Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Re: Joyride with the Bateleurs
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:14 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Thank you for a very special episode Pumbaa and Timon! Your Buffalo pictures are absolutely excellent! :clap: :clap:

Lovely bird sightings, an awesome Lion sighting, and those Zebra pictures! Brilliant! :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:19 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Lovely pictures of all the buffs - the cutie with his mom is just adorable! :thumbs_up: And that sunrise pic at Satara - now that's a keeper. Beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

20-22 June - Tamboti
23-25 June - Shimuwini
26-29 June - Shingwedzi

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:09 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Love the roller with kill...super sighting and pic :clap:

Enjoyed catching up on your numerous sightings

Thanks for sharing

John

Back again -Kruger - April 2014

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Location: Lost somewhere in the travel tales,and don't want to be found
Really nice sightings once again :clap: :clap: :thumbs_up:

28 July - 2 August - Maroela ( armed with Amarula)
3 August - 7 August - Crocodile Bribge

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:55 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
Award: Small Parks Promoter of the Year & Sighting of the Year - Small Creatures and Insects (2013)
Pumbaa, wow a jam-packed episode with great pics. :dance:

I also love taking pics of buffs, especially the different faces and horn shapes. It makes for interesting photos. :D :D :D
One thing which is also exciting is standing in the road with buffs all around you and some looking at you and some lifting their noses to smell you... :D :D :D

Love all the lion and bird sightings - great moments captured. :thumbs_up:

The zebras always great to watch. I love the last pic with 4 Zebs in the road. Great pic. :clap:

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:27 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Award: Cammer of the Year (2013)
Award: Cammer of the Year (2012)
Hi Pumbaa :D :D

I can never get enough of yours and Timon's photos - they are always stunning!! :cam:

Love all the buffalo portraits, but the one of the mum and calf is my favourite :thumbs_up:

Oh how I'd love to be stuck in a buffalo or zebra jam right now... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:52 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

great shots of the buffaloes, Pumbaa :thumbs_up:

I just love the crested barbet. :clap: :clap: They never sit still for me.

A pity that the lions were hiding that well but you managed to take some nice pictures anyway.

TR KNP 2013 Gatita's KNP - will we visit a green park again? March 2013

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:48 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Trrp-trrrrrrrr wrote:
Pumbaa

Great episode with super special pics....All the birdies are just stunning. :clap: :clap:

Baby Buff and Mom is ever so cute. :dance:

As for the Swaison Francolin call...*sigh* just reminds me of Kruger. :mrgreen:

Zebra's really make for good :cam: :thumbs_up:

Thanks for sharing. :popcorn: :popcorn:

I also can hear the Swaison francolin call my second favourite after the famous trrrrp-trrrrrrrrrrrr :dance:

barryels wrote:
Wonderful pic's of all Pumbaa :dance: :dance: .

Stunning Buff's :clap: .

Love the birdie pic's :D

Thanks for sharing :thumbs_up: .

Buffaloes are so fantastic models :thumbs_up:

hilda wrote:
Thank you for a very special episode Pumbaa and Timon! Your Buffalo pictures are absolutely excellent! :clap: :clap:

Lovely bird sightings, an awesome Lion sighting, and those Zebra pictures! Brilliant! :dance: :dance:

Satara at it's best and we were blessed this year with incredible sightings there :dance:

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 pm 

Bushbuddies wrote:
Lovely pictures of all the buffs - the cutie with his mom is just adorable! :thumbs_up: And that sunrise pic at Satara - now that's a keeper. Beautiful!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Little buffie and mom will be framed now and still a breathtaking sunset at Satara to come :dance:

john n poppy wrote:
Love the roller with kill...super sighting and pic :clap:

Enjoyed catching up on your numerous sightings

Thanks for sharing

John

It took quite a while until the roller swallowed the cricket :P

isinkwe wrote:
Really nice sightings once again :clap: :clap: :thumbs_up:

Thanks so much isinkwe :k

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:58 pm 

Kaapsedraai wrote:
Pumbaa, wow a jam-packed episode with great pics. :dance:

I also love taking pics of buffs, especially the different faces and horn shapes. It makes for interesting photos. :D :D :D
One thing which is also exciting is standing in the road with buffs all around you and some looking at you and some lifting their noses to smell you... :D :D :D

Love all the lion and bird sightings - great moments captured. :thumbs_up:

The zebras always great to watch. I love the last pic with 4 Zebs in the road. Great pic. :clap:

You described is so very well I can always fill a whole card with buffalo faces better wuld also be a sound card so we can hear there meowing as well. We also do love Zebra roads blocks :P

melph68 wrote:
Hi Pumbaa :D :D

I can never get enough of yours and Timon's photos - they are always stunning!! :cam:

Love all the buffalo portraits, but the one of the mum and calf is my favourite :thumbs_up:

Oh how I'd love to be stuck in a buffalo or zebra jam right now... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Me too but gladly I started already counting the days :dance:

gatita wrote:
great shots of the buffaloes, Pumbaa :thumbs_up:

I just love the crested barbet. :clap: :clap: They never sit still for me.

