Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Page 1 of 2
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What an END......What a START
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:35 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

To 2009 and 2010.I returned from KNP yesterday :( and didnt plan to write a TR but I decided otherwise.We were in KNP for 13 nights. Started at Lower Sabie 4 nights then Satara 4 Nights then Berg & Dal 3 nights and ended in Skukuza with 2 Nights.

I am not going to do allot of writing I am going to let the pics tell the story.I have 1663 pics to go through and then I will start.It was an amazing trip.Great to see the bush so green and temperature's in the low 40's.Think 42.5 was the hottest.We had great sightings some of the best every since going to KNP.

Here is a small taster:Image

3 Male lions hunting buffalo: The Movie!!!

Post subject: Re: What an END......What a START
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:58 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Thanks guys I wont keep you waiting to long.

Eagle Owl wrote:
Nice meeting you in the Krugerpark. And it was nice talking to your aunt in the laundery room. Please send her my regards.

Eagle Owl:Thank you for being so friendly and taking the time to talk to us was very fun and hope to see you guys again.I will send the regards. :thumbs_up:

Painter nice meeting you as well nice talking to you hope your trip was awesum. :thumbs_up:

Last taster before my TR.Not the nicest pic but I love this shot:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:14 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Day 1 has arrived.
We got to phabeni gate at around 11.Now we have to travel all the way to LS (CB was flooded).The days sightings was nice no cats but we saw the other members and we saw all the little impala's.The bush was nice and green and almost every stream and river has water.The sightings are a bit boring now but they do get much better believe me.Hope you enjoy.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:42 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hey guys don't have allot of time tonight but our 1ste full day has arrived.We only saw the general game but keep watching day 3(next installment) it gets much better and then I will write a bit more but for now enjoy the pics :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:56 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hey everyone thanks for the great support without you guys a TR would be pointless. :D :D
I like unusual glad that you pic it up.

Ok Day 3:Christmas day has arrived and what a good day it was.Our first BIG5 day.And I have loaded a few pics so enjoy.We traveled to skz via tar and back via Saletjie and went on the S28 in the afternoon.Lions on the H12,Leopard on the Saletjie and the female that gave us a nice roaring session was on the S28.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Day 4 has arrived.Our last full day at Lower Sabie and what a day this has been.We took the tar road down to Croc bridge had some coffee and rusks and took the S28 back then we took the H4-1 to go check out the lions in the river bed and later for the afternoon drive we took the same route as the morning drive.It was really just to hot to drive during the hours of 10am-4pm.Even the swimming pool is hotter than my bath water.I have got some stunning pics for you today(Or shall I say I love them) Hope you enjoy!!! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Day 5 has arrived!!! :dance: :dance:
Today we traveled to Satara and meet up with G@mespotter . We are planning on taking the H4-1 then the H12 then the H1-2 and finally the H1-3 to Satara.As we got out of camp we say cars to the left we went and found 2 lions not 300m from the camp(No pic) then people told us on the S29 there is a mating pair of lions and we found a dead honey badger on the way there.And our awesum leopard sighting happened just past Nkulu.We were the only car at first for a few minutes and in the pics you can see it was trying to hunt.The impala were not 20m away but as you can see people always inter fear.They go and park between the leopard and the impala's :huh: :huh: :huh: not very smart.We try and stop them or advice them but when it comes to a leopard people lose there manners totally :evil: :naughty: :huh:
Enjoy the pics :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Day 6

