Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your Forum Footprint
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 pm 

Split: DD seems to need to start the year with a clear conscience :twisted:

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:18 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

'Arrogance and rudeness are the training wheels for weak people who cannot keep their balance in life without them'
Laura Theresa Marquez.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:13 am 
Bennievis wrote:
My motto is to think twice before :sniper: someone down. I would therefore like to apologise to Jumbo for taking her on (some years ago - and it still bothers me!) about something very silly. I totally overreacted. Askies! :slap:

Oh dear, Bennie…I honestly cannot remember something like that….my memories of you are actually quite good ones :D …so there is really no reason to worry or apologize. 8)

I think for the most of us our love for these parks does not come from our brains…it is not an intellectual decision…it comes from out harts…they, and the people we believe contribute to their success, are a passion for us….and as often happen when one are passionate about something, you tend to overreact in situations where you feel the object of your passion might be threatened. :?

I don’t think there is one person on this forum who did not some or other time got a bit of mud on their “boots”…and might have shot themselves in those “boots”….I’ve got a few holes in my boots. :lol: :redface:
Maybe the secret is that we all realize that we are just humans…we all make mistakes….if you make a mistake, be “man” enough to admit it…but at the same time, we should also try to be tolerant to others when they make mistakes.
Having said this, Africat’s example of a footprint is truly something to keep in mind … and leaving an untarnished footprint is something to strive for. 8)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:34 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

A very good post Jumbo

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:35 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Snow Zee wrote:
'Arrogance and rudeness are the training wheels for weak people who cannot keep their balance in life without them'
Laura Theresa Marquez.

:clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:10 am 

If my posts can show my love and passion for the parks, which is the reason I joined this forum, then I can be happy and satisfied that my forum footprints are going in the right direction and this is what I try and strive for.

Thanks for making us think and reflect Africat. :wink:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:14 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

For those that think their interest in 'Wildlife Conservation' gives them the right to insult fellow forumites, disrespect and insult the moderators, or make a point by using unacceptable language...here is a reminder of what it really is about..

Wildlife Conservation

Regulation of wild animals and plants in such a way as to provide for their continuance. Efforts are aimed at preventing the depletion of present populations and ensuring the continued existence of the habitats targeted species need to survive. Techniques involve establishment of sanctuaries and controls on hunting, use of land, importation of exotic species, pollution, and use of pesticides.

(From The Free Dictionary by Farlex)

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:50 am 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

My forum footprint :doh: Well KNP is my very very special place, and although I do not often post, I try and read everything, and if I cannot contribute something positive, I prefer to keep quiet. In my daily life I try and promote Sanparks to the best of my ability. Often I am sad :cry: to hear of old friends leaving, (and it is amazing how many there have been) but try and remain unbiased, even though it is often extremely difficult.

I am a free spirit...Either admire me from the ground. Or fly with me...But don't ever try to cage me.

Already planning the next trip

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Nkulu :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:10 pm 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Many footprints through the years. Some with normal boots, some with huge boots, some in ballet shoes. And try to look back at the print.
Was it a good print to track down by others...
Some were and some not
So for 2010, more good prints

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:47 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Yep, hoping for more good footprints in 2010, bert. Thanks for all who posted comments here, very uplifting to look forward to an improved Forum this year.

I certainly did not start the topic from a holier-than-thou, goody two shoes (pun intended) perspective, as I have had my own posts removed on occasion, and been in a scuffle or two, where my own nose was bloodied, and rightfully so. When I looked in the mirror and pointed a finger, I saw it was pointed squarely back at ME.

Perhaps we can revisit this topic at the end of 2010, and see if we learned anything, individually, and thereby, collectively. If we each post with the idea in the back of our mind that we will be examining the path we took, we may avoid "stepping in it" more often than not.

CHEERS!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

:thumbs_up: :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:05 pm 

AFRICAT wrote:
Perhaps we can revisit this topic at the end of 2010, and see if we learned anything, individually, and thereby, collectively. If we each post with the idea in the back of our mind that we will be examining the path we took, we may avoid "stepping in it" more often than not.

Great idea. We will move this to the Chill Room, where it can stay and we can add to it :thumbs_up:

It's not too late at all. You just don't yet know what you are capable of. Mahatma Gandhi

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:02 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Africat - this is a constructive thread... and now I know where the "spilt" originated. I had tried reading the "split" as well as some other dubious threads and gave up... Said to myself... this is not for me.

With regard to my forum footprint - I am still on baby steps but at least this year can do some help with admin on the stiffneck thread.

This has been so rewarding to give back to those that have given so often!

Croc Bridge - 6 April 2012
Berg en Dal - 7&8 April 2012

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm 
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2012)
Thank you, your post gives us pause to think about our contributions and our place here on the forum. While I don't have many posts, I feel that I have been an asset, and walk with bare feet - leaving no mud or unwanted debris behind.