A pity that the lions were hiding that well but you managed to take some nice pictures anyway.

The problem with the crested had the guy we met at that sighting whereas for Timon same posed so nice the guy did not manage to capture same :)

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:01 pm 

We also had to pass a lot of road blocks in form of wildebeests and even cheeky impalas

Once again we visited the crocodile on the rocks,

said good-bye to the noisy hippos

and even spotted another green-backed heron busy in stalking near the brink of one pond.

A plopping noise made us away of another red-crested korhaan, followed by its head, however,

later we could once again adore the whole bird, followed by another white-winged widow.

The black-backed jackals were also good to us this year and we once again could spot one in the thick grass who just found something delicious.

The rest of the drive on the S41 after we passed the S100 was more than quite although we once again enjoyed to simply stand on the causeways there and look around. After a short break at Nwanetsi we drove back via the H6 but same was also extreme quiet today and it was although still early extreme hot so it got more and more difficult to take pictures as the air started already to glimmer but from a flock of white storks which was about to take off we could finally capture one of the not yet started ones

and although maybe the mammals kept hidden from the heat the birdies were plentiful, especially the Carmine bee eaters.

As it was still far too early to return to camp although unbearably hot we decided to drive at least once the S126 in order to spend an extensive time at Ximangwaneni which we fell in love with whilst staying a couple of years ago at Talamati. The S126 is normally also not that bad but although driven that road already lot of times we only saw there once wild dogs and a lioness besides the normal suspects so we do normally prefer other roads whilst staying at Satara and today with the intolerable heat we already expected not to see much and we once again have been proved correct as today it was extreme quiet although I love to drive on that road and today it was the carmine bee eater road as nearly on each bush we passed at least one of them could be spotted.

Nearly halfway a younger lone elephant bull came across who looked to us a bit young to stroll around without his herd but obviously he feel great to be alone as he just had a refreshing bath somewhere and was now busy in feeding and not at all shy an very self-confident and it looked like he was already knowing what he was doing and wanted to do

on top he was totally cute and extreme charming – in a nutshell: a character!

We stayed quite a while with him because he was so relaxed and funny to watch. Later on lots of smaller birdies once again could be seen and now also the red-backed shrikes joined the Carmine bee eaters on the bushes out of which this lovely female stayed long enough for a quick snap!

Although also several males were also around we were not allowed to take a picture as they flew immediately away the second we stopped but this prinia gave us the permission

and so it carried nearly on until we reached Ximangwaneni – Carmines, red-backed shrikes, larks and so on. At the dam itself we parked at our favourable spot and enjoyed the silence if ever possible with hundreds of Egyptian goose around and involved in territorial fights and so it was a lot of air traffic caused by the goose.

Unfortunately not much else to see besides a grey heron a bit far away and moreover as it was meanwhile nearly midday the light remained for the rest of the day extreme harsh.

Nevertheless it was a nice change to the lot of driving we did the previous days and only the heat finally chased us away from this lovely spot as there was nowhere shade to be found.

to be continued with our last afternoon drive at Satara at least for this year.....

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:59 pm 

FAC Member (2013)
Pumbaa

Absolutely lovely impies they remain cute.. :cam: :clap: :clap:

Young Ellie filled with character must have been a treat to watch. :thumbs_up:

Even with the heat the feathered friends did not disappoint with stunning :cam: of all. :clap: :clap:

The water must have looked so inviting...must have felt like swimming with the Egyptian Geese. :wink:

Thanks for sharing :popcorn: :popcorn:

Kruger May/June 2014
Mokala June 2014

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:11 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I've at long last managed to get to the end of your trip report. I think it took me about 6 hours spread over about 4 days.
Your photo's are just wonderful of all the creatures in Kruger and your narration suits every photo so well.
What a difference in seasons from when you were there to when we were there in August - your photo's have heaps of greenery while mine have heaps of brownery (I know that's not a proper word but it seems to describe the bush in Kruger in August.)
Thanks again for your wonderful TR :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:03 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Lovely birdies! :clap: :clap: :clap: Thankfully, when the heat strikes and all the animals go into hiding, the birdies are there to entertain us! :thumbs_up:

20-22 June - Tamboti
23-25 June - Shimuwini
26-29 June - Shingwedzi

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:17 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Beautiful Impies Pumbaa and Timon! Great shot of the BBJ too! :clap: :clap:

I love your variety of birds! Awesome and superbly captured, as usual! :dance: :dance:

Indeed a cute young Ellie you have found! So glad you could watch him for quite a while without fear of any danger! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 997 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 67  Next