Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wild Card
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:14 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
I put my ID number into the slot on the website and then got the problems I stated above.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:26 am 

Phew! So best would be to purchase online, but a week or so before you fly in so you can make sure you can organize the confirmation letter if you don't get one automatically?
We already have two expired Wildcards that are causing confusion, now to add another one...as we can't find the previous card (number)... :hmz:

24/11 - 27/11 Lower Sabie
28/11 - 1/12 Olifants
2/12 - 5/12 Skukuza
x
9/12 - 11/12 Pretoriuskop
12/12 - 18/12 Satara
19/12 - 22/12 Berg-en-Dal

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Glad someone asked this question. I bought mine online and still have not recieved it 5 months on :( I have contacted the queries dept but no reply. So am giving up terrible that we all have so many problems. But hey ho. Will just renew online in the new year as close to date of travel as I dare.

7-11 Satara
12-15 Olifants
16-19 Lower Sabie
20-22 Croc Bridge

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:22 am 

I never received my wildcard either (living in Australia) - bought it in Jan, then travelled to Kruger in March using the confirmation letter with no problems.

Now I'm heading back again in December, still without a card, and hoping the confirmation letter from January will still be accepted. When I check my details online it shows the record, but interestingly the Wildcard number is blank, so I guess they just never issued one for some reason. I do receive the Wild magazine, so something worked!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:44 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

We have also not received our wildcards either - living in Australia. I wandered if anyone living overseas has received a card recently. I am most nervouse that there may be a problem, so have appreciated the comments that people have had no problems using the letter only.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 pm 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2013)
FAC Member (2012)
Given the problems' with the wild card, anyone trying to enforce any 'rules' and disregarding the letter will be scoring a big own goal and be seriously embarassed by anyone pointing out their problems with the wild card system.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:19 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Having had no success in trying to renew my card on line, that I never received last year. I gave up and headed for Head Office here in Pretoria. I went to the Wild Card counter only to be told that before anything can be done I must pay R100.00 for a lost card. :big_eyes: R100.00 FOR A SMALL PIECE OF PLASTIC. :big_eyes: When I told her that I had never received it in the post she merely shrugged and said that it had been posted off in May 2011 and that I must have lost it. Trying to tell her that I never ever received it fell on deaf ears. Ok, to avoid having to pay the R100.00 which is a lot of money to a pensioner, I said that I want to then buy a new card now. Her reply was that I could not do that as my ID number was on record and the system would pick it up. WHOOOEEEE their system can be so efficient when it comes to collecting money. Wish it was so efficient when renewing a card.

Wow - talk about making easy money - SANParks know just how to do it. :rtm: :rtm:

Can someone please explain to me exactly what the R100.00 fee is for. It cannot be for the plastic as they would have had to issue a new card in any event. It cannot be for the administration involved as they would have had to do the paperwork to renew my card in any event.

By now I was so very g****l that I paid the R100.00 so we could get on with the business of getting a new card.

If I did not love going to our game reserves so much I would have told them to keep their card, close my account and that I was going to another game reserve.

PLEASE SANParks - get your Wild Card system in order.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:39 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Steamtrainfan, that is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that you were charged an R100 fee for a card that you never received -- and that they can't prove that you received, only that they sent it. Since I understand that the cards are sent registered mail, you would have had to sign for it, so there should be a record :sniper: :roll: Without that, they have NO grounds for charging you a fee for a 'lost card'! :roll:

I would ask why you did not insist on seeing a manager, since you were there at head office. I hope that saraf or one of the other mods can help put you in touch with the appropriate person and that you are able to get that fee refunded. The total ineptness of the WildCard programme since SANParks took it over is way, way beyond a joke. Just another example of poor/inadepquate/nonexistent service delivery?!? :roll:

31 Oct-1 Nov Pafuri River Camp
2-15 Nov KNP: Punda Maria, Sirheni, Olifants, Tamboti, Skukuza
16-22 Nov Cape Town
23 Nov-20 Jan Darling

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:21 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Steamtrainfan, you should have just taken a card out in your wife's name. :whistle: I would not have paid the R100. let me get this straight, a new member pays x for card and membership. A renewing member pays the same amount as a new member, so a renewing member is paying again for a card or a new member is not being charged for a card, so where does R100 for a card come in. It could also mean as a loyal customer who renews, your loyalty is not appreciated. Seeing as we are also not getting the benefits/specials that were promised years ago and all the issues and frustrations you have to go through with having and renewing a wild card, it is a cheek charging for a lost card that was never delivered and the chances of a card not being delivered judging by responses seem to outweigh the odds of it being delivered and then lost.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:25 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks arks and RobertT for your comments and advice.

I was put in touch with a senior person at Wild Card by a moderator. I sent an e-mail to this person ( no names , no pack drill) and then a number of e-mails were sent between the two of us.

I have now given up and SANParks is more than welcome to my R100.00.

To be fair to all and also to help others on this forum understand what happens when one loses a Wild Card I will try and attach the e-mails below.

Good morning Mr Gillatt

I have received an email from **** regarding the comments you made on the SANPark’s blog.

Please allow me to explain to you the following.

We send only the one card. Each time you renew your membership, the renewal is linked to the card. That is why you had to pay the R100 replacement fee.

