dance:

@ Carol g: As long as it has some positive affect on her, keep on whistling Carol! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:00 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Thanks hilda! :)

It is a bit of relief to say the least as we are going on a road trip to Queensland in a couple of months to see No1 son :dance: and I didn't want No2 son to have too much bother looking after the mutts in our absence. I worry non-stop about them as it is when we are away :roll:
Hope all is good at your place! :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:34 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
threedogs wrote:
I worry non-stop about them as it is when we are away Hope all is good at your place!

I can imagine, and one cannot enjoy your holiday if you constantly worry about the four-legged kids Threedogs. :wink:

Everything is fine here, thank you. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:20 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Gal has got a new thing today, she is walking around the house growling and barking at who knows what. She is cross with something, I wish I knew what !!! Poor thing. I really wish she could talk, that I could tell her there's nothing to worry about. :wall:

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:24 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

It's very hard watching our beloved pets get old. I have to min daxies, of which the oldest, Monty is 14.5yrs old. He has become senile in the last few months too and doesn't act like he used to. But we love him nonetheless. Luckily for him, he now goes to his Granny every day while we're at work!!!! Now, who can complain at that!

Carol G - know exactly how you feel. They are very special "children" to us.

OWN - glad that Billy is doing so much better and that you were able to figure out that he didn't like his other food. What a difference it can make. Hoping he gains strength and restores his health in leaps and bounds.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:29 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Thanks Tawny, yes it's so sad when they get old. Gal also very senile, and not much one can do about it. :(

KNP 2- 16 May 2014

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:24 am 
Thank you Tawny, Hilda. :thumbs_up:

Billy was never a big eater, usually only finishing half to three-quarters of his food. We thoght that, being a dog, he knew what he was doing, that he knew how much he needed. Despite his poor eating habits - and that on a vet-prescribed food - he still seemed active enough and full of life. Now, on Hills, he leaps around like he has springs in his paws, and guzzles the entire bowl's contents. A different dog altogether. We'll have to watch his weight, though. He barked loudly at me this morning, which meant that he wanted to go out - whereupon he vomited. Great that there is no more blood in the vomitus, and he doesn't strain at the stool anymore. What I tell people is to always trust your instincts as the powers from above will always guide and empower you!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." (Groucho Marx)

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
OWN, I do hope that he is improving day by day. He is such a sweet natured dog and it is horrible to think of him feeling so horrible.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:15 am 
Thanks MM; he seems to be on the mend. His little dog angels got hold of our angels and pointed us in the right direction. Who says dogs can't speak!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
To all doggies and other pets out there may you day be good, also to all their human friends on the forums who take such good care of them :wink:

OWN I have no doubt that dogs can speak, they do and they communicate in many other ways as well. Those two of us know exactly that we fall for their ways of getting what they want every time, it is kinda difficult to say no to a dog standing in front of the cupboard where their treats are kept looking you in the eyes … :) I just have difficulty to teach those two of us the word NO :?, other more complicated (but nice) things they understand very well and have learned quickly :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:45 am 
Strangely, I seldom have a problem saying "no" when it is for their own good. A dog only follows its instincts, and those can sometimes get it into trouble. Tough love is very necessary in such situations. Actually, I usually feel good after saying "no" when the results are palpable. But then again, there are indeed times when that look in their eyes can almost melt even my strongest stand. The important thing, though, is that I refuse to give in; give in once and its tickets!

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
I'm so glad to hear that all are doing well under all the different circumstances! Where there is love, there is hope! :dance: :dance:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 97  Next