Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 2 of 2
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Three weeks in Paradise!!!! What awaits us ?
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Location: Not to far to drive bet yet to close to fly. Roodepoort
Day Six Road Block

So up early again the Friday we decided to make route towards Skukz again and back

But that did not happen

We get to the gate and find that there is a few cars waiting to enter the park, Why is everyone standing still Out the car I get and what’s this .For those who don't know yet they are busy renovating the Pkop gate entrance so only a narrow space is available to enter or go out. As I get close walking towards the gate I realized that a Auntie tried to get across the bridge entrance but to close to the edge of it. By inspecting the situation I see that the complete left side of the car is flat on its belly on the bridge and the wheels in the air so we gather a team collecting rocks and tar poles placing it underneath the left side till it reaches the wheels of the car. We eventually got the car to move But another problem We can’t move the car backwards because the gate entrance is so narrow. Off goes the team again and start collecting rocks and poles again placing it in front of the car .I then get in the car moving it slowly forward and of the heap of rocks and poles onto the road and whala The auntie thanked us all sincerely and went off on her drive 2hours later As for the local staff at Pkop I also thanked them because without their willingness We would have not been able to move that car and would have spoiled a lot of peoples day in the park :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is what we saw when I got to the gate

I went back to camp and went for a another shower seeing that I now also had my exercise in for my holiday break

viewtopic.php?style=2&f=27&t=62809

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Last trip Around PKOP

So after some excitement with the Aunties car that morning and a nice shower :rtm: We decided to rather stay at the camp and make a nice breakfast before heading out . And was that nice ....... This will be our last day around the south as we are heading up towards Letaba for a another week . I will just post the few highlights of the days drive :roll:

These guys on there throne PSSSST check out Superman :lol:

Long Necks can also camouflage

What you looking at? MY bum :whistle:

Lonely ooo I am so Lonely This guy was all by him self not another animal in sight Easy Target :whistle:

This guy was crying about something :k

Just love there silhouette e against the sky

And of course the birdies on our route

Beautiful Fish Eagle

Goliath Heron Puffing its feathers

Another First for me African Green Pigeon :dance:

Another Sun Bird ID pls

And getting back to camp we found this :shock: We were really worried seeing that our tents (NYLON) was only about 10m away from the fence But these guys new what they were doing :clap: :clap: :clap: Image

So after that fire I decided to start the fire Braai time :dance: :dance: So chopping up the wood that was bought in the shop This is what I find

We had a great braai and a few cold ones Few seeing that this was our last day in camp, We had some great chats with some of the neighbors in camp and sharing sightings of the day (Week)

So next installment is our trip towards Letaba

TBC

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:59 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:shock: A long drive with a great scare !!!!!! :shock:

Up early the morning with this beautiful view... sending us a wave goodbye from Pkop .

I stayed on the Tar road all the way to olifants were we had to take a detour on the gravel road towards Letaba

This is what we saw Exp for the ellies that almost thru my car and trailer over because of some IDIOTS with Landies mocking a big Herd right next to the road So no pictures as I was really trying to keep my composure and temper for the risk of my family safety .

Her is the Story I told PetraJ on her TR

I had a narrow escape two weeks ago in KNP on the H1-2 between Skuks and Tshokwane But no pictures :big_eyes: :big_eyes:

As I was moving from Pkop to Letaba I had a 6ft trailer that was realy packed to its limit . So I see two land cruisers next to the road and start slowing down as we get closer I realized it was a breading herd of Ellies all a round us .The guy in the landie in-front started pushing a ellie to move out of the road when the ellie decided he is not going to have any of this and started mock charging Now we all know reversing a trailer is not that easy As I was backing of and then only realized that I am now right in the path of some more ellies now this is when you start sweating and everyone in the car starts to get exited :shock: The cruiser still trying to get pass the ellie in front then realized he needs to back up and that is when I showed him the brights of my car so he can realize we are STUCK there is a better word to describe this situation ....... He then moved to the right of the road where the ellie was now on the left I saw the gap and just put foot down to get out of the situation as I passed the big guy I just saw him miss my trailer in the rear view mirror sheeeewwwwweeee after that I stopped at Tshokwane and stayed there for about a Half hour just to get the nerves back and with our luck as we pull out of the picnic spot what :big_eyes: Road block another herd of ellies crossing the road but I sure kept my distance this time .... :tongue:

