Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Thanx to Skukuza
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:38 pm 

We have just spent a week in Skukuza 3rd to 10th May. Having always stayed in other camps Skuks was my last but they had the Guest House we needed. We checked in and there was a minor issue with a key to the Guest house. Johannes at reception was great in getting us a spare key the following night after check in. Thank you so much. Gladys was our cleaner for the week and she was fabulous, made our beds even tho mine was a matress in the lounge as didnt share a double with my sister. The unit was immaculate and serviced so well. Thanx Gladys and also for the pics we got of her with linin on her head. We loved it. At the end of our stay at check out i popped in to reception just to say thanx for an amazing stay. Johannes was on duty and i thanked him so much for a WONDERFULL time we had had. To which he extended his hand as an African does, left hand to elbow and arm extended, and shook my hand. well that was priceless and i was in tears. Thank you Johannes for such a meaningless jeasture on your behalf but the most meaningfull jeasture for me. I was so touched and will carry that jeasture with me for a lifetime. Our time in Skukuza was wonderfull and despite what so many reports say to the contrary, we will be back. In fact October next year i will be back in Skukuza so did we enjoy our stay there. So thank you all of Kruger from a greatfull ex South African now returning as a tourist. We LOVE Kruger and all it represents. Thank you to the My Acre of Africa Staff for allowing us to visit the site without a guide as we had previously visited the site and knew the area. Thank you Kruger for an amazing holiday. See you all next year and keep up the great work you do

Post subject: Re: Thanx to Skukuza
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Weesy, I am sooooo pleased that you had such a good experience.

Great to see you around again. 8)

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:45 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Excellent weesy! :D

Just goes to show that it pays to check things out for yourself. We haven't stayed at Skukuza yet and always thought from comments and reports that it was too big, too noisy etc.

When we were in KNP last September we called in at Skuks a couple of times and had lunch, wandered around, visited the pet memorial and the museum. We loved it. No doubt when it is very full and its school hols it could be hectic. However we decided that next KNP visit we are booking a few days at Skukuza and I really look forward to it. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:21 pm 
Guru
Guru

weesy wrote:
We have just spent a week in Skukuza 3rd to 10th May. Having always stayed in other camps Skuks was my last but they had the Guest House we needed. We checked in and there was a minor issue with a key to the Guest house. Johannes at reception was great in getting us a spare key the following night after check in. Thank you so much. Gladys was our cleaner for the week and she was fabulous, made our beds even tho mine was a matress in the lounge as didnt share a double with my sister. The unit was immaculate and serviced so well. Thanx Gladys and also for the pics we got of her with linin on her head. We loved it. At the end of our stay at check out i popped in to reception just to say thanx for an amazing stay. Johannes was on duty and i thanked him so much for a WONDERFULL time we had had. To which he extended his hand as an African does, left hand to elbow and arm extended, and shook my hand. well that was priceless and i was in tears. Thank you Johannes for such a meaningless jeasture on your behalf but the most meaningfull jeasture for me. I was so touched and will carry that jeasture with me for a lifetime. Our time in Skukuza was wonderfull and despite what so many reports say to the contrary, we will be back. In fact October next year i will be back in Skukuza so did we enjoy our stay there. So thank you all of Kruger from a greatfull ex South African now returning as a tourist. We LOVE Kruger and all it represents. Thank you to the My Acre of Africa Staff for allowing us to visit the site without a guide as we had previously visited the site and knew the area. Thank you Kruger for an amazing holiday. See you all next year and keep up the great work you do

Dear Weesy

I am glad that you had a good time in Skukuza. It is always a pleasure to receive such compliments and it shows that our staff members are doing what they are suppose to be doing. I have forwarded the compliment to the relevant staff members. Once again thank you for taking time to write to us about your experience in the park, we hope to see you again soon.

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116
stephens.ledwaba@sanparks.org

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:57 pm 

@ threedogs i am sure u will not regret staying in Skuks , really for over 20 years we have avoided the camp due to negative reports, so obviously we were thrilled on this stay. Proves one cannot always rely on reports it all depends on what u want and need for a stay and of course ur attitude on the whole. Our accomodation was beautifull we were on the river, service second to none in the world, thanx Gladys and reception staff were amazing, given the fact the previous occupant of our guesthouse had left without dropping off the key, and they had to sort out the problem. I was so SUPER impressed with Skukuza and Johannes at reception, we will definately return next year, next time is 21 days.. Thanx guys for forwarding our greatfullness to all concerned in Kruger....