Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 2 of 8
 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Counting the days
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good morning everyone :D

DAY 72

Roan and Eric enjoying kruger....

Playing a card game in Tamboti

When I look at this photo, I wish I was there... When the fire was lit, the kids took the cards and started playing. Eric looked at the riverbed to see if something is moving, Roan shuffling the cards and So and I was sitting next to the fire enjoying the peacefulness.

The kids ran through the sprinklers at Crocodile bridge a few years ago. I was filming them when Roan asked what the board on the fence meant. So he wanted me to take a picture, for him to show at his school and tell the kids that they are not suppose to feed wild animals :lol:

Roan and Eric begged me to buy them a Djembe at Afsaal. After they played a bit on them, I'm glad I didn't :wink:

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good morning all :dance:

DAY 71

Nothing is more fun, than spending time in kruger with family. A few times we've been arranging a family get together.

This picture was taken in March this year. We were at the Cricket@Skukuza weekend and met up with a couple of family members and friends at Nkulu for breakfast.
From left to right: Geo of cor (geocor's SO), geocor's LO, Gompou (family friend), PetraJ (sister), Scipio (PetraJ SO), Dan, Catmatix, Geocor's son, roaneric and Geocor.

******************************************************************************************

This one was taken just outside kruger. My sister PetraJ and Skipio was in Phalaborwa and we had a quick visit with them while staying in Letaba
From left to right: Scipio, PetraJ, PetraJ's 2 boys, Philip (roaneric SO), Me, Eric and Roan

******************************************************************************************

In October 2010 (almost) the whole family gathered at Mlodozi picnic spot for breakfast. 3 of my sisters (Sonni, Elkos, geocor) with their families, my parents and nephews (Gerharddb and pardus1029). Everyone except PetraJ. :( We were in total 17 family members there.

Meandering mouse joined us and well, and fell right in with the family.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:50 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a very nice Sunday :D

DAY 70

BRAAIVLEIS TIME. Making the fire is one of the highlights of the day. Sitting next to it, enjoying the surroundings with an Ice cold drink in your hand.

This was the view we had at Olifants. We were in bungalow 18 and had a fantastic view of the river.

This was our view at Biyamiti. This was one of our favorite spots.

This picture was taken in March 2012. We were in one of the Riverview tents in Lower Sabie. While our fire was going strong, a huge breading herd of Elephants walked right in front of our tent. It was one of those amazing experiences you will never forget

This was taken on our first visit to Sirheni. We had a fantastic view of the river with the bbq right next to the fence.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:08 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 69

Some random pics again today...

This little bushbuck was so peaceful at Letaba. She allowed me to photograph her for as long as I wished. So kind of her. :lol:

Amazing how big these birds are. We saw these 2 last year near Olifants

I just can't get enough of Sunsets. They are surely the most beautiful sunsets in the whole world

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:49 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 68

This little dwarf mongooses was part of a whole family who entertained us every day at Olifants camp. They had a home right in front of our bungalow.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:09 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 67

Today I'm posting pics of Roan Enjoying Kruger

Enjoying the view at Mopani rest camp.

at the Orpen Dam viewpoint early morning

Drinking a ice cold milkshake at Letaba rest camp

Roan practicing his new hobby. He just loves to photograph everything. And this Ellie posed perfectly.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:43 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 66

HI HI HIPPOS

I adore hippos. They are the best swimmers and I have to admit, on a hot day I am very jealous of them. :mrgreen: I love the noises they make and makes me look for them every time I hear that.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:39 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 65

Eric enjoying kruger

When Eric was little, he used to chase away the monkeys and birds. This picture was taken at Nkulu. The monkeys were a handful during breakfast. So Eric took care of that.

