Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wild card
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:53 pm 

I have a query regarding wild cards. I have had a wild card for many years and have really made the most of it. Two years ago, recently widowed, I changed my wild card to a "single" instead of a couple.

I now need to renew my card, and I thought I would buy a family card as I am taking my Grandchildren with me on a trip in December. So far all fine.....problem arises when I have to give my "partners" ID number. I don't have a permanent partner. The person accompanying me may be a friend or a family member or I may be on my own. This according to Sanparks is not allowed. The Id number stated on the wild card MUST be the same person at the time of purchase.

I feel this is totally unfair, If I am prepared to pay the higher wild card price surely it does not matter who I bring along with me !! I will most probably be on my own for the majority of the year, perhaps on a few occasions take a friend or my Daughter. Case in point....In a few days time going to Kruger with a friend, in November having a weekend there with another friend. In December it's with my Daughter and the grandchildren, in February I'm on my own.

As the rules are now, if the person with me is not the same as the one on the wild card they will have to pay the conservation fee per day despite the fact that I have purchased a card allowing two adults and five children on it !

Does anyone have the same problem and any advise on this ?

Post subject: Re: Wild card
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:13 pm 

I'm going to move this post to the Wild Card forum shortly and on Monday I'll ask for guidance from the Wild Card people.

I have a thought in the back of my mind that you can't put grandchildren on a Wild Card, but I'm going to check on that as well.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:59 pm 

It is allowed to put Grandchildren on. I was at Sanparks HQ in Pretoria and was advised about this. It is just the 'partner' that is the problem.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:34 am 

Granny,

The advise I have from Wild Card is to put one of your grandchildren as your partner, which gets around the mandatory ID issue. However your friends will have to purchase a Wild Card of their own or pay the conservation fees. This rule has been implemented because the Tour Operators are changing their partners so that they can accommodate their guests.