Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 2
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: International Wildcard send or missing?
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:45 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Location: Living in The Netherlands but raised in South Africa
Ordered our International Wildcard on the 11th of January 2013…..nothing has arrived not even the Magazine…… :evil: hope we will get it before we leave for our July trip to South Africa…. :pray:

I must say I find it unacceptable :rtm: that it takes so long to send a card and magazines, how would you react if for example Getaway would withdraw the money but you wouldn’t receive the Magazine. :hmz:

Maybe it’s an idea to let you collect the card at one of the Entrance Gates(the one you prefer to enter the park)….instead of sending it….together with the Wild Magazine(the issues you didn’t receive yet) this will work for us.... :hmz: If they can't send it...leave it at Orpen Gate and we will collect it on our way in on the 6th of July :wink:

2013 Trip: Satara, Lower Sabie, Hluhluwe, Berg-en-Dal, Lower Sabie, Satara, Elephant Plains(Sabi Sands) :dance:

Our 2013 Trip Report: Vinkie and Apex Predator back in the bushveld

Post subject: Re: International Wildcard send or missing?
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:51 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I also have not received our Wildcard and we leave in 6 days. But I did receive the magazine yesterday. We bought Int all parks on 02/03/13. Maybe it will arrive while I am away.

vinkie wrote:
Ordered our International Wildcard on the 11th of January 2013…..nothing has arrived not even the Magazine…… :evil: hope we will get it before we leave for our July trip to South Africa…. :pray:

I must say I find it unacceptable :rtm: that it takes so long to send a card and magazines, how would you react if for example Getaway would withdraw the money but you wouldn’t receive the Magazine. :hmz:

Maybe it’s an idea to let you collect the card at one of the Entrance Gates(the one you prefer to enter the park)….instead of sending it….together with the Wild Magazine(the issues you didn’t receive yet) this will work for us.... :hmz: If they can't send it...leave it at Orpen Gate and we will collect it on our way in on the 6th of July :wink:

7-11 Satara
12-15 Olifants
16-19 Lower Sabie
20-22 Croc Bridge

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:26 am 

We ordered and paid for our wildcard in January, for a trip starting Feb 25th (living in Sydney, Australia). Card never arrived, neither have any magazines. But the printout of the confirmation was accepted at every camp and gate, so it wasn't a problem in the end. I do wonder what happened to the card though :?

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:13 pm 

Please remember that you can use the confirmation email to gain access.

You are more than welcome to PM me with your card number and contact details and I can get it looked into, if you are worried.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:29 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

saraf wrote:
Please remember that you can use the confirmation email to gain access.

You are more than welcome to PM me with your card number and contact details and I can get it looked into, if you are worried.

Yes I know but that's not the point....we have paid for a product but haven't received it.....SANParks is not a minor organization.....don't sell products....and fail to send them... :rtm: I love South Africa and SANParks but this is unacceptable :naughty:

We are also going to Hluhluwe will they also accept the confirmation letter being a Non-SANParks park? :?

I have already send you the details by PM in Feb/March 2013 and you told me it was due to the Post office strike :( ....it's nearly May now.....time is running out... :evil:

2013 Trip: Satara, Lower Sabie, Hluhluwe, Berg-en-Dal, Lower Sabie, Satara, Elephant Plains(Sabi Sands) :dance:

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Agree , unacceptable. No excuse. Mangement needs to be held accountable right up to the relevant director.

Should not be up to mods to help speed it up. System should work. Outsource it again. This is a bad advert for Sanparks no matter how it gets spun....post office strike....new system etc.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:sniper: Absolutely agree with FG and vinkie. No excuse :twisted: :roll: :sniper:

Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:28 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Some of the things said on 19 October 2010, over 2.5 years ago

Quote:
According to Glenn Phillips, Managing Executive Tourism Development and Marketing at South African National Parks (SANParks), this move will enable SANParks and all its partners – Big Game Parks of Swaziland, CapeNature, Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife and Msinsi Resorts and Reserves - to ensure more relevant benefits to our loyal Wild Card holders, as well as greater control of the Wild Card Programme itself.

