Skip to Content

Mananga Adventure Trail

Discuss activities available in the Kruger National Park, and follow all the sighting reports.
Elsa

Re: Mananga Adventure Trail

Unread postby Elsa » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:33 pm

They do strictly require a full 4 x 4 more just to preserve the environment from wheelspinning etc.
The only reason why they call it 4x4 trails and enforce you to use a 4x4 is to limit the negative impact on nature.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

Elsa

Unread postby Elsa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Why SANParks insist on a 4 x 4 only is in order to do as little damage to the ecology as possible with say wheelspinning etc.
Where ever you go, go with all your Heart.

Kruger - 22nd May - 5th June 2015

AndreaB

Unread postby AndreaB » Fri May 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Nothing terribly exciting, general game plus a 100+buffalo herd. Was great weather and scenery, very enjoyable day.

jb72

Unread postby jb72 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:37 am

Rolypoly wrote:Anybody been on this 4x4 Mananga Trail lately, we would like to do it when we are in Satara in August. Any information please.

Did it couple of weeks ago. Great experience. Only one other car on the trail, so was nice and quiet. Loads of bufs and ele's. Lions on tar where you start the trail, so they don't really count. Loads of general game too. The road itself is in good condition - no need for 4x4 driving or anything.

Getting a bit expensive now, but we'll worth it if you are in the area for a couple of days.

Cheers

Tieroog

Unread postby Tieroog » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:19 pm

Elsa wrote:
Tieroog wrote:What does it cost at the moment, jb72?
R540 per vehicle.

Thanks, Elsa. At first glance it does sound like a lot, but if you think about going out to dinner, how easily the bill can come to close to R1 000 for just two people.

Now compare that to having a little piece of Kruger all to yourself for an entire day... No comparison!! I say it is R540 well spent and I sincerely hope it open in 34 sleep's time :whistle:
Satara: 10 - 22 August

:)

René

Mananga 4X4 Trail Satara

Unread postby René » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:12 pm

If this topic does not belong here, please move it. I am looking for people that has done the Mananga 4x4 trail. I would love to see photos of it, or taken from it. Are there any special landforms or interesting sites along the way? I always feel like one misses out without a 4x4 as some of the most beautiful scenery are oftentimes hidden here.

I am actually doing an tourism feature article about 4x4 trails in our national parks for a publication. I have the information, but is hoping that someone out there will be able to help me with beautiful pictures. Otherwise I will just use some general Kruger shots.

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Hippotragus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Hi Rene.

We did the 4x4 trail last year. It was very "tame" - compared to, say the ones in Kgalagadi and Karoo parks. I don't think I engaged 4x4 at all and there were only a few places that required high clearance. Most of the trail is across open veld, with one short distance beside a small river, with attractive pools.

I think the main attraction is being able to get off the main tourist roads - though the trail does go along a short stretch of the S100 and the S41.

I did not take any photos.
Paul Kruger Gate (day visitor) 24-28 August 2015
Skukuza 14-18 October 2015
Satara 18-21 October 2015

Return to “KNP Activities & Sightings”