This guy did not what to show us his face

Juvenile Hornbill with its mommy just love the sounds they make

Beautiful Starling just the correct light

This grounded Horn bill :tongue:

Black Heron I think

This one the SO capture so nicely Mongoose

This close to the Mazithi dam Just classic Check the ladies ignoring the men :shock:

ELIES :shock:

Get away this is my turf He chanced this guy for quite some time

As we came close to Ngotse I saw this big herd of ellies coming to have a drink Can you see all the little ones

And this is why GET A ROOM :roll:

This guy getting to work next to the road

What YOU looking at cant you see I can handle IT Grumpy guy checking us out :pray:

This guy lazing away in the winter sun

And the another highlight for us as we have only seen them ones before about 4 years ago in kruger this was about 5km before camp :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

And then it was in to the camp

At reception we waited quite a while seeing that it was late already and a lot of people were checking in.

As we all were standing around waiting to get our forms done A auntie and her daughter storms into the Reception Demanding they want to see the camp manager :shock:

And really not letting anyone have word screaming at the receptionist to get hold of him right away.
In comes this oomie all relaxed and asked the ladies whats wrong.................... And the aunty reply's Why aint the damn TV not working in the TV room :big_eyes: We want to watch the Rugby and the TV aint working REAL Now I am a big fan of Rugby but this was really the pits. I will not mention from where she was but they were playing against the Springboks that day and I dint even watch the game But hey you must get some fanatics

Ok so we set up camp till late that evening and had a good rest :thumbs_up:

TBC

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

MOPANI TREES AND ELLIES

We were up early after a struggled to get the tent pitched up at night ,Not the best Idea When we returned from our drive .I then realized I had to make some modifications to our camping area....... We then Realized we were so close to the laundry and the people in camp doesn't matter what time it is when they switch those machines on at 04h00 in the morning Really :shock:

We were out early the morning and what beautiful weather it was compare to Pkop shorts plakies and Tshirt now that is mos the way to enjoy the park comfortable :roll: We had so nice sighting .. We took the S131 turned right on it passed Jumbo water hole an to the H14 H1-6 stopped at Makhadzi and back to camp.
I must mention that I really think the S131 is in serous need of some scraping or maintenance that is really one of the worst roads I have drive Animal can hear you from a mile away

First ones on route BIG and small

This took a few picture before I could get this one the sun was still rising

And then some early morning stand off And who won Not the Big boy the Buffy sure stood his ground .And he just move d on

These fluffy ones

A Black horse Just beautiful I these stripes were any closer he surely would have been black

Splish splash I was taking a bath What a gentle giant this guy was

Breakfast time

Don't ask me how I'm still trying to figure it out (Glare)

ID please

High up in the tree I heard this guy calling what an amazing sound so close to you

These guys sure look darker up north

These bobjaankies getting there daily exercise

What a beautiful sight

I can believe ho many Giraffes are around this area we must have seen at least 30 this day . I was not complaining seeing that the little ranger love them so much they are called (Karelkies)

And then it was back at camp where the little one kept her self busy with what she could find

After modifying our camping are we were set for another week

What will await us in Letaba :shock:

TBC

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hallo all thanks for sticking around

A hallo from a very cold and snowy Johannesburg

Lucky this was not the case when we were in KNP

I will just post pictures today just to get this TR going Hope you all enjoy Day 2 in Letaba area

So Here goes the Little rangers new friend for the next week we had to go and look for this lady every morning before we left camp :big_eyes:

First sighting outside the camp

A cast away on his Ireland

Hippos taking in the morning sun

Another fish eagle

Martial Eagle not wanting to show its face

The sky filled with Vultures

Some sadelbils

Impies crossing the road

A Tirpie

As I took this picture I could Only imagine someones face on this forum that truly loves these birdie Just for you Heksie ?Andrie :k

A Duifie

And these guys was spotted at the entrance of the camp

I will get into this TR wit a bit more passion soon just need this period of complete madness to slow down in the concrete jungle Hope you all enjoy and keep warm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2