Skip to Content

Thanks Mopani staff

A place to share our common humanity, a place where you know you're not alone, a place to recognize and congratulate one another.

Moderator: RosemaryH

Thanks Mopani staff

Unread postby Marten » Tue May 21, 2013 9:35 am

My wife Kathy, recently fell on a gravel road and cut her knee badly, the staff at Mopani camp were quick to react and Camp Manager, Garth and wife Christa drove us to the Phalaborwa Hospital as it was after hours, Kathy got cleaned and stitched up and we arrived back at camp late that evening. Next morning we left for Letaba not before Manager Garth came to see how we were doing. Two days later we had to travel to Skukuza for a anti-tetanus injection (none available in the whole of Phalaborwa), the doctor there saw the wound and immediately sent us to Nelspruit for medical treatment. To cut a long story short, 3 nights in Nelspruit hospital and then home, another 4 nights in hospital in Richards Bay now Kathy is reccvering at home and I am planning our next trip to Kruger.

Re: Thanks Mopani staff

Unread postby Stephens.L » Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 am

Dear Marten

Thank you for the compliment. I will forward it to the relevant staff members at Mopani. I am glad that Kathy is recovering well and hopeful she will be able to travel with you in your next trip to Kruger. Keep well :gflower:

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116

Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Grantmissy » Tue May 21, 2013 9:55 am

Marten I am glad that your wife is recovering – best wishes.

This is not the first positive feedback regarding Mopani camp and the restaurant that I have read recently. Well done Mopani Camp
“Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.”

Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby RosemaryH » Tue May 21, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks for taking the time to make this post Marten :thumbs_up: Very happy to hear that Kathy is recovering. Enjoy your next visit!!

Fantastic service and consideration from Garth and staff at Mopani :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you Stephens :thumbs_up:

Golden Rule of any SANPark - DO NOT feed or put food out for ANY species whatsoever!

Return to “Under the Ubuntu Tree”