Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Kamea - Our favourite Wild Dog
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:52 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Great news that Kamea and her pups are alive and well...let's just hope that the two with injured legs make it!! :pray:

SAY NO TO HOTEL DEVELOPMENTS IN KRUGER

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:51 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

adw wrote:

I was on my way out of the Park and was travelling on the H1.1 near Delaporte Waterhole when I came across a small pack of Wild Dogs on the move. As I was towing a caravan I was unable to reverse or do a u turn and was able to get only one fair photo of one of the dogs who had a severe limp in his left rear leg. I only hope it was not caused by broken glass!

adw confirmed that there were four dogs so I'm sure this was Kamea and her pups which means that they still all seem to be OK!! :dance: This was taken in January.

SAY NO TO HOTEL DEVELOPMENTS IN KRUGER

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm 

Hi

I noticed that Kamea territory seems to be around Mathekenyane. This is where I saw a pack of 9 dogs - 4 adults and 5 young ones - on 26th Oct at 0545 hours. After about 20 mins on the tar road - H3 - they moved into the bush towards the rocks and I could spot them from Mathekenyane look out point. At 0930 hrs the same day I spent a relaxed hour with a pack of 17 dogs - 8 adults and 9 youngsters - on the H5 approx 2 km before it hits the S114. Since this is close to the 1st site, I am not sure if the 1st pack was part of this 2nd pack.
I am not clear on the id marks for Kamea, but will post some of the pics I have on the wild dogs sightings thread and perhaps you can see if any match.
Btw, this is a great idea for a thread :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:05 am 

Hi Samoesa

You asking me this after one and a half years.... :D

I put up the pics in the Wild dogs sightings post - pages 22 and 23. Let me know pl if you can relate to Kamea.

Thanks