Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mfubu-melting in KNP-Nov 2010
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:32 pm 

Location: being a gypsy exploring limpopo, mpumalanga and nelspruit
well lucky me to be back in KNP. tuesday spent the night at berg en dal and literally slept underneath the stars....absolutely awesome. woke up really early to go to guriyongo (excuse the spelling) and was very lucky to see 2 black rhino. got to mz and realised i was somewot hot and bothered but boy wot an amazing sunset. am back in knp today and at skukuza. sitting testing my mattress out making sure it was inflated enough..wot do i see out of tent window...a bushbaby doind a tightrope walker imitation across the fence. then sitting here in the dark right next to the fence i hear movement. i shime my torch and sure as bob the hyaenas have started their nightly circle of the camp. i cant wait to fall asleep to the sounds of the bush. all in all our sightings have been incredible. i have seen the babiest of elephants and some real small hyaena pups. i have been reminded of why i love it here. thank goodness for the pools because without them i do believe i wouldve melted by now.

Post subject: back in the bush
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:30 pm 

wot a welcome...europran bee eater...rhino, leopard and elephant all in the first 20min....and the smell of potatoe bush from my tent......pure pure heaven

Post subject: wild dogs, wild dogs, wild dogs
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:38 am 

ooooo, im so so excited....just seen the best of the best....2 adults and 7 pupies....life couldnt get any better

Post subject: Re: wild dogs
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 am 

07h30 this morning 11km outside skukuza on skukuza berg en dal road.... wicked awesome day viewing

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:40 am 

unfortunaetly my neighbour didnt have pupies...... they were the real thing....i am still on a high from seeing them

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:47 pm 

I certainly do have pics... hehehehe my camera battery went flat I took so many. I just have to upload them onto pc, or can I do it from my phone. I have to share with everyone... I am still so excited by my lucky viewing.. 45 minutes with them all to myself. Will put pics up as soon as i have figured how to do that.

:lol: :lol: : :D :D :D :D :D ) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:02 pm 

OMG!!!!! we have just seen another 10 dogs and they were playing around our car.....this is seriously one of my most exciting days ever!!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:38 pm 

i will i will. ive got mostly wild dog pics on phone and camera. i have to charge camera so i can take pics tomorrow....you never know wot ill see. warm fuzzy wild dog feeling. my prayers were certainly answered with this brilliant day of wild dog sightings. im in wild dog shock

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm 

1km outside berg en dal. i swear i am so excited i still dont know wot to do with myself....who wants to count sheep when one can count wild dogs while falling asleep. they are just my favorite animal in the whole world and to see them so brilliantly twice in one day overwhelms me. we were literally surrounded by them and to hear their yips so close and so clearly.... WOW WOW WOW....im truly truly overwhelmed

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:46 pm 

the best thing about them is they never stay in one place, they are always moving so noone ever really knows where they live.... even if i got told i could see dogs at this distance from there, i still never saw them. so where i saw them noone else will see them at those coordinates....thats wot makes them so much more special....their sneakiness

Post subject: MORE WILD DOGS
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:20 pm 

CAN I BE SO LUCKY....MORE WILD DOGS TODAY....WHAT A PERFECT DAY

Post subject: Re: MORE WILD DOGS
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:44 pm 

I tell you....I am in wild dog shock.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:41 am 

i am not home yet and no access to pc. i have a theory wild dogs are a good omen and my lucky charm, i finally got a job yestetday and my dogs came to celebrate with me, yesterday was the perfect day. soon ill be able to buy my own laptop and keep sending and updating all my sightings

Post subject: wild dogs wild dos wild dogs
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:23 pm 

ok so i am now totally in puppy heaven. saw them again today.....i am thinking that they find my very small little purple car quite fetching and hence they always say goodnight....i promise im not lying

Post subject: Re: wild dogs wild dos wild dogs
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:57 pm 

i am sure i could rent it out....hehehehe the purple car that is. i honestly cant quite get my head around these sightings.....as soon as i can ill post all pics....i reckon todays pics are the best. but this is a trip ill not forget in a hurry

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]