Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mars' Trip Report 23 - 30 Dec 2013. KNP
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:12 pm 

We made our way in at Malelane gate and had about 5 cars in front of us waiting for the gate to open. shortly after entering our first sighting

From there we had a few more birds and general game sightings.

Our next morning we drove towards Berg en dal when we heard about lion sightings towards afsaal and decided to turn around and see if we can see them.

We missed them and drove on on the s114, it felt good to be out of the ''main road'' with all the traffic.
After driving for another hour or so we came across 3 wild dogs busy eating a baby impala. I think we missed the kill with about 10 minutes or so but really enjoyed this unique sighting. Only after watching in silence for about 5 minutes 2 more cars joined us.

For the next few days we had lots of rain and not so many animal sightings. We finally got to see some lions and had a few nice and interesting smaller sightings as well. I have a few things i would like opinions on but because I want to keep this to a short report Ill post them in another post

Post subject: Re: Trip Report 23 - 30 Dec 2013
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:29 pm 

Thank you, always sad to leave... Had a sighting of a leopard at night just on the opposite of the river at skukuza and a Hyena ''singing'' for us every night. What happened with these buffalo we were standing there watching zebra's drink water and when we drove off about 10 meters on this huge herd of buffalo came straight for the water so we reversed back and waited for them. They chased off the zebra and really enjoyed cooling off, it was something to watch :dance:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]