Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: wmahon465-Will We, Won't We visit - Bill & Kath Return?
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:44 pm 

For the past 3 months, I have set my computer at work to show me the days remaining until we set off for Kruger and as each day passed, my excitement mounted.

Last year around end of September, I did my first trip report about our 4th trip to Kruger and it turned out to be the most productive with many firsts including 6 leopards. I have been planning how I would log our visit and write another report to join the many who experience the magic of Kruger.

I said then at the end of my blog that my daughter was pregnant and we might not be able to return but sense prevailed with SO and we booked for 16th-29th Sept. My daughter and grandson also booked a trip to Majorca (Spanish Island) returning 15th Sept.

Unfortunately our grandson took ill and has been hospitalised with some infection but appears to be on mend and may well return home tomorrow as planned.

Family comes first so I have made arrangements to cancel everything tomorrow evening if things don't work out, fortunately she has a partner to look after her now and we are hopeful that he recovers fully so we may still travel.

I hope to be there, yellow ribbon on car, friday afternoon as we enter the park.

Will keep you posted.

God bless you all.

Next visit Jan 15th 2014 13 Days

Post subject: Re: Will We, Won't We visit - Bill & Kath Return?
Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 pm 

Well, situation has worsened, little boy too ill to travel home so I have just canceled and am leaving for Palma, Majorca first thing in the morning with no return flight booked.

Thanks for all the good wishes but I've waited so long for him to come along he has got to come first.

Kruger will still be there but I will have to go alone or with friends as I doubt SO will leave her daughter again.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm 

Just got back today with daughter and grandson. He had bronchial pneumonia and was not at all well, my daughter was extremely distraught and I'm so glad I went and helped for the last 2 days. \Just wish I had gone earlier. Have to say that the Spanish medics worked wonders and so did her own travel insurance company.

Lucas is only 7 months and took a long time coming, he is well on the way to a full recovery and will continue his treatment for a few days but still has a little fluid on his chest.

Thanks to all the forumites who have posted goodwill messages, i will never forget the kindness shown by you all and hope to meet some of you if I can return to Kruger. My SO has been deeply troubled by the possibility of being so far away from her only grandson but is also aware of the deep passion I hold for SA and the Kruger in particular.

May you all have trouble free visits in the future and the very best of sightings, meanwhile, I will look forward to reading the trip reports of others and live my experiences throught the tale telling of others.

Many thanks and good wishes to you all.

Post subject: Re: Will We, Won't We visit - Bill & Kath Return Yes We Do
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:33 pm 

Normana53, Micetta, Bert and vgstephens ....

Thanks for the goodwill, my grandson has had the all clear and though he seems a little subdued, he is eating enough for both of us.

Christmas has come early, I have today booked flights, car and accommodation and will be entering Phabeni Gate first thing on the 26th Oct so just over 4 weeks to go.

Didn't realise the SO knew how desperate this old body was to visit Kruger so the anticipation begins again.

30 sleeps and counting, first thing Monday, my computer screen will be reset to display the time left every time I switch on.

Keep the trip reports coming and hope to join you soon

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:43 pm 

maddie2312

We will be using Hazyview as a base this visit and will concentrate our trips round the Skukuza-LS_Tshokwane-Afsaal-Pretoriouskop areas.

Will display the yellow ribbon although I have only every met one group with ribbons on 4 previous trips, that was the Rat Pack between Orpen and Satara

With luck we will meet but have a great visit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]