Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: fleabean-First trip to South Africa and KNP!-Nov 2010
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:13 am 

Hope this ok....I am a physical educator from Maine, USA and I am traveling to SA and KNP on Nov 1st. I will be exploring sport and physical education in SA and then will be exploring the wildlife of KNP. My students (K-5th grades) are so excited for me and can't wait for me to go (and come back). I have designed a blog/web page to share my experience with them and I would love some input from some KNP pros. What is some more info/facts I can share with them before i go and any advice for my visit (must sees or dos).
My site is http://www.missdarcysjourney.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
:wink:
thanks,
darcy (fleabean)

Post subject: Re: First trip to South Africa and KNP!
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:08 am 

Thanks Roger, I am wicked excited!! We will be visiting schools, I think in Durban and in Capetown. Thanks for telling me about Jock i cant wait to get my hands on the book. Maybe I will be able to get it while I'm there. I will be in KNP for about three days. There is an open jeep safari planned and another type the next day. i am hoping to be able to do both a game walk and a night drive as well. will the park be busy this time of year? the cams have been quiet this week... :( hope that doesn't mean anything about my sightings. thanks for the weather update too. I'm nervous about the looooong flight but i have downloaded three audio books and my fav movie so i should be good.just wishing we would have more time in KNP after reading some of the TRs.

Post subject: Re: First trip to South Africa and KNP!
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 pm 

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE JOURNEY!!!
I will tell of my journey soon, I am still getting back into this time zone (new hampshire usa) and into my teaching schedule!Thanks again for all the helpful notes! The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE the webcams (they are addicted!!)
Tot siens!
darcy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]