Skip to Content

Massimo Romance in Kruger Dec 2010

Tell us about your breathtaking experiences in the parks

Moderator: hilda

Massimo

Massimo Romance in Kruger Dec 2010

Unread postby Massimo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 am

Good day to you all!

So i have been counting down the sleeps and now im done to 10 sleeps till i will be heading off to Kruger! This will be my third trip to Kruger but one that will never be forgotten. I had booked 4 nights at Lower Sabie and 2 nights at pretoriskop. ( I booked it in Feb ,i think :hmz: , so had no plans in mind just Kruger). But as the months went on i decided take the next step and propose to my lovely lady!

I have been with my lady for close to 4 and a half years and now its time to take it to the next step.
I found out the other day that she thought i was going to propose to her the last time we came down (we stayed at Kruger Park Lodge) but i knew she knew so i did not do it.

So i got moving and decided to get the ring (busy getting made and should be ready next week). And then i looked for a nice lodge to propose! Had a look at Sabie Sands but WOW :big_eyes: they are so expensive. So i kept looking and found a place at Mjejane River Lodge. But the only dates they had are the 15Dec 2010 so that means i have to cancel my reservation at Pretoriskop. So i did it and will be doing 4 nights at Lower Sabie and then 3 nights at Mjejane (which if im not mistaken is still in Kruger :dance: :dance: )

I have also just purchased new camera gear so i hope to get some good photos and will post them when we get back.

Let me here what you guys think i should propose! I do have a plan in mind but would like to hear your opinion.

:thumbs_up: enjoy your day
Canon 5D MK III :) :), Canon 7D , Canon 450D | Canon 400 F5.6 L | Canon 70-200 F2.8 L IS|Sigma 10-200 EX DG OS F4-5.6 & goodies :)
Runner up wildlife photographer of the year 2012-sunday times & winner-Canon S.A. reflection category

Massimo

Re: Romance in Kruger

Unread postby Massimo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Well guys im back in the busy land of jhb after a wonder 7 days in the Kruger national park!

First i would like to say that all plans went well and the night in which i proposed turned out better then i had planned! and the best ending was when she said "YES" :dance: :dance: :dance:

For the trip well it was a great trip seeing lots of animals.

We saw the following

Lion : 4 different prides
Cheetah : 2 brothers (1 sitting in a tree)
Leopard : 1 with 2 cubs
Wild dog: daily
Elephants : Lots (including Duke but was stupid and did not get a full picture of him)
Buffs : lots :mrgreen:
Wild cat: 1
Civet : 1
Porcupine : 2
Birds: Many (including grounded horn bills with an interesting creature in its beak)
hyena: 1

So overall it was a great trip filled with great moments and some very funny moments. Which i will tell you all on the way! So stay glued to your computers, The trip will begin soon!!
:thumbs_up:
Canon 5D MK III :) :), Canon 7D , Canon 450D | Canon 400 F5.6 L | Canon 70-200 F2.8 L IS|Sigma 10-200 EX DG OS F4-5.6 & goodies :)
Runner up wildlife photographer of the year 2012-sunday times & winner-Canon S.A. reflection category

Return to “Travel Tales”