Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wild card not received??
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:41 pm 

PeterPM wrote:
Right my report back.
Called the 0861469453 number and the lady there (nope I didn't get her name) informed me that the card has been cut and is in the migration stage. I should be receiving it in the next week to 10 days.

See it didn't take so long?????
Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 pm

According to my calender the 10 days is up, BUT Sanparks I will give you the benefit of the doubt and add 4 more days for the weekends in between, but I am warning you, it had better be forthcoming........ :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:07 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Birdie we found that they actually weren't interested in our old Wild Cards. We just used the Wild Letter! It was no problem and the desk staff were obviously used to dealing with them.(but I would still take the old WC!) Have a great time.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:31 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Birdie,
Hope you having a great time in Kruger!
As I understand the stated policy on FREE for over 70's wildcard :-
If you already have these cards they should be honoured or renewed!
They only snuck in the NO MORE OVER 70's FREE wildcards recently,
under the " frequently asked questions" section of WILDCARD site!
I hope you are able to follow this up.
:hmz: :rtm: :tongue:

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:39 pm 

The mods are trying to get a definitive statement about the status of the 70+ cards issued under the Infinity scheme.

Birdie, please could you pm me your contact details when you get back and I will chase it for you.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

The Hein Grobler email seems to do the job. I wrote to him a couple of weeks ago, the next day a lady phoned (not Hein obviously, but no matter), telling me where in the process my card is and that I can expect it soon. Last week she phoned again - do I want to collect my Wildcard from the Groenkloof office or must she post it - I asked her to post it. Yesterday I received a note from the post office - registered mail for me to come and pick up. I'm not expecting anything else so I assume it my WildCard (purchased 11 October 2011) :D

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:53 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Under the old system one was able to handle the renewal of your card online. I can however not find this function on the Wild Card website. The login option takes you to a SANParks page where you can buy a new card or update your details. I don't want to do either as I already have a new WILD card (just have to find it) but my card is up for renewal tomorrow (15 December).

Anyone had to renew their new WILD card and what is the procedure?

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:04 pm 

Francois, the information I have at present is to use the online system to do the payment. You will be given a new number. You need to phone Wild Card and get them to link your new number to your card.

It is not ideal and SANParks are aware of the frustrations. There is a new system coming soon that will make the renewal process smoother and will include being able to renew in the parks. Its just not ready yet.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:25 pm 

saraf wrote:
Francois, the information I have at present is to use the online system to do the payment. You will be given a new number. You need to phone Wild Card and get them to link your new number to your card.

It is not ideal and SANParks are aware of the frustrations. There is a new system coming soon that will make the renewal process smoother and will include being able to renew in the parks. Its just not ready yet.

Thank saraf for the info.

This whole WILD Card thing is very frustrating and I think SANParks should get their act together as it has been more than a year that all this nonsense have been going on and their calls for their customers to be patient is now getting old. Why take over a system if you are not geared to do so? At this stage we are paying more for less and to renew has now also become a hassle.

To say that I am not impressed with the service is putting it lightly. We are hosting a congress in Kruger mid October 2012 and I wanted to encourage delegates to get WILD Cards but with this level of service I would rather not.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:33 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

I was right! It was my Wildcard waiting at the Post Office! So 2 months and 3 days after registering and paying for my Wildcard, I have it in my hands.... Not as bad as I expected...

But, I did go and update my details after registering on the Website. Even though everything was correct I pressed the 'update' button and got a new confirmation letter that specifically stated that my 'details are now up-to-date', then I phoned to find out that my that my card is at stage 4 -- everything is ready, the card just needed to be printed and then posted....because I'm impatient I also wrote to the hein.grobler email, and as mentioned above a lady called me within a day or 2.

So did I get my card so quickly (relatively speaking) because I kept on nagging? Possibly.

(btw - Where do one find the smilies on the mobile site?)

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:25 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

OK, update as promised.

Logged in to SanParks and selected the Renew Membership on the Wild Card drop down list.

Entered my latest wildcard number (not the one on the physical card) and went through entering the information, you basiclay have to renew everything from name, id to address. The address part is a bit messy, it asks for ist address, but you can only enter in my case the PO box number and post code. Then it asks for a second address where you put in the suburb etc.

