Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Baffers One of THOSE weekends Nov 2010
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:56 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Hi guys..

So Knibbles and myself and the Dylanman with friend Norbit in tow decided to do a last minute camping at Crocodile Bridge weekend.

Poor Norbit has never been camping and was in Kruger in some Grade R daytrip last.
Fortunately it so happened that Norbit spots EVERYTHING.

Within the first two hours of entering Malelane gate we had seen everything accept for leopard and Lion. Unfortunately not to much in the spectacular photographing sections but non the less.

We entered at Malelane on Saturday at about 13h00 and turned right on the sand road to Croc Bridge. Got to see some very nice sightings including these two rhino's.

Once we reached Croc Bridge we set up tent in humidity that can only be described as "close to jumping in the pool"...

We set of for the afternoon drive with frikkadelle and coctail sausage rolls in tow heading up toward Lower Sabie.

Then we came across this...

Then after sitting around very nice and quiet for at least 3 minutes and posing for a series of about 60 pictures mom called...

and baby listened...

It was amazing. and so obliging to just sit there and have his picture taken. He doesnt seem very bothered by humans and cars as he went sniffing the cars weel before going to mom.

Needless to say that alrady made our weekend. We saw almost everything but not in very photo taking opportunity situtations. even had a leopard chase some impala across the road near Lower Sabie but it was to quick even think fo a camera...

Of course it's baby time...

This one in particular was adorable...

getting scared...

And then rather clinging to mom with all you got to cling on with...

Post subject: Re: One of THOSE weekends...
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:14 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The little baby vervet then decided that it's time to drink. And the milk was so nice that he promptly fell asleep while drinking..

Being thsi time fo they year and having had good rains of course there is LOTS of Dungbeatles. Lots of competition for the best peice of manure ;)

It was really an awesome day in the park.

We exited at Phabemi gate but before we got there (actually about 17 km from Skukuza on teh Phabemi road we spotted this one. I think it is ThandaMamba. One of the emerging tuskers.

It was a bit far so the pic isnt all that clear.

Perhaps one of the tuskers guys can help me out here.. At first I thought it was Nwashinanganana but the right tusk is not bent enough.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]