According to the Post Office, you did receive the Earth Wild card in May 2011. My understanding is that you have lost the card and had to pay R100 for a replacement card.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Good afternoon Ms ,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

You mention "We send only the one card. Each time you renew your membership, the renewal is linked to the card."

Now I am even more perplexed as I did have a Wild Card on me, and a confirmation letter dated May 2011, but the lady at Wild Card told me it is an old card and of no use. I then destroyed that card and letter in front of her.

I thought that this card was my latest card as I have received no other cards.

If that card was an old card and of no use I would have had to receive another card in any event so why pay for a replacement.

Is there any proof that I signed for this "lost" card anywhere?

Please help clear my confusion in this regard.

Kind Regards,

Richard Gillatt

Good morning Sir

I will ask the Post Office for proof so that we can sort this out.

Can you remember if the word Earth Wild was written on the card?

If it is not too much trouble, could you kindly scan the receipt of your replacement card so that I can find out who assisted you.

Another question, did you receive your replacement card when you were at the office?

Regards

Good morning Ms,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I attach the following for your perusal:

- Copy of replacement card fee receipt for R100.00
- Copy of new card fee receipt for 2013-2014 for R570.00
- Copy of welcome letter
- Copy of new card number 02240450

I cannot remember but do not think it had the word Earth Wild written on it.

I did not receive a replacement card for 2012 - 2013 for which I produced the cinfirmation letter, only a new card as per attached.

Kind Regards,

Richard Gillatt

Thank you for the information.

The reason why you did not receive the card in 2012 - 2013 is because, according to the Post Office, you already received the card in 2011 (please see attached). And like I explained we send only the one card.

In future when you renew, the renewal will be linked to the card you have now.

I am waiting for the Post Office to send me the proof of delivery and will forward it to you as soon as I have received it.

Sir, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that you have experienced with this. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

( I am unable to upload the attachment but it does say that the card was delivered to me.)

My final e-mail to Wild Card.

Good afternoon Ms ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I still cannot understand why I paid for a replacement card that I never received.

I now feel that I am going to get nowhere as you and I do not seem to be understanding one another.

For the sake of R100.00 I feel that it just no longer worth the trouble we are both going to in order to try and explain our sides of the matter.

Thank you so much for all the trouble you been to try and clear this matter up for me.

I will be publishing these e-mails on the SANParks forum so that other folk will know what to expect when they lose a card.

Kind Regards,

Richard Gillatt

Is it me that it is not understanding how Wild Card works with lost/not received cards???????

SUMMARY AS I UNDERSTAND IT.

A person only receives 1 card and each time you renew your card that renewal is linked to your original card. You do not get another card.
See highlighted sentence above.

Even if I had lost my card last year why did I pay for a replacement card for 2012-2013 and not receive the replacement card?

I paid the R100.00 and did not receive a card.

I then paid the R570.00 and received a new card for 2013 - 2014.

To me it is no longer about the money but the principle.

End of story with one very confused :tongue: :tongue: SANParks customer.

If someone else can please explain it all to me so that I can understand please feel free to send me a PM.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:34 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

OK guys. To put this matter to bed it does appear as if I was at fault according to Wild Card. They have sent proof that I signed for a card on May 2011. This would have been my card for 2011-2012. I then renewed my card in May 2012 for 2012 - 2013 and as per e-mail I would not have received another card. The renewal would have been linked to my 2011 - 2012 card. Somewhere along the line I must have lost my 2011 -2012 card and still had my very old card from previous years which is the one that was no longer valid.

So in the end I had lost my card and must pay R100.00 for a replacement card. This is what I did and then received a new card number 002240450 for 2013-2014 together with a welcome letter.

On the same date as I did the replacement when I got home, lo and behold, there is an e-mail addressed to me thanking me for renewing card number 00063581 for the period 2013 - 2014.

So now I have two cards. :hmz: :hmz: :hmz:

I then wrote to my contact at Wild Card asking for card number 00063581 to be cancelled as I had card number 002240450 in my possession and I am going to Kruger in three weeks time and did not wish to experience problems at the gate.

I received a confirmation that this had been done and wishing me a pleasant trip and that I must submit photos for their Facebook page. :slap: :slap: :slap:

I suppose I will now have a black mark against my name at SANParks and one knows what that now means.

I am :pray: :pray: :pray: that I will not have any problems at the gate on 15 August.

I do apologise to all, including the moderator who put me in touch with a senior person at Wild Card and the senior person at Wild Card, for the all the trouble and wasted time I have caused in trying to resolve this matter.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Well, that is a comprehensive explanation and apology! :think:
It is not easy to eat humble pie. :redface:
I hope you are forgiven. :pray:
Have a wonderful trip! :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:55 pm 

I renewed my card in feb 2013 and have used it many times since, today I went to Addo and handed my card over and reception looked it up then asked my ID number and said '' sorry sir but it is not registered have you renewed your card'' fortunately I had the receipt in the car and was able to show him otherwise I may have had to pay entrance fees so has anyone else had the same problem, and to whom can I send an email to to check my standing?

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:43 pm 

Report back on my problem:
Saraf found out for me that there was a systems failure Tuesday which caused the problem. All is now running and can check ourselves on line.
Thanks Saraf you are a star

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:57 pm 

:redface: No I'm not, I'm just the messenger.