Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oct 2010 visit to KNP
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:49 pm 

As always Kruger is full of suprises. We love Kruger and it is our sanctuary. That is the one place where your soul gets time to catch up with your body!
On 16 October we were fortunate to have an unlikely visitor under our bakkie. He felt so at home that he slept there for more than 2 hours.

Post subject: Re: Oct 2010 visit to KNP
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:55 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Vissie welcome to the forum I see we are from the same suburb. Does that look like a lion cub WOW :popcorn: :popcorn: waiting to hear more please.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:06 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

A warm welcome to the forum Vissie :lol: Oh how cute a little lion :clap: :clap: I bet the parents were watching it. :thumbs_up: :popcorn:

Kamadejo returns to KNP after 7 years
Balm for the Soul

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:28 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Location: South Africa, Mpumalanga, Middelburg....289km from KNP!!!
You know, :hmz: the more i look at that pic, the more it begins to look like a Leopard! :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:31 am 

We are campers. For me this is the only way to go to KNP. You experience the park in a different soul touching way. Our trip started on the 9th and we stayed at Tsentse. We survived 50° on 11th. We stayed for 5 nights and moved to Maroela for 3 nights. On our travel down we saw Jackal, Lion, Hyenas and plenty birds of prey. On 15th we spend the bulk of the day watching a lion kill just before Satara this was the best, first a buffalo herd chasing the lion and later in the afternoon Elephant chasing them. I felt sorry for these lions they had to persist to keep their food. On 16th we decided to travel down to Tsokwane half way between Satara and Tsokwane we saw cars gathering on a gravel road and decided to go and investigate. On our arrival we saw this leopard and decided to stay a while. After about 30 min he got restless, warm and clearly not happy. He got up and started walking towards our vehicle. (All this is on video) He was checking out the clearance 2 vehicles and picked mine. We feel quit honoured that he picked our Bakkie. A lot of onlookers passed and ask questions and the facial expressions ware gr8. But the best was the fact that about 6 vehicles stayed with us till he left (about 2h). I do not even know their names but we shared something special. I’ve received a few photos from 2 people and would like thank them. Please forward or publish if you have some.Image

Thank you for the photo's that I received it is posted on the internet:
http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd3 ... e1/201010/

Last edited by vissie on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Location: South Africa, Mpumalanga, Middelburg....289km from KNP!!!
I was right, it was a Leopard! :P :dance:

WOW :big_eyes: How lucky were you Vissie! :clap: :clap: :clap:

You had some fantastic sightings! :cam:

:popcorn:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]