SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Our "Road Runner" visit to the 2014 Kruger Cricket
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:37 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Barry and Hilda that was certainly a very quick road runner trip you had :dance: I'm sure it was worth while and you must have really enjoyed it.
Nice sightings you had on the way :dance:

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:52 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Award: Newcomer of the Year (2012)
Philip1 wrote:
Barry and Hilda...you both deserve a "Special Mite Medal". :clap: :clap:

Magic pics of all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind comments Philip1 and happy that you enjoyed our sightings as well :thumbs_up: . Our medals was in the form of meeting so many awesome 'mites again during such a short visit as well as SANParks management :dance: .

Stampajane wrote:
Wow, Barry and Hilda, you definitely deserve a special award for your effort. Glad you enjoyed your long day and had some good sightings as well. It's lovely to leave on a road trip in the dark and enjoy the sunrise along the way.

Thanks for the kind comments Stampajane :thumbs_up: .

I totally agree that it was a day in our lives that we will never forget :dance: :dance: .

isinkwe wrote:
barryels wrote:
Of course the first item I packed was Hilda’s 500mm lens.

Don't think you will ever forget the lens again, :D :D
That really was a quick in and out, well done to you both :thumbs_up:
In fact "road runner" was so quick, this guy

could not catch up Image

Thanks for the kind comments isinkwe :thumbs_up: .

That I will never forget that 500mm lens ever is a promise :dance: .

I also had these Image guys to help me :D .

ecojunkie wrote:
barryels wrote:
I did send a general PM to ecojunkie to make sure that the tar road from Malelane to Skukuza will be open on Saturday and when she confirmed, the plan was put into action.

And I immediately had my suspicions but kept quiet!!!!

It was so wonderful to have met at last EJ :gflower: . We were at Malelane a few times in the past to have a look if we could meet you, but you are a busy lady :D .

Thanks for keeping the surprise intact :clap: .

umtali1 wrote:
All that way just to see a few hours of cricket :hmz: Crazy :lol: :lol:

Mind you, I would do the same just to see a lion or a buffalo or an ellie or a secretary bird or that wonderful sunrise :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: . But you see I am crazy too. There's also that distance of 10,000 km approx as well. Oh to arrive in the park when gates open.......BIG SIGH!

What a wonderful day you had. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Thanks for the kind comments :gflower: .

It was just one of those things that we had to do and I think you and SO would have done the same when in our situation :dance: .

It was a day that we will never forget :thumbs_up: .

tedredrum wrote:
Barry,

I love that the first thing packed was Hilda's big gun. I suspect that will be the case from here forward. You and Hilda are the poster children for the forum and this trip is just more evidence of that. I'm really looking forward to our meet in May. Min dae, see I still remember some Afrikaans from my school days......

Take care,

Daron

Thanks for the kind comments Daron, it is really appreciated :thumbs_up: .

It was just one of those things that we wanted to do and it turned out to be one of the best days in our lives :dance: .

Not long to go before our meet as well and really looking forward to it :clap: .

PNF wrote:
Thought that we were the only ones that did that sort of thing.............welcome to the Day trippers Club, Hilda and Barry :)
How lucky you were with your sightings - makes up a bit for the lost photo opportunities on the previous trip, ne?

Thanks for welcoming us to the club PNF :thumbs_up: .

It was one of those days that one will remember for the rest of your life :dance: .

Trrp-trrrrrrrr wrote:
Wow!!!! Image Barry & Hilda :clap: :clap:

Sure had many km to cover in that short space of time. :shock: ....and then still to be rewarded with amazing sightings + having a wonderful fun-filled time at the cricket!!! ...just awesome. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for the kind comments Trrp-trrrrrrrr :gflower: .

Yes it was a day to remember for ever :dance: :dance: .

gatita wrote:
How wonderful that you had a chance to go to the cricket, Barry and Hilda, even if it was only for a few hours :dance:

and on top you had some great sightings as well :clap: :clap:

Good that the lens was packed although it seems it was a bit too big for taking pictures of the lioness. :shock:

Thanks for the kind comments gatita :gflower: .

