Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 1
 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wild Card??????
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:24 am 

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so Mods if it needs to be moved please go ahead.
I have had a Wild Card for quite a few years, when the change came last year, I completed the application on-line for a new one. Since then I have heard absolutely nothing and have nothing to show for my application. What will happen when I appear at a gate and produce my old one?

Post subject: Re: Wild Card??????
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:57 am 

Well. if you have not heard anything, or been asked to pay for your new card, the gate staff, or reception staff at your first camp will be able to sell you the new card. At least that is my understanding of the situation, and the procedure we had to follow in November last year.

However, on our visit to Kruger in May of this year, we were told that we must update our info on the site and wait for the card to arrive. Therein lies the problem. The website does not seem to be able to cope with the daily requirements of updating, sending out codes etc etc etc.

We will probably wait till our next visit in April next year and just buy a new card and go through paragraph 2 again, and hope for the best

Not very positive, but I hope it helps a little

Mike Goss

Disclaimer. The above is not a criticism of Kruger or their staff and should not be taken as such. It is just a reflection of my experience.

Post subject: Re: Wild Card??????
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:11 am 

Hi Tony,

here is a message posted by Joep Stevens from SANPARKS earlier this year.

Joep Stevens wrote:
Dear All,

Yes, indeed, the first Wild Cards have been sent out but there are many that still have to receive theirs. Until you have received your (new) Wild Card, you can use Wild Card number if purchased from SANParks (not Infinity) after 12 November 2010 and for old Infinity Wild Card members present this old Infinity Wild Card with letter of confirmation with the normal means of identification when visiting relevant parks, should membership still be valid, of course. The most important matter is that we have your complete and updated personal and contact information (which in many cases is still lacking, thus the slow issuing of Wild Cards). If you wish to confirm that we have all your details, you are welcome to send me your Wild Card number to joeps@sanparks.org

Many thanks to all for patience and co-operation.

Kind regards.

JOEP

Please have a look here: http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?style=2&f=125&t=54151

You actually still don´t need a card to get into the park. All you need is your letter of confirmation that you have applied for a new card. If you don´t have a letter of confirmation i would advise to send an email to Joep.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]