Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Nkulu-A Quickie-Oct 2010
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:56 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Nkulu: Boss I NEED to get to KNP, and Boss, seeing that my Kruger buddy (Lazyhorse) has just got married, I intend taking one of your other staff members with me (Now object if you have the courage) :twisted: Boss: Fine, I know that KNP always does wonders for you and improves productivity (sensible man ) :D

It was to be a quick break to recharge my batteries which were rather rundown, so please excuse the brief report as I now have to make up for lost time at work. :evil:

We left Centurion promptly at 11.30 am and travelled N4 Pretoria to Witbank, via Dullstroom to Lydenburg, Hoedspruit to Orpen Gate and entered the gate at 17.04 pm. No speeding, no fuss, just a pleasant trip The first animal we saw – a huge elephant bull in the car park at Orpen gate. Booked in without any fuss and proceded to Tamboti for our first night. No other camp makes me feel that “ I am home” like Tamboti. Settled in, lit the fire and poured the Amarula and sat back to listen and smell and enjoy. I insisted that the tent window all be open before we passed out so that I could really feel at home. Slept like a baby to be wakened at 4am by the resident Honeybadger at the dirtbin. We left camp promptly at 5.30 on our way to Lower Sabie where we were to spend the following two nights. Sightings were good, pitstop at Timbavati, and then on to Tsokwane for brekkies. Where a thief stole our eggs from under my friend’s arm.

Last edited by Nkulu on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A Quickie
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Mlondozi Picnic spot - We sat there for 3 hours on Saturday 9 October, had lunch, saw the White Rhino come for a drink, Elephants, zebra, Wildebees (Gnu), Impala, Waterbuck, Giraffe, Warthogs and more birds than I can mention
[IMG]http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l572/Petnel/October%202010/elliecrossing2.jpg[/IM

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:59 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

PetraJ - Yes, Mlondozi is my new favorite spot :)
WendyA - It was lovely meeting all the YR's , my new big yellow scarf says it pays to advertise :D
flying cheetah, Dabchick,Kamadejo and Elsa, thanks for the comments - Yes my boss is not too bad (but we won't tell him that :lol: )
Time to wake up

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:04 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Help, I need simple Simon instructions on how to post pictures from Photobucket :? I seem to be able to post only 1 at a time - :redface:
I need some more sleep - leave me alone!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]