Skip to Content

Buying Wild Card at the gate

Everything you need to know about the Wild Card program.

Moderator: Crested Val

Buying Wild Card at the gate

Unread postby Andreas_79 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:25 pm

I would like to know if it is possible to buy an international wild card at any gate of any SANParks national park?

If not does anyone know at which national parks you can buy a wild card and at which national parks you can´t?

Many thanks in advance. - Oktober 2011: new photos from my trip to Kenya and the Serengeti.

Joep Stevens

Re: Buying Wild Card at the gate

Unread postby Joep Stevens » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Dear All,

Yes, it is possible to buy Wild Card membership at all parks (except in Table Mountain) upon arrival but I strongly recommend that you buy your membership online as you then provide your details once only and that finalises the transaction, while if you buy at the park, you still need to go online later and capture your details. Wild Cards are despatched from one central station only and nowhere can you buy membership and get the actual card immediately. When buying at the parks (and online) you are issued with a temporary Wild Card number which can be used to access the relevant parks until such time as your Wild Card has bee received by you - postal by registered mail. Please forward any queries in this regard to

Kind regards.

General Manager: Tourism Operations

Return to “Wild Card”