“Over the past year, through comprehensive research and customer feedback, it has become evident that we need to move the Wild Card Programme to more advanced technology, that will enable SANParks and its partners to provide relevant benefits to our loyal card holders .

My bold. Still waiting for rewards promised.

Benefits :naughty:

Advanced Technology :roll:

There is absolutely no excuse for this. A sale is a contract. The buyer pays an agreed price and in return expects a wild card and a magazine. SANParks have not delivered on its part of the sale. No where does it say that the buyer will have to wait a year or two or contact a Mod or anybody else to complete the sale.

All we were required to do was update our details, which in itself was a challenge for many of us.

Here is the link

Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:39 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Duke,

Can you please PM your Wild Card number and ID number so that I can forward your full details to the Wild Card Department? :)

Tel: (012) 426 5202

Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:11 pm 

Must get this of my cheast
Have to agree with Duke
The whole WC is a mess reading through all the threads with complaints
And the list does not seem to stop
The time as come to straighten out the dents
After all, its a product being bought through the internet
And SANparks is bound by law to deliver within its own business code
You order and PAY so the digital magazine and plastic card must be delivered within a few weeks
No more excuses please

At least i do receive the digital magazine :thumbs_up:
I hope all other members living oveseas at least get the digitial mag? :whistle:

Last edited by bert on Thu May 02, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:55 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

I may have been lucky, but I received my paper magazines and physical card no problem.

Consistency, of the good kind, us needed to everyone has the same positive experience that I had.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Today we received our Wild Magazine :dance: ....maybe the reason of the delay was the Postal strike after all and maybe I have been a little impatient :redface: :roll: ....but this gives us good hope that we will receive the Wild Card before we leave. :pray:

Thank you SANParks for sending us the Wild Magazine :thumbs_up:

Super Mongoose had sent me the Go Kruger 2013 special in February and we just received confirmation from our South African friends that it had arrived Yesterday.....long trip from Pretoria to Krugersdorp(thanks to the Postal Service) :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:36 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

:dance: :dance: they have found you :clap: :clap: , now verify your adress again ,so they know where to send the wildcard :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:16 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Agree with everything that Duke and bert say. My own experience has been a total runaround and NO response to repeated emails. I did eventually receive a plastic card, but only (well) after it had expired and I see NO reason for an overseas visitor to be expected to order their card months in advance simply to be in possession of the physical card, since its activation date is the day on which you order is processed, NOT the day that it is first used, which means that most (and most especially we overseas visitors) lose weeks/months of validity.

I rather order my WildCard a few days before I will first be in a park and use the confirmation letter. That way I manage to have maximum value. As for those promised benefits ................ :roll:

I did eventually receive one or two copies of the print magazine before my last WildCard expired.

My expereince with the WildCard programme when it was being operated by Infinity was excellent -- timely and gracious service always. My experience with the WildCard programme since SANParks took it over has been nothing but :wall: :wall: :wall: The WildCard now costs substantially more and delivers substantially less :( This total lack of timely or adequate service delivery is inexcuseable!

Unread postPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:22 pm 
Guru
Guru

Dear Duke and all, please see the response below from the Wild Card Department

"I have personally contacted the writer and confirmed that all his queries have been resolved, I would like to please request Wild Card members to contact us by e-mail at wildcard@sanparks.org or call the Wild Card Call centre at 086 146 9453 if they face any difficulties and remember to quote their Wild Card membership number or ID number to enable us to assist as quickly as possible.
Kind Regards
Daniel Cornelissen
CRM & Loyalty Manager: Wild Card
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL PARKS (SANParks)"

Lesego wrote:
Dear Duke,

Can you please PM your Wild Card number and ID number so that I can forward your full details to the Wild Card Department? :)

Tel: (012) 426 5202

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next