Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 2 of 2
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: FIRST EVER SOLO TRIP TO KNP
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 pm 

20140224_132623 by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

After two nights at Satara I went back to Olifants - this time to stay in one of the BD3U cottages that face east. Unfortunately no sunrises the two mornings I was there due to thick cloud cover but otherwise magnificent. The view in this picture is the exact view you get when lying on the bed!!! These cottages have been redone and have lovely sliding doors looking out at that view. The cottage is 100% private and you look at absolutely nobody- pure heaven. I spent almost one full day at the cottage just listening and enjoying the sheer wonder and beauty of it all. Various animals and birds came to the cottage looking for crumbs and down below there were the ever present waterbuck and baboons with some hippos and ellies as well

Early morning grooming session
IMG_0296 by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

IMG_0269 by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

LILY WITH BUGS by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

Olifants is a total building site as I have mentioned before but I am sure it will be lovely when everything is finished later in the year and the addition of a pool will be very welcome by many

Post subject: Re: FIRST EVER SOLO TRIP TO KNP
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:22 pm 

This little chap was really really mad that I was in his space such a fierce little thing and still looking so cute

IMG_0230 - Copy by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

IMG_0208 by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

And now for the most amazing experience of the trip - I know that I said that cats are not essential in a trip but I have to admit it is always a thrill and this one was very very thrilling - I was still in phone range from Olifants so shared the photos as they happened with family and friends and I had these two chaps all to myself for half an hour

IMG_0290 by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

This was the cherry on the top -this one sat down and gave the most incredible roar - my entire car shook and vibrated with the power of it and every hair on my arms stood up straight - wow wow wow

IMG_0291 by suewilliamson777, on Flickr

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2