Our 1ste full day at Satara.First up was the H7.We had nice sighting as always.Saw our 1ste BBJ's of the trip.We actually saw around 15 on the H7.Most with pups.We decided to turn off the H7 on our way back to go see Griviana waterhole and what a good decision.We saw our only cheetah of the trip.Was far but got a few shots.Got some nice bird shots especially of the bee-eater in flight.And then I end the this installment with a pic of the best road in KNP (to get dust everywhere) The famous S100.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:00 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Day 7
And what a day it was.We started the day off on the S100 :evil: not very nice with all the cars but atleast I got the pics of the 1ste fish eagle with the fish.We went back to camp after the S100 and someone updated us about a few lions 2km from camp towards olifants :thumbs_up: got them.Then onto the H7 and what a good decision.I saw my second nice kill.It was so unexpected I was waiting to get a nice shot of the fish eagle in flight and ja the pics tell the story.Happened at Nsemani dam.Just after the dam we saw a car stopped and they looking, a car passed and we asked and they we like :huh: and then we saw a leopard but was to fast for a pic.Anyway we left after a few minutes and the rest of the day was fairly quite.We saw the sick lion on the S41 later in the afternoon. :(

Enjoy the pics especially the fish eagle's and the I like the very last pics of the trees :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi everyone :tongue:

I am back with the next installment.This going to be a small installment.It was our last day at Satara and I spent it with G@mespotter so I dont want to spoil his TR so I will only be doing my day after the drive with him and when he is at this stage with his TR I will post a link. :thumbs_up:

Day 8
We only did a afternoon drive after the day with G@mespotter and what a drive it was.Just past Nsemani dam we came across another leopard and her cub.In the previous installment I said we saw a leopard but didn't get a pic well this was basically on the same spot between the 2 gravel roads to grivani dam just past Nsemani dam traveling to Orpen.Oh and the snake was in camp at the ablution block.In the next installment you will understand why I called my TR What an END......What a START Anyway enjoy the pics

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Day 9-Last day of the year What an END...

Today we left Satara for our 3 night stint at BnD.We left Satara around 7 and took the 153km down.At the S126 turnoff a JJ stoped us and said on the S126 about 3km there are a pack of wild dogs we took the S126 and we found them about 8km in :wink: :dance: :dance: :dance: pack of 13 dogs and only around 4cars and the dogs ran up and down so everyone had a great view. They took off after a while and we left.What a start to the last day of the year??? :huh: :huh: How can it get better. Just passed Tsokwane we saw a few lionesses.The rest of the day was a bit quite.We went to Malelane for supplies and to get KFC best take away ever.Got into KNP again at around 5pm.Then someone stopped us and said there are :twisted: ...... :twisted: near afsaal we decided to go and when we got there they were in the road we are the only car there. Another 11 What an end... to 2009 it could not have been a better end, 24 in one day :wink: :wink: :dance: :dance: :sniper:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Day 10
1 Ste day of the year.How didi we start our year :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: With more dogs 6 or 7 of them.Probably the same pack as the day before just a different location.They were a bit far in the river bed but they still count.
Today was our last day at BnD the next day we had to leave :( for Skukuza.Now I have never spend a night there coz its to a busy camp and all but I looked forward to it,and our trip is getting to an end so ja.
Our last day was not the most exciting day.My favorite sighting was 2 sub-adult hyenas next to the road.Not the best installment but be sure to be here for the last few days :thumbs_up: It ended in a bang :whistle: :whistle:

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

The next installment has arrived :dance:

Day 11
Today we left BnD for Skukuza.We had an awesome day with some very great sightings.We took the H3 up to Skz.We came across allot of cars and then we saw the lions they were looking at.Not the best sighting with all the cars and just look at all the people hanging out of their cars.We eventually left the lions.Not sure how many there were and didnt get nice pics.Not even 3km another traffic jam and not so many cars but a few.What are they looking at.We were searching on the ground when I looked at the angle of the lenses and realized its in the tree and just look what we saw our 1ste LIT.Got to camp got the bungalow and got settled.Afternoon drive we took the doispane road and back with the S3.Our best sighting:The rangers keeping OUR park save for the animals as best as possible. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Hats off to you guys.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

KTF hooked wrote:
so these are snares they have found in the park?

We spoke to them for a few minutes.That was the snares of 1days work :evil: :evil:

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:12 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

klotzof:
klotzof wrote:
The 2nd pic of rhino on day 10 looks like a black rhino??

:thumbs_up: There were 2 of them.Was weird coz there were 6 white rhinos with them

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next