Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 7 of 7
 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 340 Days in Kruger
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:24 pm 

This is my very 1st post so let me introduce myself. I am the 25 year spouse of Mgoddard hence my username Grasswidower (For one year while she is living her dream). I cannot believe the time has gone by so quickly. It seems like yesterday when you vaguely mentioned that you wanted to spend “some time” in the KNP but it’s almost 2 years ago! Engel, you have been and are a wonderful, loving & extremely generous Wife, Mother & Friend and everybody who knows you will vouch for that. You have worked EXTREEMLY hard to make your dream come true and you deserve it. I know that because of your enthusiasm, many hours of planning and research, umpteen phone calls meeting people etc that this will be a success. I’m going to miss you like .... But thanks to Alexandra Graham Bell, you will only be a call, SMS, video link, email or even flight away ( tks 2 the Wright bros). Enjoy !!!
God forbid you should come across a snake. After all the nightmares you have been having…
Love you lots

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:36 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The 2nd Last Weekly Update :D

Time until I leave Doha: :D

11 days
276 hours
16612 minutes
996763 seconds

Billyf, Pumbaa and oddesy it must be the nerves, but strange I dont feel any excitement (YET). Sure as the days go by it will come :D

lorrainepring I see we will be at BnD the same time so we are sure to meet :D

Richprins I enjoyed and savoured every minute of our trip, I could not have asked for more :wink:

Now a very special Welcome to grasswidower
"It seems like yesterday when you vaguely mentioned that you want to spend "some time" in KNP"

True, :redface: and I apologize for not explaining properly that the "some time" is going to be a year :roll:

Just know that without your support and love this trip would not at all have been possible. I thank you again and once again will truly miss you alot :D :(

rusky you are so funny sometimes :D

anne-marie I think its a lot more than tolerance :clap:

Elsa thanks for the welcome for "Engel" :D

Hugh I will look out for you as well and thanks for offering to check up on me, but please dont report back to SO what I ate :?

I have just spoken to Loftus Caravans and "Engel" is almost ready for the trip. The sides and front of the awnings are being made at the moment, the mozzie nets were installed and the airconditioner is up and running :D

Today I will "move out" of the bedroom cupboard (not me, my clothes) and SO can have the cupboard back while Im not here :D

SO has offered to take the minimum so he can take all his weight allowance for me, :clap: I have so much to pack and the list is growing everyday :shock: I think if I mention one more thing SO is going to explode :shock:

In the next update I will give you all the details on the "blog" as I will be making my first post there and not here anymore :D

Until next week :wink:

Mgoddard

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:27 am 

Hey Engel! Hurry & get ur clothes out the cupboard so I can mine in... :cry:

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:03 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

The Last Weekly Update!

Time until I leave Doha is:

4 days
110 hours
6616 minutes
397016 seconds

This week has been really hectic :shock: Im busy finishing off at work as my last day will be Monday :D

I moved my clothes out of the cupboard, well almost :roll: still a few items remaining, packed the first aid kit, SO helped me to put all the GPS waypoints into the PDA, marked all the cables for cameras, chargers etc. The spare bed and the dining room table looks like a Tornado hit it :shock: But, Im READY!

On Thursday/Friday and Saturday I have to sort out my MTN connection, collect the caravan, do the shopping, pack the caravan, say goodbye to the family, and ...and...and

Once again I thank you all for the support and look forward to hearing from you all on the blog! :D This is my last post on this thread and I will make my first post on the blog in the next few days, so keep a close lookout :D

The next time I speak to you......It will be from Letaba :D

Mgoddard

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:35 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

As you can see the nerves are really bugging me, sitting here on the forum at 3 am :shock: Not long to go :D

Thank you for all the well wishes Elsa, Safrica, anne-marie, A-J, Ollie, aboon, Pumbaa, mikerid, ann-catherine, Mike1916 and Sharifa and Duke :D

Remember to read and comment on the blog http://www.sanparks.org/blog/

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Thank you Emily 86, ruud, oddesy, billyf, SC and big5spotter :D

Im 18kg overweight on the luggage, but ready to leave soon!! :D

Remember, there will be no more posts after this one on this thread, go to the blog and read all about My Trip :D

Hope to hear from you all :D

Mgoddard

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7