Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: kallis1786-A beautiful day in Paradise-Dec 2010
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:20 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone, I am Mohammed Sheth and I will tell you a story of a beautiful day of paradise in South Africa's Kruger National Park, north area, from Punda Maria to Kanniedood dam, and back all in days visit, This was my best day in South Africa's Kruger National Park after visiting the park every week, and loads of overnight stays, but this trip stands out for m. My story will begin shortly, so be prepared for the thrill of South Africa's Paradise, THE KRUGER NATIONAL PARK

Post subject: Re: A beautiful day in Paradise
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:29 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

One beautiful Sat night during a Barbeque, my dad decided to go Kruger the next day, and as always when it comes to going to Kruger I am ovar excited, and as always my mom, and my sis not liking Kruger said they wont be coming, so me, my dad, my uncle and my friend decided it will be the 4 of us to go to the Kruger National Park. I put the camera's for charging, and had a sleepless night, as every other sat night to go Kruger. We were up by 3:30 am early morning, and we all had a shower and got the car ready, and made sure the water level and everything was ok, we left home around 5am to reach the gate for 6 before it opens. We were at the gate at around 5:50, with having 10 mins to spare we all decided to look through the fence just in case we get to see an animal. Our car was the first to enter the park. but this trip was unusual, as when we enterd, we could not see any animals, and just had a quite morning, and than we went into thulamela loop and we went into the loop in the hope to see some buff or ellies, because we never had a trip in Kruger before that in that loop where we did not see anything, and than we decided to go to mahooni loop, and saw nothing, not even a bird, and we were like have all the animals migrated from this area, and we were all quite upset not seeing anything, not even an impala. than we saw a car, and the driver told us that there were 2 lionss on the road further down the mahooni loop, and we all got our hopes up, and he also warned us about the cheeky elephant on the way to the Lions, so we met the cheeky elephant who was quite upset with us being there, that got us really happy because we did not see anything yet, so the elephant got our hopes up and we all got excited with the elephant, and than what we've all been waiting for, Lionss, on the road in Kruger. and we were with them for about 1 hour and than they dissappeard in the bush and than our luck changed for the day.

Stay tuned in for more in

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:57 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Than after the lions dissapeared we decided to go back to thulamela loop, just incase the lionss are gone have a drink of water, but when we reached there, there was no lion in sight but there were buffs in the waterhole

Stayed with the buff for abit and than we went to Punda Maria camp for Breakfast, and shared our sightings with a few people, than we decided to sat off for Shingwedzi camp. on our way to Shingwedzi camp we saw some impala's and zebra's

but all of a sudden I rememberd that we havent seen an elephant yet and than just as I was thinking about it we saw an elephant

after the elephant, we didnt see anything for a while and decided to take my fav loop in Kruger the Mpholongolo Loop, and the loop was quite but than all of a sudden something I have never seen before.

stay tuned in for more

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:37 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

The next thing I saw was elephants but in such a way, I have never seen such a sighting with elephants before, its like a baby was sleeping in the middle of the heard with all the adults around the elephant, there were soo many elephants blocking the road and there were loads more in the surrounding bush, its like all the elephants from the area all in one place, that is mphongolo loop, here are the pics

the baby sleeping in the middle

The elephants did not move, we were there for an hour, but at the end we had to take a u turn and take the main road to shingwedzi, but the ellies got us really excited, and never seeing such behaviouir with elephants before, we were all really excited. Now we had a quite drive to shingwedzi with no sightings besides a nyala

but in the shing wedzi area everything changed and had a beautiful impala, elephant and baboon sightings on the low bridge in shingwedzi

Stay tuned on for more, for what does the afternoon have in hold for us, down the kanniedood dam, and back to Punda.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:36 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Now time for the afternoon, on our drive to Kanniedood Dam, so we started of our drive with lots of crocs sightings to the dam, and one or 2 eliie sightings.
than we went to Kanniedood dam bird hide, and we saw something very interesting, and that is
we always wanted to see a giraffe drinking water, but never saw a girrafe drinking water before, so we were quite excited.

stay tuned in for the drive back to Punda Maria Gate

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:35 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi and sorry people for the long wait, because my uncle had a baby girl, so just was busy with that.

The afternoon drive started back with this tusker, and just as we got out of the hide this tusker crossed the road

than we went back to shingwedzi camp to get some cold drinks for the drive back. we saw loads of elephants on our way back and here are a few pictures

after that we curried on the main road this time and all of a sudden a leopard crossed the road but unfortunatly could not take pictures because by the time I turned the camera on the leopard was in the bush, and we could hardly figure out the leopard, and we moved furthur on and saw rhino's, but the rhino's in the north are really shy, and they quickly hid behind a huge bush, and we could not see them, than was a quite afternoon with more eliies and impala sighting, and than before leaving the park we decided to go to mahooni loop, maybe the lions are out for the evening but no lions, just buffalo's

and than saw this bird

and end of a perfect day in Kruger National Park

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]