Skip to Content

Best Field Guide in SA - Sidney Mikosi

A place to share our common humanity, a place where you know you're not alone, a place to recognize and congratulate one another.

Moderator: RosemaryH

Quintin

Best Field Guide in SA - Sidney Mikosi

Unread postby Quintin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 pm

Best Field Guide in SANParks and South Africa - This is Sidney Mikosi - Field Guide at Marakele National Park - Every single time I do a Game Drive or Bush Walk with Sidney, he is expetionally professional, his knowledge is amazing and he always seems to satisfy his clients, no matter if there where only a few sightings...This guy belongs in the Kruger National Park! I visit the KNP at least 10 times a year, and never have I recieved such great service and game drives from any KNP Field Guide,or anywhere else in SA! Well Done Sidney, you are the best! We need more guides like him in the KNP so that all our international visitors can experience this top class guiding service!

Hippotragus
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Re: Best Field Guide in SA - Sidney Mikosi

Unread postby Hippotragus » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:54 pm

Agreed! We went on a Sunset Drive at Marakele with Sidney early in March this year. Very enjoyable drive. Sidney realised that we are reasonably knowledgeable, so did not bother with the "basics" (the other 2 people on the drive could hardly understand English, so most information was lost on them). Sidney was very professional in everything he did and said.

I do, however, disagree a little with Quintin - there are some outstanding Field Guides in KNP - Edward at Satara, Martie at Lower Sabie, Gerry at Biyamiti, Dominique at Crocodile Bridge - to name a few. I agree that there is a need for more top-notch guides in KNP, but there are already a few and hopefully they can spread their enthusiasm to others.
Paul Kruger Gate (day visitor) 24-28 August 2015
Skukuza 14-18 October 2015
Satara 18-21 October 2015

Boorgatspook
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Boorgatspook » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Well done to Sidney :clap:

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi Quintin - thanks for posting, I will pass the compliment on. Welcome to the forums - hope you'll be a regular. Judging by your number of visits to SANParks, I am sure you have a lot to share :wink:

Hippotragus - thanks to you too. I will pass your compliments on to the folk in Kruger as well. :thumbs_up:

Well Done to all :clap: :clap: :clap:
Rose

Golden Rule of any SANPark - DO NOT feed or put food out for ANY species whatsoever!

Graham_5000
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Graham_5000 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:20 am

Where is Marakele? Is there a camp I am unaware of? This guy sounds great!
Karoo National Park 07/04/2015 - 11/04/2015

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Graham_5000

Marakele is also a beautiful place - have a look here Marakele
Rose

Golden Rule of any SANPark - DO NOT feed or put food out for ANY species whatsoever!

Return to “Under the Ubuntu Tree”