Skip to Content

THE GREAT QUIZ CHAT

Enjoy, participate and learn from the quiz forum. Post your quiz here for others to enjoy as well

Moderator: RosemaryH

Mike1916
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Re: THE GREAT QUIZ CHAT

Unread postby Mike1916 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:53 pm

Imberbe wrote:The reason you cannot find a specific period for the musth, is because there is no such a thing. The period of musth is dependent on many different factors, possibly even some factors us humans are not aware of. Some include the health of the animal, status, climate, area in which the animal lives, ... Accordingly the period of musth vary tremendously.

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: Thanks for the great Info Imberbe :thumbs_up:
Sustainability is not something we do in addition to..........., it is about the manner in which we do everything

Kath U.K

Unread postby Kath U.K » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Very interesting info -Thankyou Imberbe ,saves me losing sleep! :doh:

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Fri May 01, 2009 7:51 am

kathian wrote:However I have an excuse... the nearest I get to wildlife is through the forums... you're a whole lot nearer; you could be in Kruger this weekend studying those elephants in person!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :

Hi Kathian, soooo wish I could be there this weekend (or as a matter of fact, everyday of the year!)

Imberbe - thanks for sorting this one out. Also noted that on some of the threads... :thumbs_up:
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t.” - Harvey MacKay

Imberbe
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Imberbe » Sun May 03, 2009 12:15 am

Hey all. I'll be away for a few days, so if there are any quizzes that has my name on them, please someone take the next question.

:naughty: But do not think that you can take chances now ... :twisted: I have asked the other mods to keep an eye here. :lol:

Enjoy! :dance:
Imberbe = Combretum imberbe = Leadwood = Hardekool = The spirit of the Wildernis!

Want to know more about the SANParks Honorary Rangers? Visit www.sanparksvolunteers.org

One positive deed is worth more than a thousand critical words.

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Sun May 03, 2009 8:49 am

Hi Imberbe, have a marvelous time! :thumbs_up:

When the cat's away, the mice come out to play... :dance: :dance: :dance:
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don’t.” - Harvey MacKay

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Sun May 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Hi Bishop3006, welcome back, hope you had one helluva time!

Yip, Imberbe is now on AWOL... seems you guys are taking turns? Lucky you.

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Sun May 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks - a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! :twisted: :twisted:

As I said over on the Insect quiz, the weekend on the farm was good. Friday I was sitting in the open in the shade in front of a bush watching the animals, only "hiding" behind some grass, less than two feet high. At one stage the springbok were some 30 paces from me - such neat, clean little animals. You shoulda seen the heads come up in shock when I started speaking to them! But they still didn't know where I was and moved off to about 50 paces. Life is good. :mrgreen:
Marius
Hunter, nature lover, conservationist.

I believe that for man to survive, we must work with nature rather than against her. We need the land; the land doesn't need us. Too many people have lost sight of this fact. - Bruce Truter

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Mon May 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Something else.. We are not allowed to chat in the quizzes :rtm: , but in the Great Quiz Chat-room.

So perhaps we should get a code word for use in the quizzes - eg. GQC - that means go and check out a non-quizz remark in the GQC-room. How else will someone know that you would like to exchange an idea or two, but not relevant to the quizz itself? :hmz:

What's your views?

billyf

Unread postby billyf » Mon May 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Good idea Elzet - especially if you want to diagree with somebody :tongue:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi billyf, thanks... and by the way, you know by now that I will never disagree with you :tongue:

billyf

Unread postby billyf » Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 pm

:redface: :redface: Elzet, that earns you 10 brownie points. Anything else you would like? :tongue:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:29 pm

billyf wrote:Good idea Elzet - especially if you want to diagree with somebody :tongue:

Elzet? Disagree with anybody? NEVAAA!!! :twisted:
Marius

I believe that for man to survive, we must work with nature rather than against her. We need the land; the land doesn't need us. Too many people have lost sight of this fact. - Bruce Truter

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Mon May 04, 2009 9:36 pm

billyf wrote::redface: :redface: Elzet, that earns you 10 brownie points. Anything else you would like? :tongue:

Yes, please, billyf. Any choc-chip cookies with a special dip lying around? :twisted:

bishop3006 wrote:Elzet? Disagree with anybody? NEVAAA!!! :twisted:
Yes, quite right, Bishop (see, already I'm agreeing), I realise that men (and women) prefer meek-and-mild ladies and thus I play the game... :twisted:

B3006, re your sheep question - typed a whole response and it is currently doing its rounds in cyberspace, it seems :hmz: In any event, wanted to tell you that for women to level the playing fields, and to 'get back', i.e. retaliate in a mischievous way, is a VERY POSITIVE and fulfilling experience! :mrgreen:

bishop3006
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby bishop3006 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Elzet wrote:B3006, re your sheep question - typed a whole response and it is currently doing its rounds in cyberspace, it seems :hmz: In any event, wanted to tell you that for women to level the playing fields, and to 'get back', i.e. retaliate in a mischievous way, is a VERY POSITIVE and fulfilling experience! :mrgreen:

Now you see, I was GONNA say that, that getting back is standard practise for women, but then my superior gentlemanly behaviour towards the weaker sex got some sense into me for a change. :mrgreen: And Imberbe is not here to protect me!
Marius

Elzet
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Elzet » Mon May 04, 2009 9:46 pm

Weaker gender? Weaker gender? Are you for real? :twisted:

Trust me, not even Imberbe will be able to protect you from a woman's wrath!

Return to “Quizzes”