Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wildcard renewal
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:02 pm 

Hi everyone, we have renewed our Wildcard online successfully, we think we are reading that we will NOT be sent a new card but should use the same card again. Can someone confirm that we will not get a new card?

My only concern is that the card we have doesn't have our name on, but it seems that the newer cards do have your name on, will this be a problem when we come in September? :hmz:

Post subject: Re: Wildcard renewal
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:09 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Not sure about the card but did they Email you a confirmation letter stating that you have renewed your card, if so keep it with you when you go in September and show it with your card, you won't have any problems then

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:18 pm 

Hi Carol, thanks, we do have a confirmation email so will print and take that with us, as you suggested. :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:18 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Carol is quite right, Merlin11. The confirmation letter is your saving grace.

I had a card without my name on it which was quite rudely denied a few years ago at a gate. The letter however, smoothed everything over and a phone call to Wildcard head office afterwards resulted in the proper card no problem.

Is the bush calling loudly? Read about the Bush Camps presented by the HR's

July/August 2014
27-30 Tamboti (Number 40!!!)
30-1 Letaba
1-4 Shingwedzi
4-6 Mopani

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:34 pm 

Thanks Porridge, I have seen somewhere else on the forum that Wildcards without a name on were refused as well. I guess we just assumed that when we renewed our card a new one would automatically be sent to us. Although we aren't going until September we renewed it now so there would be plenty of time to get a new card through the post. But will print off the letter and take as well, just worry now about the roadworks! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Merlin 11, it's a shame that you renewed your card now when you won't need it until September. It could be months and months before you actually receive the physical card -- if ever. The way the new system works, once you've been issued a card with your name on it, you MUST always retain that card. Apparently each time you renew, you get a new number, but that is then (eventually) "connected" to the original number on your card. Seems stupidly complicated to me :roll: the old Infinity system was SO much simpler AND gave you points that you could then use towards renewals (or other rewards).

Now the card itself is FAR more expensive and there are no "rewards", despite promises that such would be announced "soon" :roll: Thus, to maximise use of my card, I will only renew on line about a week before I will need it, since even if you renew well in advance, you'll still be using that confirmation letter because your card invariably will NOT have arrived :roll:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:11 pm 

Hi Arks, we only renewed it now because we knew the card takes ages to arrive and we thought that we would be sent a new card and we were allowing time for it to arrive before September!

Still not sure about having a card without our name on but we will take our confirmation letter and sort it out when we get there if we need to, can't wait :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:22 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

FAC Member (2012)
Merlin I do hope you come right..............as advised by others always carry that confirmation letter. :thumbs_up:
Hope you have a wonderful trip. :dance:

Just as a matter of interest we had HUGE problems with our Infinity wild card!!!! Somehow they got my SO mixed up with a South African man, and he was given all our personal details and our reward points!!! We were just lucky that he was honest, and contacted us to alert us!!! Long story short, it was rectified temporarily, but happened two or three times after that. :wall: :wall: I found them very unhelpful when we contacted them.

I was very relieved when SANParks got it's own card!!! :clap:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:28 pm 

Ah Crested Val, hope we don't have those issues! I'm not sure which system our card was issued under but, touch wood we haven't had any issues before now. It's just not having our name on the card that concerns me but we will take our confirmation letter as everyone is kindly suggesting :thumbs_up:

I've seen that you will not be going again for a while, that's a shame as we have learnt so much from your trip reports, thank you :D

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 am 

Hi Merlin11,

If you'd like to PM me your WC number and renewal number I'll get someone at Wild Card to confirm your card status and try to find out what happened to your named card.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 pm 

My card doesn't have a name on it either, and was told they stopped putting names on some time ago.
I haven't experienced any problems with it just having a number on,, and have visited a number of times since October.

When you renew your card, you keep the same card and number - no need to receive a new one.