When your army needs cover, then you have to make a plan. Search for some supplies in your surroundings and build something. a Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Searching for those lions

This was our last trip to kruger in August. He just got his first HD video recorder and he was making his first wildlife movie.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 64

CHEETAH'S

I have to say we are very lucky with our cheetah sightings. We've seen them almost every visit. Here is a few pics of our best sightings

In 2009 we saw this cheetahs just 2km from Lower Sabie. We were the first on the scene and they were posing so beautiful for us. When we stopped they moved off into the bushes. It looked like they were hunting. PetraJ just arrived a minute or 2 behind us, and they just got a glimpse of them. It shows that Timing is everything in Kruger.

On our way out of Kruger in March 2012, my friend 'Kwikstertjie' yelled STOP all of a sudden. We were on an uneventful road and she was staring out of her window when all of a sudden she saw these 2 on the rocks. We watched them as they climbed down and crossed the road right in front of us. We were over the moon....

This picture was also taken in March. We were at the sunset dam. Everyone was parked on the left hand side (near the hippos) so I parked the car on the far right hand side of the dam. I was admiring a kingfisher when a movement behind him in the bushes caught my attention. This beautiful cheetah walked towards the road. No one saw this but us, and as I followed the cheetah in the direction of where I thought he would cross the road, I signaled everyone to follow me. It was just too good of a sighting to see alone. Some people got the hint and raced towards us, but others looked at us with a ? mark on their faces. Well they soon found out why I flashed my lights at them. He was walking in the road for about 5 minutes before he disappeared between the reeds in the riverbed.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 63

CRICKET@SKUKUZA 2011

It was quite a cheerful and friendly bunch who came to support the angels and northern devils at their game.

The bloggers who kept everyone at home up to date.

The Angels Team. Tired but satisfied. We lost, but we've done better than last year.

The Orange Angels (Bert and Rein) entertained us with a little dance. The evening was great fun!

Angels (babe1 and Cheetera) and Kgalagadi boys raising some more money for sanparks. They collected R1100 with this collection :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyone Image

Day 62

I don't like spiders, but they are interesting. This spider was at the Skukuza cricket fields. Just love the colors.

On a sunset drive at Lower Sabie a few years ago, the guide told us that these little spiders are just like wild dogs. Hundreds of them live in this web, and when something fly in (even as big as a bird) they all attack it together and eat it while it's still alive. :shock:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyoneImage

Day 61

In May 2009 we stayed in Biyamiti for the first time. We checked in and I hurried to our bungalow because I desperately needed the toilet. So I hurried inside our bungalow and just as I wanted to sit down I got quite a fright. There was a ‘rat’ IN the toilet, and being terrified of rats, I ran outside to get some help. The neighbour was the closest by and ran inside to see what the fuss is all about. He came out with a squirrel. (not a rat) The poor thing. It looked dead, not moving at all. So he putted it outside on the pavement. As the kids and I looked at her for a while, I noticed she started breathing.

I quickly got a towel to warm her up and the neighbour got a hair dryer. She was as cold as Ice so we had to warm her up. I thought that if she survives, she might have brain damage. And then suddenly she started screaming… poor thing, so much water in your lungs must hurt.

I covert her in a dry towel and putted her in the sun. After about an hour she began curling herself up and slept like a baby. I checked on her every now and then. After about 3 hours, Philip went to have a look. He lifted the towel....she got up.... looked around and sprinted into the bushes. She didn’t waggle at all and I was so grateful to know she'll be OK.

It was an exiting morning. We saw some squirrels later that day and early the next morning, and we wondered if it might be 'our' squirrel. Guess we'll never know.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyoneImage

Day 60

Some random pics again today.

The best pie in Kruger. The famous Buffalo pie at Nkulu.

This kudu cow posed perfectly for me. Isn't she beautiful?

Eric playing in the sand again at Biyamiti. He just loves the sand.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:31 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day MitesImage

Day 59

I love dragonflies. I took this picture at the little dam in front of the Skukuza reception/bank.

Roan took this picture at the swimming pool in Berg & Dal one night when we went for a swim.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:24 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Good day everyoneImage

Day 58

Today I'm posting 3 of Roan's pictures. He went on a drive with his uncle and aunt one afternoon and they came across this mom and baby. I just LOVE these pictures. He sure has an eye for photography.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next