Then entered the payment info and received the first confirmation letter. This letter says,

This Wild Card Confirmation Letter, serves as proof of application for membership to the Wild Programme.

In order to complete this application process, please kindly log on to http://www.wildcard.co.za and complete your personal details, in order that we may send you your New Wild Card and all desired communications.
This letter will serve as proof of membership, and will be valid until your replacement Wild Card has been received by you.

Please ensure to present this form, with a valid proof of identification (ID Document / Passport), when visiting one of our member parks or reserves.

Quite confusing as I already have a new Wild Card.

Anyway I rang the Wild Card number and spoke to Sakira who was very helpful. She took my details and manually linked my new Wild Card number to My physical Wild Card.

Phew.. hope everything works on 26th. Will be taking my confirmation letter along, and you also need some form of ID.

Go for it francoisd and good luck.

Ast binman bin mam?
Lancashire dialect

Ready for the next Cricket Weekend!

New Year trip 2014-2015 booked.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 am 

PeterPM wrote:
PeterPM wrote:
Right my report back.
Called the 0861469453 number and the lady there (nope I didn't get her name) informed me that the card has been cut and is in the migration stage. I should be receiving it in the next week to 10 days.

See it didn't take so long?????
Posted Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:01 pm

According to my calender the 10 days is up, BUT Sanparks I will give you the benefit of the doubt and add 4 more days for the weekends in between, but I am warning you, it had better be forthcoming........ :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
06 december.

Well well. we received a little slip in the post yesterday and unless someone is ending me a new 100 - 400 zoom lens (hint hint) this can only be our long awaited WildCard. Watch this space.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Having been through the renewal process I can perhaps just share how it worked.
I received my card a while ago. On the card is a printed wild card number and your name.
You have to go to the Sanparks website, choose renewal under the dropdown menu under wildcard.
Fill in your details (again) starting with the current card number.
Pay by credit card.
You then receive a new wildcard application number and confirmation letter.
You then phone the wildcard call centre and they manually link the new application number to your existing card.
Hopefully the process will become easier in future. The confirmation letter seems to be the main thing, as they'll accept that at the park even if you don't have a card yet it seems. I was advised to definitely take the letter along to the park, even though renewal should now be reflected on the card if they swipe it. Just to be safe.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:40 am 

Thanks for the explanation Mel, I'm sure it will help.

I am assured that the renewal process will be better once the new computer system linked to the Parks is up and running. Unfortunately I have no idea when this is going to be.

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:43 am 

mel123 wrote:
.....You then phone the wildcard call centre and they manually link the new application number to your existing card.

Maybe they should look at a email option [dedicated email] to do this especially for the foreign clients. SA Office hours is sleep time for many foreign clients?

Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:48 am 

Funnily enough, this arrived in my email this morning, answering a query I asked about the renewal process.

Operations Manager: Wild Card wrote:
We are in the process of deploying terminals that will assist in streamlining access to the parks for wildcard customers . These terminals will ensure better access control for Sanparks as well. The customers will get to the parks and will insert their new Wild Cards into the terminals whereby their wild card membership information will be downloaded and printed on a slip. Along with the terminals, the parks will have software and its applications that have been developed to better manage the database. This software will make it easier for staff at the parks to conduct purchases and renewals and immediately update customers’ details. The software will essentially manage all process relating to Wild Card with less red tape and therefore making it less frustrating for the customers.

Once the systems are in place the renewal process will be automatic, the client will renew his membership and the new information will automatically update on his plastic card when he inserts it into the terminal. There will be clear correlation between the plastic card number and any other numbers (at that stage it will be an application number).

We are planning to Go live with the new system very early next year and we will inform all our customers about that in due course. We are now thoroughly testing the system to ensure that there are no hiccups when we do go live.

The system should be able to identify a renewal and update accordingly, we are asking the customers to contact the call centre in order to manually link the renewed membership to their card because only the call centre has access to the software currently. This is to enable us to test and monitor the system in a controlled environment to ensure that it works well before we roll it out to the rest of the parks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next