Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Baffers 7 days and 6 nights in Kruger... Dec 2010
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:12 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hey guys... Went to Kruger just before Christams for a bit of a crashcourse last minute camping holiday.

Apologies if the photo's are not tagged with exact locations for all of them but our trip went from Letaba to Tamboti, back to Letaba. Then to Skukuza and then to Crock Bridge for the last nite.

Here are some of the nicer photo's...

Woodlands Kingfisher at Nkulu Picnic Spot. Kudo's to Dylan for this one. Not bad for 10 year old who snuck of with my camera...

Just outside Skukuza we found these guys... Unfortunately as it always works it was 5 minutes before gate closing time with 4 km to go. fortunately the gate was "unmanned" ten minutes after closing time ;)

Just outside Letabe Restcamp I found this guy. He stood nice and still for some great shots.

Thats it for now folks... I will add some more once we can turn the page ;)

Post subject: Re: 7 days and 6 nights in Kruger...
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hehe cool :)

Next morning we went out and found the same pack of doggies :)

Of course The sunset at Skukuza was amazing. Happens to be on the longest day of the year as well...

We managed to get a good picture of this fellow at Sunset Dam

As most people that were i the park might have seen there were HUGE swarms (I know its actually flocks of birds) but these were swarms of finches. This Cori Bustard would go nuts every time the finches went overhead.

By December 25 the hooligan season started. Sorry to say but it was mostly staff and staff family that drove like maniacs. We parked slap bang in the middle of the road untill this fellow crossed as we saw many tortoises and chameleons run over by people traveling at least 90km / hour. It pushed up the blood pressure a fair bit.

We stopped for a picnic at Timbavati picnic spot and this well camoflaged (sic) girl was sitting on a tree.

Sorry for the quick posts but back at work and the inbox is fuller than you can imagine.,,

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]