Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 7 of 7
 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: From Augrabies... to Addo, october 2012
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:39 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Forumite of the Year & Travel Tale of the Year, Other Parks (2013)
Image signature de Michele

and even we found snow... in the montains, but snow :shock:
Image ... and rain

à suivre...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:07 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
It's cute :dance:
it goes around mom, dad is still watching it from some branches above, extends its wings, cleans some emerging feathers and mom make him some tickling :lol:

Again, I am fascinated by the flowers, it must be said that most of the plants we have in Europe, are native to South Africa that we can grow them ... mmm ... until nearly a meter, but beyond that ... it has trouble. I hold a Bougainvillea for over 10 years, and although it measures, :hmz: 60 cm tall and I have to put it inside in winter ... it does not support... minus 10 ° and maybe/often 15 ° :shock:

Image :lol:

Image and sleep again :doh:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
And all has an end, I have to prepare my luggage, return is imminent, after 5 weeks in South Africa, it is not obvious to return... inside in winter (read Europe), snow, short days, cold and even very cold :shock:

Michele makes me a fabulous proposal leave some business in Cape Town, and bring them to Twee Rivieren during their next trip :dance:

This is how a bag and a "kitchen" ... are waiting for me in the desert :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I will not need to buy everything for the kitchen and I will be able to carry ... ? ... for my guests. With 20 kg baggage allowance is very easy to exceeded :evil:

Thank you Michele :clap: :clap: :clap:
I've already found a few kg to put in the suitcase :tongue: :lol:

THE END

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:57 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Wow anne-marie you did well with this trip report..it has been mammoth task. And what an awesome time we had....Augrabies, Namaqualand, Wilderness and Addo...with a whole pile of places thrown in inbetween ...4000km in less than two weeks. :thumbs_up: Ah and the rain...that added some excitement to it !!! I did get the kombi stuck in some mud in Addo ...but yes I managed to get us out of it as well. We almost a had a big wet disaster at the end of our trip though...the accommodation we had booked in Calitzdorp neglected to tell me it was up and over a perilous when wet mountain pass ( actually 2). It was at the bottom of the first one that I decided to turn around. Again I followed my gut feeling...it was the worst bit of mountain pass I had ever driven over. A fully laden kombi( yes we had shopped up a storm along the way :shock: ) slipping and sliding on a very narrow ledger (supposed to be a road) with a sheer drop is not my idea of fun. Anyway we got back to Calitzdorp, found alternative accommodation before a almighty thunderstorm hit. The owner told me the next morning that I had made the right decision to turn around the evening before....he said after that storm hit we would not have made it out at all in the morning. So a pleasant night was had.....Scouter and Anne-marie cooked up a delicious dinner and I saw to it that we had some medicine to restore our nerves...

As Anne-marie mentioned we stopped off at various places on the way home and some how or other I cannot find those photos :evil: ....but we had decided they were not really for the forum anyway. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :)

I think Doug was pleased to see his kombi back home in one piece...and he said something about me running out of places to take Anne-marie to on her visits. I just laughed....he should know me by now !!!!!! :thumbs_up:

:) :) :) :) :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7