Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: UKWAZI The "CLAN" is heading back to Kruger March 2012
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:43 am 

OK, this was a quick decision...
It is Saturday 9am and we just decided that it's time for Kruger once again!!!
Bad timing because its school hollidays but yet we managed to get a reservation and the plan is to leave in 3 hours time...you can imagine the rush to get everything packed, the car washed and the kids loaded with ALL their goodies.

What's making this trip so exciting is that its only going to be us...my wife (the 'manager' of the clan as its in her second nature to complaint about everything and the worst is that she's definately not a morning person so there will be a fight every morning to get out of camp at gate opening time :wall: ), 5 yrs old daughter (the queen of the clan) and my little boy going for his first time to Kruger (he is wilder than the wild and I'm really not sure how the park will respond to having him in the area), well and then its me (all I want to do is do what mites do when in the park).

The plan is...tonight at Skukuza, tomorrow in Phalaborwa, the day after up to Shingwedzi and then for the last night all the way down to Berg en Dal.

So, if you're in the park and you notice a Nissan (...with yellow ribbon) with a complaining old woman shouting at her husband, a young blonde hanging out of the window with a silver crown on the head singing the latest version of a Juanita du Plessis song with a very, very high pitched voice and a crazy 2 yrs old boy breaking the car down...well that will be us. And for those mites at home, I'm taking my computer with and will upload :cam: and highlights on a daily basis if you would like to follow us on our journey...

Post subject: Re: The "CLAN" is heading back to Kruger
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:01 pm 

Hey everybody...
In Kruger? Yes we arrived...FINALLY!!!!
Yesterday was a day that can only be classified as HECTIC...we left Benoni at 13:00 with the plan to enter the park via Malelane, BUT it wasnt to be because we encountered our first obstacle along the way exactly after 8km on the highway...a MAJOR traffic jam...from there things went relatively smoothly and the highlight further down into the Lowveld was indeed the trout-sandwich we bought at Milly's. By the time we got to Nelspruit we had to change the travelling plans to enter the park through Numbi Gate.

FIRST NIGHT @ PRETORIUSKOP (or the queens version of the name "Skoppepretoria").........awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
We had the most amazing braai followed by a walk though camp along the fence before bed-time which brought up various hair raising experiences for the kids.

Needless to say, our morning began with an absolute root awakening and a reminder of the HUGE, and I mean HUUUUGE primate problem currently at Pretoriuskop with the baboons and vervets making the camp their own and even staying in camp with NOOOO crises control plan from management's side :hmz:

The journey all the way up to Phalaborwa then began and the sightings was just unreal!!!! I will post some :cam: tommorow and in the same light would like to ask permission to post some Rhino pics that :whistle: I took 2 years ago in the mathlabane area on the S34564 :rtm: :naughty: :dance: (PLEASE ADVICE)

NOTE: Sorry for the short update today but be sure to check in tommorow for some crazy and entertaining stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!

The CLAN

Post subject: Re: The "CLAN" is heading back to Kruger
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:45 pm 

Hey everybody...
Sorry for the delay in updates BUT due to unforseen circumstances which I will explain later in my TR I could only get to my computer today...
WHAT A WONDERFULL TIME WE HAD SO FAR IN THE PARK!!!!!!!!

First of all, please allow me to introduce the 'clan' to you...
Crossing the Tropic of Capricorn just North of Mopani with a 'princess at the back', difficult but pleasant female next to me busy taming the 'wild one'...

We were heading North with our final destination being Shingwedzi, BUT before all of this the poor clan had to fit in with daddies schedule of work combined with a relaxing holiday, needless to say, this did not go down smoothly...

Boeta fell down the toilet at Pretoriuskop...

Daddy made an error with the booking so we ALL had to share a Double Bed!!!!!1

NEVER wake little boys up at 5 in the mornings, EVERY MORNING!!!

Well, back to our trip up North...
Sightings were unusually quiet BUT as always the unforgettable highlights were ever so present...
The most awesome Rhino sighting...which I decided to open a new thread for under the sightings heading...obviously with no details attached!!!! GO AND CHECK IT OUT, IT'S A TRIBUTE TO KRUGER RHINOS INDEED!!!!

As we approached the dry Shingwedzi River we were greeted by this ever so familiar sight...

Then this...

And just before camp...

The reason why we like Shingwedzi so much is because it's always a BLAST for the kids, thanks to Christiaan and co from Nelspruit for keeping the energetic young minds occupied :clap:

From there it was back to phalaborwa and today we made our way into the park for a breakfast at Olifants and just before we got to letaba we found this guy..

Sad to say, INJURED!!!

This is what it's all about, exposing your children...

And the highlight of the day...

OK, the plan changed...AND THIS IS THE REASON WHY I LIKE MY JOB SOOOO MUCH!!!

SADLY, on short notice and due to work the clan will be leaving the Lowveld tomorrow morning and I will stay behind to take care of some business in the Southern part of the park. So, if you see a lonely sole driving around with bino'sand a camera it's me!!!

Untill tomorrow...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]