It was a wonderful day that will be remembered for life :dance: :dance: .

picnic wrote:
What a surprise it was indeed. :thumbs_up: It was nice seeing you and Hilda again. :D

It was really great to have a chat again and as I said, it will stay with us for life :thumbs_up: .

lion queen wrote:
I wished someone could have taken a photo of my face and reaction when it finally kicked into my "slow" brain what my "fast" eyes were really seeing!!!

I was the very bestest reddest cherry on my cricket trip!!

Thank you for being such wonderful mites to have done this!! It was great to meet up with you guys again and have a lovely chat!!

I'm so glad you had great sightings too!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although we cannot supply you with a photo LQ, I can promise you that your reaction will be with us for ever :thumbs_up: .

It was wonderful to be with you guys at the cricket and the day will stay with us forever :dance: .

dellac wrote:
Hi Hilda & Barry we are :mrgreen: :mrgreen: that you could just pop up to the cricket :wink:
Love your pics. really making us :mrgreen: and as usual Barry you are a lion magnet :clap:

Thanks for the kind comments dellac :gflower: .

Yes it seemed that the lion magnet worked overtime during our day trip as well :dance: :dance: .

Carol g wrote:
Barry and Hilda that was certainly a very quick road runner trip you had :dance: I'm sure it was worth while and you must have really enjoyed it.
Nice sightings you had on the way :dance:

Thanks for the kind comments Carol g :gflower: .

Yes I agree, it was a very special trip that we will remember forever :dance: :dance: .

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:23 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

WoW Barry - What a great spontaneous surprise visit at the Cricket :dance: :dance: :dance:

On top your sightings you had whilst rushing to the Cricket field were indeed not that bad and gladly the rain kept away and the sun was shining :P

I knew that the first thing that you will pack now during all your coming trips will be the 500 mm lens :tongue:

I am sure it was worth that long time in the car :mrgreen: and your four legged friends were also happy :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:25 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Barry and Hilda. you guys are terrific. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: What a surprise :D I couldn't quite believe it when I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Hilda's big smile.

I see you have made up for the lens disappointment from your last trip. 8)

You deserved that lovely lion sighting. :gflower:

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:12 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Pumbaa wrote:
WoW Barry - What a great spontaneous surprise visit at the Cricket :dance: :dance: :dance:

On top your sightings you had whilst rushing to the Cricket field were indeed not that bad and gladly the rain kept away and the sun was shining :P

I knew that the first thing that you will pack now during all your coming trips will be the 500 mm lens :tongue:

I am sure it was worth that long time in the car :mrgreen: and your four legged friends were also happy :thumbs_up:

Sorry for only replying now :redface: .

Thanks for the kind comments :gflower: .

It was such a special day with such awesome sightings that made the visit so worthwhile :dance: :dance: .

Meandering Mouse wrote:
Barry and Hilda. you guys are terrific. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: What a surprise :D I couldn't quite believe it when I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw Hilda's big smile.

I see you have made up for the lens disappointment from your last trip. 8)

You deserved that lovely lion sighting. :gflower:

Sorry for the late answer to your kind comments :redface: . I think you know the reason why :roll: .

Thanks for the kind comments, it is really appreciated :gflower: .

There was so many 'mites that we chatted to that I saw you spoke to Hilda and the next moment you were gone before I could say Hi :shock: .

It was such a wonderful day at the cricket and had such a special sighting as well, that every kilometer driven on that day was worth the while and will do it in a jiffy again :dance: :dance: .

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:05 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Barry only read your Trip Report now but how amazing are you and Hilda 8) to travel all that way for a couple of hours... So sorry I missed you at the cricket Porridge told me you guys were there and then before I knew you were gone :( :( Next time :)

1-4 Shingwedzi
4-6 Mopani

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:18 am 

FAC Member (2013)
jaxidean wrote:
Hi Barry only read your Trip Report now but how amazing are you and Hilda 8) to travel all that way for a couple of hours... So sorry I missed you at the cricket Porridge told me you guys were there and then before I knew you were gone :( :( Next time :)

Thanks so much for the kind comments :gflower: .

It is really a shame that we missed you :(

It was just to short for us to met all the 'mites and have a chat before we had to leave again :roll: .