SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Help me with my photo
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:16 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Good Afternoon everyone.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong on the following two photo's?
I believe they are over exposed and being a novice at photography was wondering what the pro's think! How is the rule of thirds applicable and what about the color?
Thank you for your time!

This bull was seen at the low water bridge; Shingwedzi; Sep-2009.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:00 pm 

Good Afternoon Ferdelance the Pictures are very nice. The Color is a little bit washy.
Meaby you have a Camara with automatic Focus. Thats normal . Maeny AutofocusCamaras have problem with so different NaturColors. I d`ont no , what you like . I like the Animal very bright and the rest a little bit washy.
I make Pictures with my old Manualfocus Camara Canon T70 with Zoomlens from 100-300mm. I d`ont no , what for ASA do you make your Pictures. The best ASA is 64 , when the Light is normal. When the Light commes difuser , so you push the ASA higher.Max 200 ASA . And go with you Focus in the middle of the Animals . Forget the rest . Meaby you have a Programm , be there you can bring the Focus only in middle Position of the Pictures. So ist bether. OK. Make more nice Pics. :clap:
http://a.imageshack.us/img14/460/loewe1t.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://a.imageshack.us/img153/4861/koen ... inruan.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://a.imageshack.us/img97/460/lwe3.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img337/3163/afri ... andaru.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://a.imageshack.us/img713/2397/imm038280.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greetings from Peter /Switzerland

Moviecamara Sony with HDD 80 GB.
Yukon Ranger Digital Nightvision

Last edited by peewee1 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:18 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Right, let's see some photoshop boffins help me with these two photos-taken over the weekend 22-26 July. LIT- except the tree kept being in way. Last time I had a fantastic response-hoping I will get it again this time. Need them branches removed please!

If it can be done- I shall no longer call it photoshop but-the-tree-removing-leopard-view-restoring program!

Thanks!

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:27 pm 

Noel, those shots are great! :thumbs_up: No need to shop sh!t out of the way. I use PS for all my shots but only to enhance the colour and contrast. The rule with nature shots is that you don't change or remove anything. This being said it can be done, if you have the time.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:25 am 

Agree with Sprocky here, they are great and show the leopard in it's true environment, why would you want to change it?

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:31 am 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

:thumbs_up:

Don't do anything with them.

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:21 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks Sprocky, Saraf and DQ, appreciated :thumbs_up: . Its not that I am unhappy with them, (how could I possibly be-one does'nt get to see LIT often, so made the most of the opportunity-over 70 photos) so a lot more, but all with some twig or branch. I like them all, these two I have chosen not because they are the best, but was wondering if something could be done with those twigs.

What I was asking is not for every twig and branch to be removed. Perhaps I did not make it clear. In the first photo-there is are some branches around the head-above, in front and to the right of the jaw that green leaves. These are the ones I was wondering about?

In the second pic- there is twig running across the mouth-distracting I thought.

Thanks for your encouraging words-it means a lot for a hobbyist photographer-looking your pics (Sprocky- I always have a look at your in nd out photos -they are amazing. What you seem to get right with your 500 mm lens keeps me trying with mine) I value your comments.

Very encouraging forum this!

Have a great evening.

Noel

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

noel: in Photoshop CS5 you have a thing called "content aware" that you can use in a couple of different ways to remove the branches. You could either make a selection of the branches you want to get rid of and then press the delete button and select "content aware". You could also use the healing brush with "content aware" selected. I'm sure there's many many many more ways to do it, as with everything else in photoshop. So many ways to do the same thing.
If you don't get a good result the first time, undo and do it again. Everytime you use content aware, you'll get a different result.

Just keep in mind that if you do this in Photoshop, you cannot call it a photo anymore. It has now become a piece of "art" and not an original photo.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm 

On a night drive leaving from Olifants restcamp we saw a porcupine with 2 young ones cross the road. Unfortunately the pictures we took are very vage. Can anyone help me to restore these pictures?

TR: "Cloggy Kruger Highlights"

Last edited by t-bal on Sat May 12, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:14 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Sorry T-bal, can't help. Hope you can get help on that. :)

Unread postPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:03 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

sorry T-bal, not sure anyone will be able to help with your images

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:18 pm 

Im stil new at this photogrqpher thing. Was just wondering what i can do with this pic its taken tru a windscreen.

Untitled

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:32 am 

What do you mean "what can I do with this pic..?"...... Print it, frame it and hang it behind the loo door!! That way you can look at it every day and dream about actually being in the wild with another chance of such a sighting and photograph.. :lol:

Seriously, what would you want to do with it? It seems relatively sharp and the nose is in focus. So the colours are not high in intensity, but I guess it seems pretty much like you saw it... I would question why you would actually want to change it an any way... :hmz: Any changes are likely (in my opinion) to detract from the originality of this picture. As a memory, you cannot do better than the original........ or at least as close to what you saw. I do not believe that you can change it in any way to "improve" it...... Just keep the memory for this one, and remember to stick your head and camera out of the window next time (but not too far :shock: )

Learn to use your equipment
and spend your time taking,
rather than processing images.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:02 am 

Haha thanks for the positive feedback :lol:

I was just quite abit upset that the colour came out so dull
This picture i took when i eventually rolled down my window i wanted the otherr photo to also have that natural colour in it :doh: if only the windows werent tinted!
Untitled

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 am 
Honorary Virtual Ranger
Honorary Virtual Ranger

Why do you have the windows rolled up anyway? It doesn't look like it was raining...

Feel free to use any of these additional letters to correct the spelling of words found in the above post: a-e-t-n-d-i-o-s-m-l-u-y-h-c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next